Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Bolton betting Odds

+9
aaron_bwfc
wanderlust
Angry Dad
chipbutty
Hipster_Nebula
Natasha Whittam
Reebok Trotter
Sluffy
Bolton Nuts
13 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

1Bolton betting Odds Empty Bolton betting Odds Sun Feb 03 2013, 19:49

Bolton Nuts

Admin

Just had a quick look at the odds for Bolton on promotion and relegation etc...

Relegation 33/1 on Paddy Power but most others are 16/1
We are eleventh favourites over all to go down.

Promotion 40/1 on Bet365 but only 25/1 on SkyBet

You can get 16/1 on us making it to the play off places and to finish somewhere in the top 12 4/13 (which seems like a crap deal to me).

Bolton to finish highest out of the four North West teams (Blackburn, Blackpool, Bolton, Burnley) is 11/4. We currently sit 9 points behind Burnley who are currently the highest. It's not that big of a gap really.

Something of potential note is that you can get 8/1 for betting that Wolves will finish highest out of the 3 relegated clubs from last season.

I just posted this because I thought it may be of interest to some of the folks here...

https://boltonnuts.forumotion.co.uk

2Bolton betting Odds Empty Re: Bolton betting Odds Sun Feb 03 2013, 20:14

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

Just had a look back at the last few seasons to see what the 6th place (last play off place) team finished with and there were four teams who got 74, one who got 74, one who got 73 and two that got 70.

If we say for argument sake that 74 points will be the total need this year.

We are currently on 29 games and 34 points - we therefore have 17 games left to get 40 points - an average of 2.35 points required a game.

That means we have to win a minimum of 12 of the remaining games and draw a further four - meaning we can only lose one more time this season, or alternatively win 13 games and draw one of the other four.

Obviously if it is 75 points or more required we then have to do even better in the games - ie win at least 12 and draw the rest!

Let's face it, it's not going to happen.

We are going to be here next season - so we might as well use the rest of this staying up and brining through players for next season’s campaign.

3Bolton betting Odds Empty Re: Bolton betting Odds Sun Feb 03 2013, 20:17

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Before the season started I predicted we would finish with 78 points for the season. It just shows how difficult the Championship really is. Based on current form I reckon we will finish with 56 points.

4Bolton betting Odds Empty Re: Bolton betting Odds Sun Feb 03 2013, 20:44

I predicted we would finish 9th at the start of the season, even that looks optimistic now.

5Bolton betting Odds Empty Re: Bolton betting Odds Sun Feb 03 2013, 20:54

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Reebok Trotter wrote:Before the season started I predicted we would finish with 78 points for the season. It just shows how difficult the Championship really is.

Some might say it shows how clueless you are Very Happy

6Bolton betting Odds Empty Re: Bolton betting Odds Sun Feb 03 2013, 21:35

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I honestly thought we'd finish mid table or slightly above like 10-16.

I did say we'd be the new Middlesbrough.

7Bolton betting Odds Empty Re: Bolton betting Odds Sun Feb 03 2013, 21:41

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Hipster_Nebula wrote:I honestly thought we'd finish mid table or slightly above like 10-16.

They're in the top 6 :facepalm:

8Bolton betting Odds Empty Re: Bolton betting Odds Sun Feb 03 2013, 21:43

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Natasha Whittam wrote:
Hipster_Nebula wrote:I honestly thought we'd finish mid table or slightly above like 10-16.

They're in the top 6 :facepalm:

I think that ones gone over your head.

9Bolton betting Odds Empty Re: Bolton betting Odds Sun Feb 03 2013, 21:44

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Unlikely.

10Bolton betting Odds Empty Re: Bolton betting Odds Sun Feb 03 2013, 21:44

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Natasha Whittam wrote:Unlikely.

true, but in this case....

11Bolton betting Odds Empty Re: Bolton betting Odds Sun Feb 03 2013, 21:57

chipbutty

chipbutty
Nicolas Anelka
Nicolas Anelka

Natasha Whittam wrote:
Reebok Trotter wrote:Before the season started I predicted we would finish with 78 points for the season. It just shows how difficult the Championship really is.

Some might say it shows how clueless you are Very Happy

RT, you predicted we would finish with 78 points.

Well I predicted that the average size of a back-door would remain the same providing that the wind direction remains constant and the Japanese navy stay outside our territorial waters.

If there was an announcement and an envelope opening ceremony sometime in the middle of May, I think 'And the winner is ...... '

12Bolton betting Odds Empty Re: Bolton betting Odds Sun Feb 03 2013, 22:31

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Of course my opinion is purely hypothetical. Having been a Wanderers supporter for many a year I have learned not to get my hopes up too high. The bookies had us as one of the favourites at the start of the season and I genuinely thought that our last ten years in the Premiership would stand us in good stead.

I am quite happy to admit that I got it wrong. It's a few years since we have been in the Championship and things have moved on. Reputations count for nothing as has been shown so far this season.

Nevertheless, I am happy to give Dougie the benefit of the doubt. What I think doesn't matter at all when it comes to our performance on the pitch.

You get good seasons and bad seasons. Over time you learn to take the rough with the smooth. After a bad spell, the good times are all the more sweeter.

Personally, I have written this season off as far as promotion is concerned, but I will look forward to next season with renewed vigour and hope in my heart.

After all, isn't that what being a football fan is all about?

13Bolton betting Odds Empty Re: Bolton betting Odds Mon Feb 04 2013, 00:04

Angry Dad

Angry Dad
Youri Djorkaeff
Youri Djorkaeff

I think the championship is weak and the right man would have pissed it.

14Bolton betting Odds Empty Re: Bolton betting Odds Mon Feb 04 2013, 11:07

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Angry Dad wrote:I think the championship is weak and the right man would have pissed it.

I think Barecelona would have pissed it, but not us. Look at the players we have left instead of focusing on the manager all the time. Silk purse, sow's ear job IMO.

15Bolton betting Odds Empty Re: Bolton betting Odds Mon Feb 04 2013, 11:23

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

A manager who can motivate players would have got us much nearer the top. All I've heard about Dougie is "judge him when he has his own players".

Sorry, but a manager should be able to motivate players regardless of who signed them. He clearly can't do this.

If Fat Sam was in charge we'd be up there with Cardiff most probably.

16Bolton betting Odds Empty Re: Bolton betting Odds Mon Feb 04 2013, 12:30

aaron_bwfc

aaron_bwfc

I'm willing to give DF time (this time next season) but he doesn't strike me as the type to motivate players when the times are hard, hence why results haven't changed and really we have gone even further back under him.

From the way he has been talking it sounds as though he is more than willing to drop a few points to get us playing in the right way.

17Bolton betting Odds Empty Re: Bolton betting Odds Mon Feb 04 2013, 12:31

observer

Andy Walker
Andy Walker

Natasha Whittam wrote:A manager who can motivate players would have got us much nearer the top. All I've heard about Dougie is "judge him when he has his own players".

Sorry, but a manager should be able to motivate players regardless of who signed them. He clearly can't do this.

Respectfully disagree. If BSA was here, Knight and Ream would be gone with the wind... Bogdan probably joining them... the defense would be sorted out and Cardiff would be looking up at us! Can't imagine BSA accepting the crap this team has put out over the past two and 1/2 seasons.

18Bolton betting Odds Empty Re: Bolton betting Odds Mon Feb 04 2013, 12:32

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I can't think of a more asinine discussion than "what would big sam do"

What would Pep do? What about Moyes.

19Bolton betting Odds Empty Re: Bolton betting Odds Mon Feb 04 2013, 12:50

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

observer wrote:
Natasha Whittam wrote:A manager who can motivate players would have got us much nearer the top. All I've heard about Dougie is "judge him when he has his own players".

Respectfully disagree. If BSA was here, Knight and Ream would be gone with the wind... Bogdan probably joining them... the defense would be sorted out and Cardiff would be looking up at us! Can't imagine BSA accepting the crap this team has put out over the past two and 1/2 seasons.

Doubt it. If BSA was here and had the january transfer budget DF had, he would have had a very public strop, resigned and pissed off to the first moneybags club that offered him a job, leaving us with the same players. He would then have nicked any remaining talent we were left with just to f*** us over again for the hell of it.

20Bolton betting Odds Empty Re: Bolton betting Odds Mon Feb 04 2013, 12:52

Considering you rate all of our players as 'utter shite overpaid ponces' I don't think waiting till he has his own players in the team is that unreasonable to be honest.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum