Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Your Favourite Wanderers Game

+10
Culcheth_White
wanderlust
largehat
Sluffy
Reebok Trotter
xmiles
aaron_bwfc
doffcocker
Hipster_Nebula
Quent
14 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

1Your Favourite Wanderers Game Empty Your Favourite Wanderers Game Mon Feb 06, 2012 12:34 pm

Quent

Quent
Nicolas Anelka
Nicolas Anelka

Ok, it's a forum cliche thread but I don't see one on here yet, and I'm always interested in the differing opinions this sort of thread throws up.

I have loads of favourite games, and it's very difficult to top the 4-3 Play-Off win over Reading, that really was something to behold. But I have to say the 2-1 Hull City victory on a warm Friday night that took us to the brink of promotion back to the Championship is my stand-out. John McGinlay, what a fella!

2Your Favourite Wanderers Game Empty Re: Your Favourite Wanderers Game Mon Feb 06, 2012 12:37 pm

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

My personal one was the playoff first leg against ipswich 1999, Michael Johanson scored a screamer and the reebok was absolutely bouncing. Best atmosphere i've experienced there ever.

3Your Favourite Wanderers Game Empty Re: Your Favourite Wanderers Game Mon Feb 06, 2012 12:41 pm

doffcocker

doffcocker
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

4-3 at Blackburn.

They'd denied us a shedload of wins in the dying minutes of games around that time so it felt oh so sweet!

4Your Favourite Wanderers Game Empty Re: Your Favourite Wanderers Game Mon Feb 06, 2012 12:44 pm

aaron_bwfc

aaron_bwfc

The Blackburn game last season when Holden scored pretty much from kick off, the look on Big Sams face when we scored was priceless.

I must admit the Liverpool game a couple of weeks ago was a great game too.

5Your Favourite Wanderers Game Empty Re: Your Favourite Wanderers Game Mon Feb 06, 2012 12:57 pm

xmiles

xmiles
Jay Jay Okocha
Jay Jay Okocha

The 4-3 playoff victory. To be 2-0 down and have a penalty awarded against us so early in the game as well. And then to come back the way we did! Happy days.

6Your Favourite Wanderers Game Empty Re: Your Favourite Wanderers Game Mon Feb 06, 2012 1:15 pm

That match against Hull
The F.A cup wins against Liverpool,Everton and Arsenal.

7Your Favourite Wanderers Game Empty Re: Your Favourite Wanderers Game Mon Feb 06, 2012 1:17 pm

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

21st April 1979. Burnden Park Bolton 2 Ipswich 3

1 ) To be present on the day one of the best goals English football has ever seen was scored renders the result of the game that day irrelevant.

2 ) Millennium Stadium 2004 v Boro . Another loss but what a great atmosphere.

3) 4-3 play off win over Reading.

4) FA Cup Q/F v Brum 2011. Chungy with the match winning header.

8Your Favourite Wanderers Game Empty Re: Your Favourite Wanderers Game Mon Feb 06, 2012 1:29 pm

xmiles

xmiles
Jay Jay Okocha
Jay Jay Okocha

Reebok Trotter wrote:21st April 1979. Burnden Park Bolton 2 Ipswich 3

1 ) To be present on the day one of the best goals English football has ever seen was scored renders the result of the game that day irrelevant.

Favourite goal would be another thread. Frank's goal would be my choice too. What makes it even better is that earlier in the game he had been in an identical situation with his back to goal and he tried a more conventional approach unsuccessfully, so he knew exactly what he was doing.

9Your Favourite Wanderers Game Empty Re: Your Favourite Wanderers Game Mon Feb 06, 2012 6:44 pm

Gane that always springs to my mind is Boltons win over villa at home in the carling cup semi final when Okocha scored that screamer free-kick

10Your Favourite Wanderers Game Empty Re: Your Favourite Wanderers Game Mon Feb 06, 2012 6:51 pm

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

The Reading game for me.

It was the occasion, the fight back and the pure emotion of being back in the top league again.

One game that hasn't been mentioned yet was Bobic's hat trick against the Tractor Boys!

11Your Favourite Wanderers Game Empty Re: Your Favourite Wanderers Game Mon Feb 06, 2012 8:10 pm

xmiles

xmiles
Jay Jay Okocha
Jay Jay Okocha

Sluffy wrote:One game that hasn't been mentioned yet was Bobic's hat trick against the Tractor Boys!

A great game that saved us from relegation and sent Ipswich down. Another stroke of BSA genius.

12Your Favourite Wanderers Game Empty Re: Your Favourite Wanderers Game Mon Feb 06, 2012 9:26 pm

having only been a fan for less than 12 months there haven't exactly been a lot of great days for bwfc. i did enjoy the 3-2 fa cup win at birmingham, my first ever away game.

13Your Favourite Wanderers Game Empty Re: Your Favourite Wanderers Game Mon Feb 06, 2012 10:02 pm

largehat

largehat
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

2-0 at Anfield in 1993, 3-1(AET) at Highbury in 1994, 4-3 v Reading in play-off final. I suspect these are the Wanderers memories I will think about in my old age, if I get there and if we never win a cup.

While we're a mediocre PL club we will never win a play-off final or perform a giant killing again.

14Your Favourite Wanderers Game Empty Re: Your Favourite Wanderers Game Mon Feb 06, 2012 11:19 pm

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

1958/9 season - my first full season as a fan although I'd been to a few games in the season before with my dad but wasn't allowed to go to Wembley as he worked on Saturdays (gutted!)

Bolton 6 Chelsea 0.

I actually believed we were the best team in the world. We finished 4th that year I think.

15Your Favourite Wanderers Game Empty Re: Your Favourite Wanderers Game Tue Feb 07, 2012 12:27 am

Beating Spurs 6-1 when we were in the Championship in the league cup.

The semi final second leg against Swindon.

Any game against Wolves that John Mcginlay played in.

16Your Favourite Wanderers Game Empty Re: Your Favourite Wanderers Game Tue Feb 07, 2012 6:24 pm

Culcheth_White

Culcheth_White
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

I was fortunate enough to be at that game against Ipswich when Frankie scored, I was sat in the Manchester road stand with my Dad.

I also have great memories when we beat Liverpool 2-0 at Anfield, when Super John and Andy Walker scored, I think it was an FA cup game and we must have took around 8 to 10K fans.

17Your Favourite Wanderers Game Empty Re: Your Favourite Wanderers Game Tue Feb 07, 2012 6:37 pm

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

Doing the double over United and winning promotion away at Blackburn are other favourite games for me.

I'm surprised no one as said any of the European trips yet!

18Your Favourite Wanderers Game Empty Re: Your Favourite Wanderers Game Tue Feb 07, 2012 7:08 pm

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I didn't go to the 2-2 draw away against Bayern Munich but I bet that had some atmosphere.

19Your Favourite Wanderers Game Empty Re: Your Favourite Wanderers Game Tue Feb 07, 2012 8:15 pm

Michael Bolton

Michael Bolton
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

I don't expect many people will remember my favourite Bolton game but it is my favourite as it was such a fantastic day - Sheffield Utd 1-2 Bolton back in January 1999. I was at university in Huddersfield at the time and went to the game with my 3 good mates. It was a cracking atmosphere in the away end and Dean Holdsworth scored 2 second half goals for us to win after being a goal behind.

After the game we went around the pubs in Sheffield all evening, which was a lot of fun. At about 10pm we realised the last train back home was at about that time so we sprinted to the train station only to find out we had missed the last train by about 15 minutes. We went to a nightclub (The Leadmill) only to be chucked out at about 1am. We went to an Indian for an hour or so and after that had to wait outside the train station all night until the 10am train home. It was just such a great day looking back, all starting from watching Bolton win.

Anyone remember that game?

20Your Favourite Wanderers Game Empty Re: Your Favourite Wanderers Game Tue Feb 07, 2012 8:25 pm

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Not really! You gonna stick around this forum mich? Hope so.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum