Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

New boy Medo must play Reebok waiting game

+11
Sluffy
Bolton Nuts
wanderlust
Boggersbelief
observer
Natasha Whittam
Hipster_Nebula
gloswhite
karlypants
Reebok_Rebel
Jamster26
15 posters

Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 3]

Jamster26

Jamster26
Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

DOUGIE Freedman is intent on rotating his squad to get the most from his personnel but is resisting the temptation to throw January signing Medo Kamara in at the deep end.

The highly-rated Sierra Leone midfielder, signed from Partisan, is as keen to make his mark at the Reebok as the fans are to see him in a white shirt, but he is having to play the waiting game .

The [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] boss said: “Young Medo is still working away at his fitness and is looking good but I just don’t think the timing is right for him yet.

“I don’t like bringing players into the club and throwing them right into the starting line-up because it stinks a bit of panicking. It’s a very thorough plan with him like we have done with Craig Davies. He has had to get up to speed on how we want things to be done and to understand the surroundings.

“It’s the same with Medo; we have been working hard with him because he hasn’t played for a couple of months and has been through a mini pre-season.

“His fitness is not quite where we want it to be but he is working hard in [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] and is in the squad to get experience of how we do things.

“It is about getting the timing right like it has been with Craig who has now trained for six weeks and he knows what we are about now.

Change takes time and it’s unrealistic to expect immediate results.

“It’s up to me to make sure the environment is here to move forward.

“Slowly but surely we will get a team the fans will be proud of.”

Credit: BEN

Reebok_Rebel

Reebok_Rebel
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Dickhead.

Could be the man to make our season.

Played 90 mins for the reserves last week, so what the fuck? If he can play 90mins in the reserves he can play 90mins in the first team.

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I agree, getting fed up with this fitness bullshit now...

Dougie might as well come out and say it that he's bought players for next season in the Championship ffs!

Dreaful management, why is he not play him when he isn't fully fit?

What an outrage, Freedman out.

Reebok_Rebel

Reebok_Rebel
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

bwfc1874 wrote:Dreaful management, why is he not play him when he isn't fully fit?

with respect - hes obviously fit.

gloswhite

gloswhite
Guðni Bergsson
Guðni Bergsson

Probably doesn't want to drop the present incumbent too quick, in case he gets demoralised, and won't perform when he's called up later.

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Reebok_Rebel wrote:
bwfc1874 wrote:Dreaful management, why is he not play him when he isn't fully fit?

Can you let us in on some insider knowledge, considering you obviously attend all training sessions.

scratch

Reebok_Rebel wrote:

What have you based this on then?

Reebok_Rebel

Reebok_Rebel
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

bwfc1874 wrote:
Reebok_Rebel wrote:

What have you based this on then?

The fact he played a full 90 mins for the reserves last week, and played a blinder apparently...

But correct, Freedman must be right - hes so unfit he makes Rick Waller look like a marathon runner...

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I've said it before, I don't understand how a professional footballer can be so unfit. Even in the Summer when they're not training footballers keep fit.

It smacks of bullshit to me. There's every chance Dougie has fucked up and signed Ali Dia.

Reebok_Rebel wrote:
The fact he played a full 90 mins for the reserves last week, and played a blinder apparently...

But correct, Freedman must be right - hes so unfit he makes Rick Waller look like a marathon runner...

You may be right, but no offence I'd trust the professionals opinion over yours.

People moaned about C Davies not being fit for a while, now he has 2 in 2 and has hit the ground running. Had he come in before and been half fit his performances would have suffered and we'd have you and Natasha branding him utter shit.

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

bwfc1874 wrote:

People moaned about C Davies not being fit for a while, now he has 2 in 2 and has hit the ground running. Had he come in before and been half fit his performances would have suffered and we'd have you and Natasha branding him utter shit.

So you accept Craig Davies should start tonight?

observer

Andy Walker
Andy Walker

Natasha Whittam wrote:
bwfc1874 wrote:

I would fancy our chances with the u18's at this point. They are fit as a fiddle.

Natasha Whittam wrote:
bwfc1874 wrote:

Yes I've said that on other threads, I think he probably will.

As I mentioned in the K Davies thread considering Dougie's impetus on fitness I very much doubt he ever intended to start K Davies on both Saturday and tonight.

Boggersbelief

Boggersbelief
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Have to admit even im getting frustrated with this, he's obviously fit enough to play around 20 minutes from the bench, and I expect him to play tonight otherwise why the fuck didn't he play for the reserves.

Jamster26

Jamster26
Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

Yeah, I do think he'll get some game time tonight. Last 5-10 minutes perhaps.

He'll play tonight if we need him to. If we're doing our usual and chasing a goal for the last 20 then it probably makes more sense to put more attacking players on.

Boggersbelief

Boggersbelief
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

There's also a rumour that Holden will start.

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Boggersbelief wrote:There's also a rumour that Holden will start.

Where are these rumours coming from? Your imagination?

Boggersbelief

Boggersbelief
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Natasha Whittam wrote:Where are these rumours coming from? Your imagination?

I think it's time for you to move on, no-one likes a bully.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 3]

Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum