Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Overrated Wastes of Money

+7
aaron_bwfc
Lofty_Love
xmiles
Natasha Whittam
Sgt. Bash
Banks of the Croal
terenceanne
11 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Overrated Wastes of Money Empty Overrated Wastes of Money Sun Dec 02, 2012 9:54 pm

terenceanne

terenceanne
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

Off topic of BWFC.....Who are the most overrated players currently in the Prem:

My current favorites are:

Torres, Andy Carroll, Henderson, Jarvis, Bent, Crouch.

2Overrated Wastes of Money Empty Re: Overrated Wastes of Money Sun Dec 02, 2012 10:21 pm

Banks of the Croal

Banks of the Croal
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

At the moment i'd say Torres & Carroll with combined transfer fees of 85 mil.

3Overrated Wastes of Money Empty Re: Overrated Wastes of Money Sun Dec 02, 2012 10:23 pm

Sgt. Bash

Sgt. Bash
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

In terms of media hype, Fernando Torres. Had a good spell at Liverpool. Has shown that he's decent at best. Not the world beater Abramovich paid for and continues to jack off over.

4Overrated Wastes of Money Empty Re: Overrated Wastes of Money Sun Dec 02, 2012 10:24 pm

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I don't agree with Crouch, he has a pretty good scoring record at PL and international level. A bit tight to mention him in the same list as Torres, Henderson & Carroll.

5Overrated Wastes of Money Empty Re: Overrated Wastes of Money Sun Dec 02, 2012 10:25 pm

Sgt. Bash

Sgt. Bash
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

Scott Sinclar could prove to be one as well. Good at Swansea, but he'll never maintain a place in the City team.

6Overrated Wastes of Money Empty Re: Overrated Wastes of Money Sun Dec 02, 2012 10:45 pm

xmiles

xmiles
Jay Jay Okocha
Jay Jay Okocha

Banks of the Croal wrote:At the moment i'd say Torres & Carroll with combined transfer fees of 85 mil.

Yes they are in a league of their own as poor investments.

7Overrated Wastes of Money Empty Re: Overrated Wastes of Money Mon Dec 03, 2012 12:11 am

Lofty_Love

Lofty_Love
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

Natasha Whittam wrote:I don't agree with Crouch, he has a pretty good scoring record at PL and international level. A bit tight to mention him in the same list as Torres, Henderson & Carroll.

I agree. Crouch is a top player, if anything I think hes been underrated.

There have been bigger wastes of money than this list, but these guys are constantly overhyped:

Evra - Been Uniteds weakest link for a while, MOTD bum him.

Ashley Young

Milner - what was he? 25 mill?

Al AlHabsi - Well not really in general but the way everyone on here goes on about him he is. He makes so many mistakes. He came 17th on saves per shot ratio last season..

Gareth Barry? - I can't make up my mind what to think of him, the media always tells me hes fantastic, but I just can't remember him doing anything impressive

8Overrated Wastes of Money Empty Re: Overrated Wastes of Money Mon Dec 03, 2012 2:32 am

terenceanne

terenceanne
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

Agree on Young (you get 15 minutes per game), Milner (Solid Workhorse, could play for us but not International level) and Barry (No idea why he's rated).
I suppose Crouch should not be in this group ...he's just ok.

For the record I never liked Torres at Liverpool ..... and mi mate who is a big Liverpool fan agrees. Sounds daft considering the goals he scored but there was always something lighweight about him.....He had the magic for two seasons....Liverpool got the best out of him.....done now IMO .....some fool like Real Madrid will drop another boatload of cash soon.....

9Overrated Wastes of Money Empty Re: Overrated Wastes of Money Mon Dec 03, 2012 11:13 am

aaron_bwfc

aaron_bwfc

Darren Bent, the media go on at paul lambert like he has dropped messi from the Villa squad.

Raheem Stirling, ok he is decent but he isn't as good as people make him out to be, not saying he won't become a very good player but he's not at that level yet.

Oh and Shaun Wright-Phillips

10Overrated Wastes of Money Empty Re: Overrated Wastes of Money Mon Dec 03, 2012 12:09 pm

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Half of Man City's reserve team are a complete waste of money. City seem to buy everyone just so no-one else can buy them then they stick them on the bench to keep their backsides warm.

11Overrated Wastes of Money Empty Re: Overrated Wastes of Money Mon Dec 03, 2012 12:14 pm

aaron_bwfc

aaron_bwfc

Why they bothered signing scott sinclair is beyond me, they don't play with wingers, just seems they bought him for the sake of it. Same with Adam johnson before him, talk about a waste of a career,

12Overrated Wastes of Money Empty Re: Overrated Wastes of Money Mon Dec 03, 2012 12:21 pm

Banks of the Croal

Banks of the Croal
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

I think Stewart Downing was another bad buy for Liverpool.

13Overrated Wastes of Money Empty Re: Overrated Wastes of Money Mon Dec 03, 2012 12:41 pm

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Glen Johnson - never got the fascination with him, couple of good runs and he's "world class"

14Overrated Wastes of Money Empty Re: Overrated Wastes of Money Mon Dec 03, 2012 12:45 pm

aaron_bwfc

aaron_bwfc

Never been a fan of Glen Johnson, as a player going forward he's decent but as an actual right back he's got worse positional sense than Steinsson.

15Overrated Wastes of Money Empty Re: Overrated Wastes of Money Mon Dec 03, 2012 12:54 pm

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Hipster_Nebula wrote:Glen Johnson - never got the fascination with him, couple of good runs and he's "world class"

Didn't Chelsea get shut of him because he couldn't defend ?

16Overrated Wastes of Money Empty Re: Overrated Wastes of Money Mon Dec 03, 2012 12:54 pm

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

He's English so he must be good.

17Overrated Wastes of Money Empty Re: Overrated Wastes of Money Tue Dec 04, 2012 6:04 pm

Boggersbelief

Boggersbelief
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Biggest waste of money of all time - shevchenko.

Currently - Torres.

18Overrated Wastes of Money Empty Re: Overrated Wastes of Money Tue Dec 04, 2012 7:20 pm

terenceanne

terenceanne
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

Yep ....agree on Adam Johnson and Downing.

19Overrated Wastes of Money Empty Re: Overrated Wastes of Money Tue Dec 04, 2012 7:35 pm

Keegan

Keegan
Admin

I'd pull Crouch and Bent from that list. Torres, Henderson, Carroll - ridiculous.

https://forum.boltonnuts.co.uk

20Overrated Wastes of Money Empty Re: Overrated Wastes of Money Tue Dec 04, 2012 7:38 pm

Lofty_Love

Lofty_Love
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

Hipster_Nebula wrote:Glen Johnson - never got the fascination with him, couple of good runs and he's "world class"

Forgot about him, crap defender, alright going forward but usually looses the ball.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum