Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Large Than Life Lady Suing Delta & KLM

+7
BoltonTillIDie
Keegan
Sgt. Bash
Reebok Trotter
rammywhite
Michael Bolton
Natasha Whittam
11 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

The husband of 30 stone larger than life Vilma Soltesz is suing two airlines for refusing to let her fly back to New York from her holiday home in Hungary. The seatbelts on Delta and KLM flights would not go round her huge belly.

She can't sue herself as she had one too many cheeseburgers and is soon to be buried, allegedly in a shipping container.

The lawsuit is centred around the fact that KLM flew the woman to Hungary so the husband is claiming they had a duty to get the fatty back.

Is he right? Should the airline have let her fly without wearing a seatbelt or were they right to turf her off the flight.

Last edited by Natasha Whittam on Wed Nov 28 2012, 17:05; edited 1 time in total

Michael Bolton

Michael Bolton
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

Nat, will you stop calling people fat. Larger than life or bubbly personality is a nicer term to use.

rammywhite

rammywhite
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

The question was,was she a danger to other passengers in an emergency -and she probably was as she waddled to the emergency slide,jumped on it and flattened it. Fat people on planes are a nuisance as they droop over the arm rest,squash the people sat next to them and then eat all the food. They generally then feel sorry for themselves and start blubbing.
They should be made to fly and pay for business where at least they might fit into one seat

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Michael Bolton wrote:Nat, will you stop calling people fat. Larger than life or bubbly personality is a nicer term to use.

Done. Is that better?

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

If her seatbelt didn't fit on the flight out of Hungary then she shouldn't have been allowed to fly out in the first place.

Sgt. Bash

Sgt. Bash
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

Sounds like she'd need an entire A380 all to herself!

Keegan

Keegan
Admin

Michael Bolton wrote:Nat, will you stop calling people fat. Larger than life or bubbly personality is a nicer term to use.

Neither description necessarily fits fat people. I suspect you're thinking about Santa Claus.

https://forum.boltonnuts.co.uk

BoltonTillIDie

BoltonTillIDie
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Reebok Trotter wrote:If her seatbelt didn't fit on the flight out of Hungary then she shouldn't have been allowed to fly out in the first place.

I agree, therefore the husband is right...

bwfc71

bwfc71
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

BoltonTillIDie wrote:
Reebok Trotter wrote:If her seatbelt didn't fit on the flight out of Hungary then she shouldn't have been allowed to fly out in the first place.

I agree, therefore the husband is right...

:agree:

gloswhite

gloswhite
Guðni Bergsson
Guðni Bergsson

I actually feel sorry for this lady. Although I dont understand how people let themselves get so overweight, this story is different. She and her husband were doing all they could to get home, and the airline, for 90% of the time tried to help. It seems to me that some regulations were observed too strictly, and this lady, no matter what she did, paid the ultimate price. There's lessons to be learned here, and the airlines will probably pay quite dearly for its inability to resolve what is nowadays a fairly common occurence.

Lofty_Love

Lofty_Love
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

The couple did not opt to see a doctor in Hungary as they felt the staff would not be familiar with her medical needs, and two days later Mrs Soltesz died and she was buried in Hungary.

Well thats just utter stupidity..

the report says she had kidney disease and diabetes problems. Hungarys hardly some third world country, they could have helped her. And someone in that medical and physical state should realise the risks of travelling. If they always knew they wouldn't use Hungarian medical facilities under any circumstances then why the hell did they take a holiday there when she was in such poor condition.

The airlines couldn't let her on without a seatbelt, its not being strict, if there was turbulence then she could have flown right out of her seat and smashed her head on the ceiling.. and the airline would have been sued for that instead.

The blame here lies with the wife and husband. Its a sad event, but if they had just used the medical help in Hungary then she most likely would have been fine, its sounds like her husband just let her die at their holiday home... I don't really understand how you could watch a loved one get so ill and do nothing, if they hated the Hungarian facilities so much then Austria and Germany are only a stones throw away compared to the US

Keegan

Keegan
Admin

Did she eat her own leg?

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I am surprised she was allowed to fly in the first place. Had she been successful in securing a doctors note to fly she would have had to take out private medical insurance because she is such a high risk passenger.

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

The story says that the problem in bringing her back was that she put on extra weight whilst on holiday - so much so that on one occasion staff could not lift her and on another occasion the seat could not take her weight!

I believe that we all have a duty of self care - hardly the airlines fault if she is unable to get into the plane and sit in a seat. Perhaps the airlines should be suing her estate for wasting their time trying to squeeze her into the planes after she decide to eat all the pies in Hungary whilst she was on her holiday.

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Sluffy wrote:The story says that the problem in bringing her back was that she put on extra weight whilst on holiday - so much so that on one occasion staff could not lift her and on another occasion the seat could not take her weight!

She should have been weighed before she flew out and then weighed again on her return. She should have been billed for any excess carriage as a form of fat cat tax. Chewing her foot off to knock off a few stone is going a tad too far.

Keegan

Keegan
Admin

Sluffy wrote:The story says that the problem in bringing her back was that she put on extra weight whilst on holiday - so much so that on one occasion staff could not lift her and on another occasion the seat could not take her weight!

I haven't bothered to read the story but I'd hate to think that a hugely overweight person - someone who has already endangered her health by overeating, mind you - was allowed to gain weight whilst on holiday! I think authorities should press charges against the husband instead the airline.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum