Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Bolton 1-1 Millwall

+19
aaron_bwfc
chipbutty
Jingizu99
Sluffy
gloswhite
karlypants
Michael Bolton
terenceanne
observer
Lofty_Love
Copper Dragon
summercummings
Natasha Whittam
Norpig
Keegan
Boggersbelief
Reebok Trotter
wanderlust
Sgt. Bash
23 posters

Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 4]

1Bolton 1-1 Millwall Empty Bolton 1-1 Millwall Wed Jan 09 2013, 16:46

Sgt. Bash

Sgt. Bash
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

OK, I'll start the match thread with how I'd play this one:

4-4-2

GK: Lonergan

LB: Alonso CBs: Ream & Mills RB: Ricketts

LM: Eagles CMs: Spearing & Pratley RM: Lee

STs: C.Davies & Sordell

Subs: Bogdan, Knight, Mears, Andrews, Petrov, N'Gog & K.Davies

--------------

The most important one for me is giving Andy Lonergan a go in the league. He showed us what he can do in the cup against a PL team.

As said in the other thread, I'd like to see Craig Davies go straight in as well.

I've gone for 2-0 in the prediction thread, I stand by that. Let's not have a horrible little club like Millwall doing a season double over us.

Attendance should be around 18-20k. Maybe push it to 22k with the special offer?

2Bolton 1-1 Millwall Empty Re: Bolton 1-1 Millwall Wed Jan 09 2013, 17:23

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I imagine DF will not rush to introduce C Davies, but he has a dilemma. If he starts with Ngog and Sordell again, it's not likely he'd have both SKD and CDavies on the bench - so something has to give IMO and I'll be watching with interest.

All agree Lonergan earned a start, but DF has to consider Bogdan's confidence so no guarantees.

I can't see him playing Ricketts at RB either - think it will be Mears, unfortunately. DF has had the chance to play Ricketts there before hence probably Mears until Riley is fit again.

I was hoping for a cameo from Holden coming off the bench, but it's still too early and after what happened last time he won't be risked until they're 100% confident.

We're close to having a full squad for the first time in ages, but suspect DF will play it conservatively for now.

3Bolton 1-1 Millwall Empty Re: Bolton 1-1 Millwall Wed Jan 09 2013, 17:25

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Personally, I think he should give Ricketts the RB spot and leave Alonso on the left with Knight and Ream in the middle.

4Bolton 1-1 Millwall Empty Re: Bolton 1-1 Millwall Wed Jan 09 2013, 21:45

Boggersbelief

Boggersbelief
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

As long as mears isn't playing i'll be happy.

3-1 win.
K.davies, eagles (2)

5Bolton 1-1 Millwall Empty Re: Bolton 1-1 Millwall Thu Jan 10 2013, 02:34

Keegan

Keegan
Admin

I don't see any reason why C.Davies shouldn't play from the start. He's match fit and has scored more goals this season than any of our lot. Get him in, Douglas!

https://forum.boltonnuts.co.uk

6Bolton 1-1 Millwall Empty Re: Bolton 1-1 Millwall Thu Jan 10 2013, 08:53

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

i also think its time to give Bogdan a rest and try Lonergan, as for the formation can't see DF switching from his 4-2-3-1 yet so i would guess Craig Davies will be on the bench.

i'll go for a 2-1 win for the super whites

7Bolton 1-1 Millwall Empty Re: Bolton 1-1 Millwall Thu Jan 10 2013, 09:13

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

If Natasha's theory (DF=OC2) is true, then Bogdan will return, Mears will play, Ricketts will be on the bench and CDavies may get a cameo appearance in the last 20 minutes when we need a goal. However I'm hoping for a lot more creativity and panache in terms of selection and system from DF now that his options are starting to increase. Not optimistic - just hopeful.

8Bolton 1-1 Millwall Empty Re: Bolton 1-1 Millwall Thu Jan 10 2013, 12:11

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

wanderlust wrote:

All agree Lonergan earned a start, but DF has to consider Bogdan's confidence so no guarantees.

Are you Owen Coyle? You don't keep a goalkeeper in the team for fear of denting his confidence, you pick the best keeper available. If that dents confidence then tough tits.

9Bolton 1-1 Millwall Empty Re: Bolton 1-1 Millwall Thu Jan 10 2013, 12:12

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

wanderlust wrote:If Natasha's theory (DF=OC2) is true, then Bogdan will return, Mears will play, Ricketts will be on the bench and CDavies may get a cameo appearance in the last 20 minutes when we need a goal.

Deep down we all know this will happen.

10Bolton 1-1 Millwall Empty Re: Bolton 1-1 Millwall Thu Jan 10 2013, 12:26

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Natasha Whittam wrote:
wanderlust wrote:

Are you Owen Coyle? You don't keep a goalkeeper in the team for fear of denting his confidence, you pick the best keeper available. If that dents confidence then tough tits.

I'm not. But if your DF=OC2 theory is true this is what will happen don't you think?. Please don't argue with yourself. Only WUMs do that and of course, you aren't a WUM.

11Bolton 1-1 Millwall Empty Re: Bolton 1-1 Millwall Thu Jan 10 2013, 12:32

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

wanderlust wrote:

I'm not. But if your DF=OC2 theory is true this is what will happen don't you think?. Please don't argue with yourself. Only WUMs do that and of course, you aren't a WUM.

You didn't make it clear those were Dougie's thoughts and not your own. Seeing as Dougie never thought those thoughts I think it was fair to assume they were yours.

12Bolton 1-1 Millwall Empty Re: Bolton 1-1 Millwall Thu Jan 10 2013, 13:25

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Natasha Whittam wrote:
wanderlust wrote:

You didn't make it clear those were Dougie's thoughts and not your own. Seeing as Dougie never thought those thoughts I think it was fair to assume they were yours.

My apologies...although I thought the first sentence of post 7 made it fairly clear whose thoughts they were. Still, I apologise for submerging clarity in overly-verbose rambling.

13Bolton 1-1 Millwall Empty Re: Bolton 1-1 Millwall Fri Jan 11 2013, 12:10

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I'm guessing Petrov won't make the bench?

14Bolton 1-1 Millwall Empty Re: Bolton 1-1 Millwall Fri Jan 11 2013, 13:40

summercummings

Nicky Hunt
Nicky Hunt

I'll be annoyed if Lonergan isn't given a chance. I thought he was outstanding against Sunderland, plus he commanded his area better than Bogdan ever has. He might not be young and sexy but I'll take a reliable goalie any day of the week.

15Bolton 1-1 Millwall Empty Breaking News Fri Jan 11 2013, 21:05

Copper Dragon

Copper Dragon
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

My crystal ball is revealing that Bolton will win tomorrow.

Unfortunately it's far too misty to see the actual scoreline.

So pour yoursen a bevvy and relax, you're safe in the knowledge that you'll be able to enjoy the game tomorrow without worrying.

16Bolton 1-1 Millwall Empty Re: Bolton 1-1 Millwall Fri Jan 11 2013, 21:22

Copper Dragon

Copper Dragon
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Everything in moderation eh? Suspect

17Bolton 1-1 Millwall Empty Re: Bolton 1-1 Millwall Sat Jan 12 2013, 14:14

Boggersbelief

Boggersbelief
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Heard that Craig Davies isn't even on the bench. But eaves and vela are. Don't know if it's true

18Bolton 1-1 Millwall Empty Re: Bolton 1-1 Millwall Sat Jan 12 2013, 14:21

Lofty_Love

Lofty_Love
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Your right Boggers, no C.Davies, Vela and Eaves on the bench.

Mears dropped for Ricketts Very Happy

Sordell, Afobe and Eaves, intrested to see who will get game time from them.

19Bolton 1-1 Millwall Empty Re: Bolton 1-1 Millwall Sat Jan 12 2013, 14:35

Boggersbelief

Boggersbelief
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Happy about mears not starting, would have liked lonergan to have started aswell! Bogdan needs a time out

DF doesn't think that Craig Davies is fit enough, that's the reason he's been left out apparently.

20Bolton 1-1 Millwall Empty Re: Bolton 1-1 Millwall Sat Jan 12 2013, 15:02

observer

Andy Walker
Andy Walker

No online commentary today?

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 4]

Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum