Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Kevin Davies says Bolton's current league position is frightening

+4
Hipster_Nebula
Natasha Whittam
wanderlust
BoltonTillIDie
8 posters

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

BoltonTillIDie

BoltonTillIDie
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Kevin Davies admits it's "scary" to look at Bolton's current position in the Championship.

Following Saturday's 2-1 defeat at Watford[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] the team have slipped to 20th position in the Championship, just two places and three points above the relegation zone, albeit with a game in hand over most of the sides below them.

Speaking on Goals on Sunday, club captain Davies[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]insists the spectre of relegation has not been discussed in the dressing room, but says the failure to get into the promotion picture after their demotion from the Premier League last season has alarmed him.

"It's difficult," he said. "We were expecting to be at the top end and it's been a difficult couple of years for us as a club.

"There's been a lot of changes. I didn't expect us to go down from the Premier League, I thought we'd be okay, and it's difficult to take.

"We've got a fantastic squad and we've missed key players - Stuart Holden, Lee Chung-Young and David Wheater[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]- but we hold no excuses. We've got a good enough squad and we shouldn't be where we are - but we are.

"It [relegation] has not been mentioned, but it's frightening to look after the result against Watford and see how close we are down there. It's quite scary.

"But we'll stick together, will keep working hard on the training ground and everything is in place; the squad, the manager and it's a fantastic club.

"We've just not managed to put anything together this year; no back-to-back wins and it's been very inconsistent really."

Style

Bolton threw away a one-goal lead against Watford and have only picked up two wins in their last nine Championship games.

But Davies insists the players are getting to grips with the new approach of Dougie Freedman, who replaced Owen Coyle in October, and he expects things to improve under the new manager.

"It's a different style of play for us, but we've got a fantastic squad," he said.

"It's a little bit different, but he's been there three months now and we all know what's required and we all know our roles as players.

"There's competition right throughout the squad for places, so there's no excuses. We're playing well, just not doing enough to win games, which is frustrating.

"Yesterday's game was typical of our season really. We dominated for large parts, but we let them back in with the goal we conceded.

"It's just been one of those seasons that's been really frustrating. When you get a positive result you think you're going to go on and have a fantastic run, but it's just not happened for us."

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Well spotted Kevin!

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Then do something about it you ponce. A goal or two perhaps?

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Stop disrespecting our captain FFS.

Your flip flop on Kevin Davies is actually disgusting.

::mad::

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Hipster_Nebula wrote:Stop disrespecting our captain FFS.

Is your real name Emma?

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Natasha Whittam wrote:
Hipster_Nebula wrote:Stop disrespecting our captain FFS.

Is your real name Emma?

Kevin Davies used to be your favourite player, what happened?

flip flop

::bellend::

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I have no idea what a flip flop is other than the sad beachwear chavs put on their big feet.

Kevin Davies was my favourite player before his wife removed his balls and put them on a chain around her neck.

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Just a note on popular culture: Flip flops are and will remain retro cool. It's when you start wearing Crocs that it's time to realise that you've given up on being presentable and have nothing left to live for.

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Flip Flops (the foot wear) are ridiculous.

a flip flop, is saying one thing and then saying the oposite later.

I.E a contradiction. fairly self explanatory.

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Hipster_Nebula wrote:Flip Flops (the foot wear) are ridiculous.

So I can't like a player and then change my mind?

Strange world you live in.

Bernard Dennis Park

Bernard Dennis Park
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

Natasha Whittam wrote:Strange world you live in.

Aberdeen.

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Natasha Whittam wrote:
Hipster_Nebula wrote:Flip Flops (the foot wear) are ridiculous.

no you just used to be particularly vocal in your support of him, so was surprised you changed your mind so easily.

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Natasha Whittam wrote:

There's a lot of changing minds about players on here. We're so uptight about every performance and our position in the league that whenever someone has a good game they are suddenly the Messiah and when they have a stinker everyone else is the Messiah. I guess it was bound to happen as very few players other than Ricketts have two solid games in a row.

Sgt. Bash

Sgt. Bash
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

The players need to realise that failure to win games gets you into a relegation battle, not a promotion battle. We've dropped far too many points from winning positions this season and unless that stops, we can be relegated. Although I think (hope) we will be okay.

Also, I'm fed up of hearing about our "fantastic squad". Obviously it's not fantastic as it's February and we're 3 points above the relegation zone to League 1.

Boggersbelief

Boggersbelief
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Something is fundamentally wrong with BWFC and no-one seems to have the answers.

I thought a change in manager would result in a change of fortunes, I was expecting results from the off (naively).

I am almost certain though, that dougie freedman will get us back on track. We won't go down, that's just ridiculous. It's mid-table and promotion next year, when our sqaud is rid of the utter shite that is left.

Soul Kitchen

Soul Kitchen
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Natasha Whittam wrote:I have no idea what a flip flop is other than the sad beachwear chavs put on their big feet.

Kevin Davies was my favourite player before his wife removed his balls and put them on a chain around her neck.

Do I suspect a hint of jealousy because you can't get your hands on the jewels? Sad Surprised

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum