Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

"I can't afford to feed them" - why are your kids fat then?

3 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

jayjay23

jayjay23
Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

I keep seeing news articles about schools organising breakfast clubs because "children are being sent to school hungry because their parents can't afford to feed them" due to the rising cost of living but at he same time we are told that 50% of all kids are overweight, 30% being obese. HOW?

There was a woman in the paper (online) yesterday who claimed she didn't eat for four days per week so she could fed the kids... she was fat though. She also claimed that the reason was because she lost her job. She had been on 20k and her husband similar. She only lost the job in September! How can they be that skint already? And they pay £900 per month on their 140k mortgage. Move to a cheaper house the - don't claim handouts as though you re entitled to a certain level of housing. If you can't afford the house, don't live there!

Anyhow. Back to the point. How can kids be fat and starving at the same time?

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

jayjay23 wrote:And they pay £900 per month on their 140k mortgage. Move to a cheaper house the - don't claim handouts as though you re entitled to a certain level of housing.

It's not easy to sell your house quickly unless you're offering it at a crazy price. I have every sympathy for people that lose their jobs and can't pay the mortgage - not happy that you are trivialising it.

Bernard Dennis Park

Bernard Dennis Park
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

If she was paying £900 a month on her mortgage and was only earning £20,000 a year how do you expect her to have money saved up jayjay? She'll have had other bills to pay you know? It's obvious you still live at home with mummy and daddy.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum