Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Wanderer injured - misleading BN tweet - Lee/Holden/Sordell update really!

+5
Bernard Dennis Park
Natasha Whittam
Boggersbelief
Sgt. Bash
Sluffy
9 posters

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

A tweet from Neil Bonnar of the Bolton News -

Read which Wanderers player has a big injury story in tomorrow's BN

Bit of a tease but I guess we will find out more tomorrow (Monday)

Last edited by Sluffy on Mon Jan 21 2013, 14:41; edited 1 time in total

Sgt. Bash

Sgt. Bash
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

Please be Tyrone Mears again, we didn't realise how lucky we were to not have him fit last season, we would have been down by Christmas had he been fit!

Boggersbelief

Boggersbelief
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

It's keith Andrews.

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Who cares.

Bernard Dennis Park

Bernard Dennis Park
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

The Bolton News is shit. It'll be wrong or something we already know.

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

I guess this is the story -

DOUGIE Freedman is having to restrict Chung-Yong Lee’s appearances for Wanderers because the winger is still feeling the after-effects of his horrific double leg break.

The Whites boss disclosed the full facts of the Korean’s battle for fitness after the 0-0 draw against his former club Crystal Palace, nearly eight months after he was brought back into the first team fold by Owen Coyle.

Chung-Yong spent nearly a year on the sidelines after sustaining a terrible injury in a pre-season friendly against Newport County, but has started 16 games in league and cup this term, with another eight appearances from the bench

But Freedman says the 24-year-old is still some way from being able to cope fully with the demands of Championship football.

“Chungy still feels his leg from time to time and I think he’s still got a few screws in there,” said the manager. “He can’t really keep going game after game after game.

“This is a secret I will share with the fans – and I hope this goes out there – that’s the reason he doesn’t play every week.

“We all know Chungy is a fantastic player and I’d love to play him every week, I’d love to see him on the training ground every day.

“But two games in a week just does not suit him right now because of these screws. It’s something we’ll just have to manage for now and that’s why he was rested on Tuesday night.”

Freedman resisted the chance to name Stuart Holden in his squad for Crystal Palace – possibly with the weather conditions in mind.

It is understood, however, that the American will be considered for this weekend’s FA Cup tie against Everton.

Marvin Sordell, whose two goals had helped set up the fourth round clash is another player who Freedman is reluctant to pitch in for two games in a week.

The young striker sat as an unused substitute at Selhurst Park, but the Wanderers boss is still encouraged by the progress he is making on the training ground.

“Marvin is still working his way back and we’ll have to be patient,” he said.

“If you want the honest truth – can Marvin play two games in a week? No.

“Marvin is not conditioned and hasn’t played two games in a week for a long time.

“I felt he could possibly have come on for us but the way the game panned out, it wasn’t to be. But Marvin Sordell is certainly getting there.”

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Bolton Nuts

Admin

So it's kind of what I posted about 3 days ago. More misleading bull from BN.

https://boltonnuts.forumotion.co.uk

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Fuck off Dougie, you talk shite.

Sgt. Bash

Sgt. Bash
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

Natasha Whittam wrote:Fuck off Bolton News, you talk shite.

I agree Laughing

Sluffy wrote:I guess this is the story -

DOUGIE Freedman is having to restrict Chung-Yong Lee’s appearances for Wanderers because the winger is still feeling the after-effects of his horrific double leg break.

The Whites boss disclosed the full facts of the Korean’s battle for fitness after the 0-0 draw against his former club Crystal Palace, nearly eight months after he was brought back into the first team fold by Owen Coyle.

Chung-Yong spent nearly a year on the sidelines after sustaining a terrible injury in a pre-season friendly against Newport County, but has started 16 games in league and cup this term, with another eight appearances from the bench

But Freedman says the 24-year-old is still some way from being able to cope fully with the demands of Championship football.

“Chungy still feels his leg from time to time and I think he’s still got a few screws in there,” said the manager. “He can’t really keep going game after game after game.

“This is a secret I will share with the fans – and I hope this goes out there – that’s the reason he doesn’t play every week.

“We all know Chungy is a fantastic player and I’d love to play him every week, I’d love to see him on the training ground every day.

“But two games in a week just does not suit him right now because of these screws. It’s something we’ll just have to manage for now and that’s why he was rested on Tuesday night.”

Freedman resisted the chance to name Stuart Holden in his squad for Crystal Palace – possibly with the weather conditions in mind.

It is understood, however, that the American will be considered for this weekend’s FA Cup tie against Everton.

Marvin Sordell, whose two goals had helped set up the fourth round clash is another player who Freedman is reluctant to pitch in for two games in a week.

The young striker sat as an unused substitute at Selhurst Park, but the Wanderers boss is still encouraged by the progress he is making on the training ground.

“Marvin is still working his way back and we’ll have to be patient,” he said.

“If you want the honest truth – can Marvin play two games in a week? No.

“Marvin is not conditioned and hasn’t played two games in a week for a long time.

“I felt he could possibly have come on for us but the way the game panned out, it wasn’t to be. But Marvin Sordell is certainly getting there.”

Nice to hear some transparency from the manager on the fitness of some of our key players.

:clap:

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

You don't know much about the human body. To use a two year old broken leg as an excuse is pretty pathetic.

Why can't they just admit Chungy is shite.

Natasha Whittam wrote:To use a two year old broken leg as an excuse is pretty pathetic.

You don't know much about the human body.

After a severe leg break like his this it's normal to feel a bit of discomfort.

Some time in the future he'll get the option to have the pins removed. Once that's done any discomfort should begin to subside.

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

bwfc1874 wrote:

Some time in the future he'll get the option to have the pins removed. Once that's done any discomfort should begin to subside.

You're clutching at straws. He was already out of form when he broke his leg, people seem to forget that.

His current form is as good as it gets. A broken leg that happened two years ago doesn't make you the worst crosser in the division - that's all his own work.

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

bwfc1874 wrote:
Natasha Whittam wrote:To use a two year old broken leg as an excuse is pretty pathetic.

to be fair she is a doctor. so...

Hipster_Nebula wrote:
bwfc1874 wrote:

to be fair she is a doctor. so...

Part time doctor, part time CEO of a major company.

An inspirational woman.

chris_bwfc

chris_bwfc
Nicky Hunt
Nicky Hunt

Natasha Whittam wrote:
bwfc1874 wrote:

You're clutching at straws. He was already out of form when he broke his leg, people seem to forget that.

His current form is as good as it gets. A broken leg that happened two years ago doesn't make you the worst crosser in the division - that's all his own work.
When you say Chungy was out of form... I seem to remember it was pre season? Therefore every player is out of form?

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Chungy's form has certainly improved from the start of the season but if he is complaining of pain in his injured leg what manager worth his salt would make him play every game ?

It sounds to me as if Dougie prefers to err on the side of caution and why not ?

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

bwfc1874 wrote:

An inspirational woman.

I feel I am finally getting the props I deserve.

Boggersbelief

Boggersbelief
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

An inspirational woman.

Remove the first two letters from woman and that's about right.

Sounds like good man management to me, he obviously thinks he's a good player who we'll be able to use.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum