Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

I want three new players in January! - Freedman

+9
JonnyRandom
NickFazer
Soul Kitchen
Reebok Trotter
Culcheth_White
Reebok_Rebel
observer
Sgt. Bash
Sluffy
13 posters

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

3 more like 13 Duggie!

Dougie Freedman says Bolton need to sign three new players to kick start their season.

Freedman's side are eight points off the play-off and just seven clear of the Championship relegation zone after losing 1-0 to Sheffield Wednesday.

It was their second successive defeat after lost to Wednesday's relegation rivals Peterborough on Saturday.

Freedman said: "I thought that we didn't put enough pressure on Sheffield Wednesday's goal in the first half and that ultimately cost us after going behind.

"In the second half we put them under a lot more pressure and upped the tempo but over the 90 minutes we didn't do enough.

"I put the defeat down to their good defence, which we couldn't break down and the consistency of our results is not where it should be at this time.

"It does surprise me that we are so close to the bottom but it doesn't concern me because I've seen what this group is capable of.

"I think the players need a bit of a hand and we need to recruit two or maybe three guys who have played at this level before.

"The club as a whole is suffering from a bit of a hangover after getting relegated, but I'm sure when we get the right personnel in we will start to get a decent run of results together."

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Sgt. Bash

Sgt. Bash
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

Sluffy wrote:3 more like 13 Duggie!

:agree:

observer

Andy Walker
Andy Walker

Sluffy wrote:3 more like 13 Duggie!

Dougie Freedman says Bolton need to sign three new players to kick start their season.

Freedman's side are eight points off the play-off and just seven clear of the Championship relegation zone after losing 1-0 to Sheffield Wednesday.

It was their second successive defeat after lost to Wednesday's relegation rivals Peterborough on Saturday.

Freedman said: "I thought that we didn't put enough pressure on Sheffield Wednesday's goal in the first half and that ultimately cost us after going behind.

"In the second half we put them under a lot more pressure and upped the tempo but over the 90 minutes we didn't do enough.

"I put the defeat down to their good defence, which we couldn't break down and the consistency of our results is not where it should be at this time.

"It does surprise me that we are so close to the bottom but it doesn't concern me because I've seen what this group is capable of.

"I think the players need a bit of a hand and we need to recruit two or maybe three guys who have played at this level before.

"The club as a whole is suffering from a bit of a hangover after getting relegated, but I'm sure when we get the right personnel in we will start to get a decent run of results together."

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Let's get real. We could have had a 6 win December if we had players who wanted to be here. We are playing the bottom of the league now and getting our collective butts kicked. Instead of winning a brace, we have lost against bottom dwellers. If these guys don't want to play their hearts out, get rid of them and find mercenaries who want to play for the badge and who give a damn. Apparently OC only hired players who would sulk and pout and make excuses for them. To say we only need 3 players is an insult to the damage that has been done to this team over the past two seasons. Fire their bloody asses if they don't want to play and give their all. Fire them if they are not fit to play. We need a manager who will lead and who will not take this lying down. I don't want to hear we played well for a half but couldn't split the defense. The only thing I want to hear is that we get some players who want to play for this club. I want to see results. Anything less is disappointing.

Reebok_Rebel

Reebok_Rebel
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Excuses...

Our squad, with the correct management should be pasting this league all over the place...

Culcheth_White

Culcheth_White
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

January is never the easiest time to bring in a load of new recruits, I'd say 3 is about realistic enough. Dougie will do the majority of his business, in the summer.

From what I've heard, I expect 2 new defenders to be coming in. :good:

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Mears got an absolute slating today. I don't know if it is a confidence thing or what.

Soul Kitchen

Soul Kitchen
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

RT he was the smelliest turd in the toilet!

NickFazer

NickFazer
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

Soul Kitchen wrote:RT he was the smelliest turd in the toilet!
lol!

Quite an achievement considering all the competition today.

JonnyRandom

JonnyRandom
Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

Reebok_Rebel wrote:Excuses...

Our squad, with the correct management should be pasting this league all over the place...

dont agree with that one sorry.

Bogdan - not bad but still improving
Mears - garbage
Knight - improved and worth his place
Ream/Mills - garbage
Ricketts - better at right back
Warnock - best defender we have but cant expect him to lift our whole defence
Spearing - good but gives ball away very often. Can tell most games he is 100% committed
Andrews - Crap. Julie is a more suitable name
Lee - just not the same since his injury but my guesses he is getting back to full confidence
Eagles - good but you can tell he thinks hes better than he actually is. Crap at trying to win ball back after losing it
Petrov - one of the few that looks like he gives a toss but not the same player he was at city
M.Davies - good attacking, rest of game might as well play with 10 men
K.Davies - Same as petrov but not same player he was 3-4 years ago. Also looks like he cares.
N'gog - good but not a consistent scorer which we need
Afobe - quick but thats all he has going for him

Then the rest but I'm bored of typing and got to set off for work but you get the point.

Lyric Todkill

Lyric Todkill
Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

JonnyRandom wrote:
Reebok_Rebel wrote:Excuses...

dont agree with that one sorry.

Bogdan - not bad but still improving
Mears - garbage
Knight - improved and worth his place
Ream/Mills - garbage
Ricketts - better at right back
Warnock - best defender we have but cant expect him to lift our whole defence
Spearing - good but gives ball away very often. Can tell most games he is 100% committed
Andrews - Crap. Julie is a more suitable name
Lee - just not the same since his injury but my guesses he is getting back to full confidence
Eagles - good but you can tell he thinks hes better than he actually is. Crap at trying to win ball back after losing it
Petrov - one of the few that looks like he gives a toss but not the same player he was at city
M.Davies - good attacking, rest of game might as well play with 10 men
K.Davies - Same as petrov but not same player he was 3-4 years ago. Also looks like he cares.
N'gog - good but not a consistent scorer which we need
Afobe - quick but thats all he has going for him

Then the rest but I'm bored of typing and got to set off for work but you get the point.

warnock has left

WhiteBic

WhiteBic
Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

Does anyone else feel that we have very few players with strength? It was very apparent to me the without KDavies and Warnock who both love a hard tackle we had nobody who could ruffle a few feathers. Then what does Dougie do? He brings on chungy who is probably the most lightweight player in the league.

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I don't know where this great squad myth came from.

I was guilty, as were many, of underestimating the league. I thought simply playing at the premier league level for a period would mean we'd have a jump on the rest of the league, still predicted us to end up mid table though. For what it's worth i was obviously wrong about the extra step.

What did this "great squad" achieve elsewhere?

If you read the names you'll see it's mainly a set of flops from elsewhere or bang average journeymen.

Ok, i spose Petrov could have a case as a success elsewhere but he's now in the twilight of his career and has probably lost a step.

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Hipster_Nebula wrote:I don't know where this great squad myth came from.

I was guilty, as were many, of underestimating the league. I thought simply playing at the premier league level for a period would mean we'd have a jump on the rest of the league, still predicted us to end up mid table though. For what it's worth i was obviously wrong about the extra step.

What did this "great squad" achieve elsewhere?

If you read the names you'll see it's mainly a set of flops from elsewhere or bang average journeymen.

Ok, i spose Petrov could have a case as a success elsewhere but he's now in the twilight of his career and has probably lost a step.

lol!

You used to love these players and bang on about how good they were.

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

No i didn't.

I love Mark Davies and Holden but thats about it.

And it's true love nat, i don't dump them when we've had a few arguments, it's for life.

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Hipster_Nebula wrote:No i didn't.

I love Mark Davies and Holden but thats about it.

And it's true love nat, i don't dump them when we've had a few arguments, it's for life.

You love a player who performs 1 in 10 games and another who has taken BWFC for a ride since the day he joined BWFC?

WUM.

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

act is a bit tiresome, please stop making things up.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum