Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Don't give up on us yet - Ricketts

+6
Boggersbelief
Sgt. Bash
terenceanne
Reebok Trotter
wanderlust
aaron_bwfc
10 posters

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Don't give up on us yet - Ricketts Empty Don't give up on us yet - Ricketts Tue Dec 04 2012, 12:31

aaron_bwfc

aaron_bwfc

Sam Ricketts refuses to give up on Wanderers promotion chances this season despite a 15-point gap to the automatic spots.

A first defeat under Dougie Freedman against Ipswich on Saturday was the Whites’ seventh in 20 Championship matches and denied them the chance to move within five points of the last play-off position currently occupied by Watford.

Wanderers have now drifted to 7/1 with the bookies to be promoted straight back to the Premier League and 25/1 to be champions.

“I think we were 15 points off before the Ipswich game and I wasn’t discounting the top two and I won’t be now.

“There are so many games to play. We have to play all the teams who are up there at the moment.

“We are a big scalp to some but we have shown we can beat anyone. We can beat any team and go on a run of four, five, six wins on the spin and then all of a sudden it’s a different picture.

“For the last 10 years we’ve had a fantastic time in the Premier League but a lot of the time it has been us doing the defending.''

The 31-year-old added: “It’s a passing style and to an extent, like a basketball routine on how we want to set up.

“The fans have to buy into it as well. And in order for them to do that, they understandably want to see results and performances''

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I'm not giving up on the chances of promotion but it's a side issue for me now. If we get a settled team that produces good performances every game and we show progress as a club with a clear strategy for the future I'd be happy - promotion would be a bonus.

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

aaron_bwfc wrote:

“The fans have to buy into it as well. And in order for them to do that, they understandably want to see results and performances''

The fans will buy into it when we start beating the likes of Ipswich at home.

terenceanne

terenceanne
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

BBC said Ipswich had up to 60% of possession at one point .....who are we passing it to exactly? not each other apparently.

Wouldn't it be nice to be a Swansea fan right now.

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Laudrup has done really well at Swansea. I thought they might struggle after losing Brendan Rodgers but they have been a surprise package like WBA.

aaron_bwfc

aaron_bwfc

Steve Clark always had the makings of a good manager, worked under some very good managers in his time at chelsea and liverpool, no surprise to see how well he is doing at present to be honest.

I just wished we had signed shane long before WBA did.

Sgt. Bash

Sgt. Bash
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

I've officially given up now. A top half finish would be nice. I reckon we have at least two more seasons of Championship football after this before we mount a real promotion push. That's if we all keep faith with Dougie & co of course. If we keep sacking managers, we'll end up in a position like Coventry City are in now. (IMHO of course!)

Boggersbelief

Boggersbelief
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I'm sick to death of our players issueing calls to fans, first NRC then zat knight, Keith andrews and now Sam ricketts. It's not us that are shit! If they put half as much passion in their efforts on the field then we'd all be happy.

We need a new set of players, I'm disillusioned by these set of wankers.

Keegan

Keegan
Admin

Too late, Ricketts.

https://forum.boltonnuts.co.uk

10Don't give up on us yet - Ricketts Empty Re: Don't give up on us yet - Ricketts Tue Dec 04 2012, 17:48

doffcocker

doffcocker
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

“For the last 10 years we’ve had a fantastic time in the Premier League

The fantastic days ended a while before you pitched up.

11Don't give up on us yet - Ricketts Empty Re: Don't give up on us yet - Ricketts Tue Dec 04 2012, 22:58

Soul Kitchen

Soul Kitchen
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

doffcocker wrote:

Unfortunately nothing lasts forever and we are now reaping the reward of Mr Gartside's multiple follies. However I know fuck all about football according to Garty and fuck all about music according to Angry "Ringpiece Starr is a Leg End" Dad. But how are they qualified to judge? Hang in there I say, the alarm clock will soon go off and it'll be a new day! Am I delusioned?

12Don't give up on us yet - Ricketts Empty Re: Don't give up on us yet - Ricketts Tue Dec 04 2012, 23:05

Angry Dad

Angry Dad
Youri Djorkaeff
Youri Djorkaeff

Soul Kitchen wrote:
doffcocker wrote:

Unfortunately nothing lasts forever and we are now reaping the reward of Mr Gartside's multiple follies. However I know fuck all about football according to Garty and fuck all about music according to Angry "Ringpiece Starr is a Leg End" Dad. But how are they qualified to judge? Hang in there I say, the alarm clock will soon go off and it'll be a new day! Am I delusioned?
No you are a cunt .

13Don't give up on us yet - Ricketts Empty Re: Don't give up on us yet - Ricketts Wed Dec 05 2012, 03:48

terenceanne

terenceanne
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

I have not given up hope .......I never had any to begin with.

I knew we were in trouble last season, then pre-season along with the Crawely fiasco should have set alarm bells off. But fans and experts alike said we will cruise the division. A loss to a Pub 11 from Hudderfield this week and we will have Mears telling us we are only 18 points off the playoff's .... [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

14Don't give up on us yet - Ricketts Empty Re: Don't give up on us yet - Ricketts Wed Dec 05 2012, 16:28

Boggersbelief

Boggersbelief
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Mears is banned for this game, thank god.

15Don't give up on us yet - Ricketts Empty Re: Don't give up on us yet - Ricketts Wed Dec 05 2012, 16:33

Sgt. Bash

Sgt. Bash
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

Boggersbelief wrote:Mears is banned for this game, thank god.

:party:

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum