Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Best game ever played at the Reebok?

+9
terenceanne
Norpig
Hipster_Nebula
Keegan
Natasha Whittam
scottjames30
boltonbonce
bryan458
Bwfc1958
13 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

1Best game ever played at the Reebok? Empty Best game ever played at the Reebok? Mon Oct 27 2014, 17:13

Bwfc1958

Bwfc1958
Tinned Toms - You know it makes sense!

We're now into our 18th season at the Reebok/Macron stadium. Many games have taken place since that 0-0 against Everton. So many that it is hard to recall them all. But which is your favourite?  I remember a 3-3 draw against Derby county. We found ourselves 3-1 down and battled back for a draw inspired by a certain Per Frandsen and it was Jamie Pollock who bagged the equaliser. A 3-0 win against wolves in the playoffs was a cracking game with an electric atmosphere the likes of which you just don't get anymore. Take a trip down memory lane I would love to hear your thoughts on the subject.

bryan458

bryan458
Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

5-2 Vs Villa, what a game!!!!

This one lives large in the memory and I can't believe it was 13 years ago.......

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

The 3-1 win against Arsenal was a favourite of mine.
Anelka's screamer will live long in the memory.
I'll tell you what,we could play a bit! Very Happy

scottjames30

scottjames30
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

boltonbonce wrote:
Anelka's screamer will live long in the memory.
What a strike.

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

The 2-2 against Leicester when we only had 9 men wasn't the best game, but certainly one of the most enjoyable.

scottjames30

scottjames30
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

When we drew with Man City 3-3, everyone thought Klasnic won it for us only for Tevez to get one late on.

Keegan

Keegan
Admin

I doubt anyone will agree with me, but the 2-1 win over Blackburn with Stu Holden scoring the winner has been the game I most enjoyed. Have that, Big Sam!

https://forum.boltonnuts.co.uk

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

My favourite game I was actually at was the game against West Ham where Jay Jay scored this one.

scottjames30

scottjames30
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Keegan wrote:I doubt anyone will agree with me, but the 2-1 win over Blackburn with Stu Holden scoring the winner has been the game I most enjoyed. Have that, Big Sam!
That was a great game with 10 men.

He got sacked after that game.

Keegan

Keegan
Admin

I forgot to add... Thanks, Owen! Very Happy

https://forum.boltonnuts.co.uk

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Breadman wrote:This one lives large in the memory and I can't believe it was 13 years ago.......

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
 remember it well, Savage really was a prick that day, neither were sendings off!

scottjames30

scottjames30
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

What about when we beat Madrid or drew with Marseille, great atmosphere.

terenceanne

terenceanne
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

Spurs 4-2 I think is was.... 3 or 4 years ago.  That one comes to mind.

Bwfc1958

Bwfc1958

This is why I started this thread. I'd forgot about some of these games. All good memories. Out of interest does anyone remember a game against villa, 0-0 I think it was, where Andy Todd and Stan collymore got sent off for one of the most entertaining fights since the 70's in front of the East stand? If any of the punches had actually connected im sure one of them would have been knocked out. Anyone else I speak to can't seem to remember it. I'm beginning o think it was some kind of strange dream I had.

Oh no, mate,.........it definitely happened:

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Bwfc1958

Bwfc1958

Haha yes I knew it. Don't suppose you can find a video of it breaders? I've tried but can't find one

Sorry, bud, I've looked in the past but can't find any video footage.

Sluffy's your best bet for stuff like that - if anyone knows where it is, he's your man.

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

18 years since we left Burnden? Wow.

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Not sure about the best game, but one of the most unusual was when we played in the UEFA at home against Braga or Red Star - can't remember which - but it was raining heavily and there was standing water on the pitch - the match shouldn't really have gone ahead, conditions were that bad. Ideal for water polo but as far as footie was concerned, it was a farce.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum