Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

UPDATE - Lonergan in for next few games - Bogdan injured

+12
JonnyRandom
Sgt. Bash
wanderlust
karlypants
BoltonTillIDie
Soul Kitchen
WhiteBic
Bernard Dennis Park
aaron_bwfc
Natasha Whittam
Reebok Trotter
Triumph
16 posters

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Triumph

Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

For me he should be first choice, made some really good saves last night, he communicates well and his positioning seems perfect.

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

He hasn't put a foot wrong since he has been here. It is good that Boggers has competition for the No 1 spot.

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Lonergan proved last night what we already know - he is our best keeper.

He is safe, doesn't flap, and the defenders feel more confident because of it.

aaron_bwfc

aaron_bwfc

I would be happy for him to be given a go, in the games he started this season in the cup and last night he hasn't put a foot wrong.
He doesn't look as vunerlable as Bogdan.

Bernard Dennis Park

Bernard Dennis Park
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

I thought he played quite well last night.

A couple times I thought he'd been beat by looping headers though.

Deserves another game imo.

WhiteBic

WhiteBic
Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

Yes I would have to agree, give him another chance as he didnt put a foot wrong all game. Boggers is a good keeper but his confidence is low and performances are incosistent. Dropping him will not do his confidence any good but we are at the business end of the season and there isn't room for niceties.

Soul Kitchen

Soul Kitchen
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Yes.

BoltonTillIDie

BoltonTillIDie
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

All I hear are good things about him - put him in

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Absolutely!

Stick him in for the next game (Brighton), would love to see him play again after the result against the inbreds! Smile

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

WhiteBic wrote:Yes I would have to agree, give him another chance as he didnt put a foot wrong all game. Boggers is a good keeper but his confidence is low and performances are incosistent. Dropping him will not do his confidence any good but we are at the business end of the season and there isn't room for niceties.
I think this is a fair point. We don't see training and it's difficult to understand what Dougie is thinking apart from "Boggers is the best goalie in the division" - is that to boost his sagging confidence or does he believe it? Lonners is looking the better option IMO though.

Sgt. Bash

Sgt. Bash
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

What message would we be sending to Lonergan if we dropped him now?! Bogdan is number one no matter what? Lonergan would have no incentive to play well at all.

So for me, Lonergan should keep his place in the team for as long as he plays well, and Boggers should be of the mentality that when he next gets a chance, he needs to be on top of his game to keep his place.

JonnyRandom

JonnyRandom
Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

No brainer. Has to stay in the team seeing how well hes done everytime he plays. Wouldnt be fair on him if he gets dropped

gloswhite

gloswhite
Guðni Bergsson
Guðni Bergsson

happy for him to get another game, although I wonder if he would be as cool, calm, and collected, if he was playing a top-end team. Only one way to find out.

NickFazer

NickFazer
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

Lonergan should play on Saturday, if he's the keeper and the man Dougie says he is then he will redouble his effort to get back in the side.

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

From the official site about 30 mins ago -

Freedman: "Adam Bogdan will be out for around two to three weeks. He's got a slight groin strain."

Keegan

Keegan
Admin

Similar story to the Mears' blood infection, I think. They are being kept out of the side by players who are more capable than they are, at this time. Illness sounds better than saying: "I just found out that they are a bit shit!"

https://forum.boltonnuts.co.uk

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Talking of injuries, Afobe has done his ACL.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum