Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Bolton's Jason Kenny wins World Title!

4 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

I know cycling is of only minimal interest on here but fair play to Kenny for winning a World Title on the track - in an event called the Keirin.

Basically six riders follow a scooter around the track as it builds up speed until a couple of laps to go when it pulls off and leaves the cyclists to basically have a flying start in a two lap sprint.

If you can spare a minute the link below shows you the final two laps - watch out for Kenny wearing the red helmet.

Well done Jason - perhaps we will get another painted post-box again!

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/cycling/21555251

Bernard Dennis Park

Bernard Dennis Park
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

I remember watching this event in the Olympics.

What's the point of just doing laps behind the scooter until the last two laps?

Well done Kenny though. Bolton fan isn't he?

Soul Kitchen

Soul Kitchen
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

The coverage has been crap on tv. It's a tremendous sport to watch on the track, I follow it closely and wish I was 30 years younger, I'd have done my best to be 'amongst' it with the opportunities today, it wouldn't be for the want of trying.
There's a new batch of kids coming through now and they are bred to be winners because they've trained with winners. Jason and his girlfriend are the 'wrinklies' in the team and they've both won gold with more for the taking tomorrow.

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

In cycling it is a big disadvantage leading a race believe it or not.

The lead cyclist basically 'punches' a hole in the air with his body and bike, which the rest of the cyclists slipstream into.

It's been measured as taking something like 30% more energy to 'punch' the hole than it does to ride in the gap behind it – that’s why if you see any cycle race people generally share out the lead until it comes to a race for the line.

The scooter thingy is there to punch the hole - so that all the 6 riders are slipstreamed - and pulls away to allow basically a flying start to a two lap race.

Don't know if Kenny is a Wanderers fan - if he's not, he should be - Farnworth lad, attended Mount St Joseph’s - it should be in his DNA like the rest of us!

Soul Kitchen

Soul Kitchen
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

BDP the scooter is the pace setter. They didn't use to have it and it created a free for all, now the use of the Durney(real name) has created some discipline.

Soul Kitchen

Soul Kitchen
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

I'll ask my mate next time I see him if he's a white, his lad went to school with him.

aaron_bwfc

aaron_bwfc

Well done to the lad, seems a decent chap too.

Going off topic a bit but how come BWFC never brought Kenny to the reebok when he won his gold medals after the Olympics?

Other football teams did with olypians who won medals to show appreciation but we never did for some reason.

Bernard Dennis Park

Bernard Dennis Park
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

I'm not 100% sure but I think we did didn't we?

aaron_bwfc

aaron_bwfc

Bernard Dennis Park wrote:I'm not 100% sure but I think we did didn't we?

Really? - If we did and he turned it down then fair enough but I can't remember hearing about it.

Bernard Dennis Park

Bernard Dennis Park
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

I can remember clapping some people with medals.

Anyone with a better memory than me remember who it was?

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

General Schwarzkopf?

Bernard Dennis Park

Bernard Dennis Park
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

It could've been him now you mention it.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum