Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Mavies to have Knee Scan

+10
Leeds_Trotter
wanderlust
Jamster26
LeedsWanderer
JonnyRandom
chris_bwfc
Triumph
Angry Dad
Boggersbelief
Sluffy
14 posters

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Mavies to have Knee Scan Empty Mavies to have Knee Scan Wed Feb 27 2013, 00:08

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

MARK Davies will be sent for scans on a knee injury that forced him out of the 1-0 victory over Peterborough United at the Reebok.

The midfielder – who today signed a two-year extension to his contract to keep him at Wanderers until 2017 – hobbled off midway through the first half after turning awkwardly while chasing down Peterborough defender Danny Swanson.

He did walk off the field, and returned briefly to play the next two minutes, before finally succumbing to the injury.

Dougie Freedman confirmed that the 25-year-old will be sent to hospital tomorrow (Wednesday) for tests to assess the extent of the problem.

Davies has only recently returned from three months on the sidelines after shoulder surgery on ligament damage picked up in a game against Huddersfield Town in December.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

2Mavies to have Knee Scan Empty Re: Mavies to have Knee Scan Wed Feb 27 2013, 00:38

Boggersbelief

Boggersbelief
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Injury prone.

3Mavies to have Knee Scan Empty Re: Mavies to have Knee Scan Wed Feb 27 2013, 01:04

Angry Dad

Angry Dad
Youri Djorkaeff
Youri Djorkaeff

Weed.

4Mavies to have Knee Scan Empty Re: Mavies to have Knee Scan Wed Feb 27 2013, 07:24

Triumph

Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

Real shame, fingers crossed he will be OK, we need him!

5Mavies to have Knee Scan Empty Re: Mavies to have Knee Scan Wed Feb 27 2013, 07:50

chris_bwfc

chris_bwfc
Nicky Hunt
Nicky Hunt

At least he's extended with us until 2017! Very Happy

6Mavies to have Knee Scan Empty Re: Mavies to have Knee Scan Wed Feb 27 2013, 07:59

JonnyRandom

JonnyRandom
Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

bloody hope its not serious. He was walking and running slightly before he went off so hopefully not too bad. We missed him last night after he went off.

7Mavies to have Knee Scan Empty Re: Mavies to have Knee Scan Wed Feb 27 2013, 08:11

chris_bwfc

chris_bwfc
Nicky Hunt
Nicky Hunt

Hate to doubt but when wheater did his ligaments he came back on until half time running and turning Sad

8Mavies to have Knee Scan Empty Re: Mavies to have Knee Scan Wed Feb 27 2013, 08:37

LeedsWanderer

David Lee
David Lee

Dont think we are half as good with Mavies not in the team and it showed us lastnight, Hes the one who runs at defenders and always on edge of the box to fire home. Such as shame 3 wins in 5 and 2 draws and then he gets injured, Without him I really cant see us doing so well.

9Mavies to have Knee Scan Empty Re: Mavies to have Knee Scan Wed Feb 27 2013, 08:55

Jamster26

Jamster26
Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

He's a decent player but irreplaceable? No. We just have to adapt our team shape, and bring Holden or Kamara into the mix.

10Mavies to have Knee Scan Empty Re: Mavies to have Knee Scan Wed Feb 27 2013, 09:07

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Worried about Holden too. Not back to where he was yet. We need Medo to step up soon, before Dougie entertains thoughts of bringing Andrews back.

11Mavies to have Knee Scan Empty Re: Mavies to have Knee Scan Wed Feb 27 2013, 10:34

Leeds_Trotter

El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

It's quite clear that Mavies is the spark in our team, without him we looked dull, and didn't really run at em. Hope he gets back soon.

12Mavies to have Knee Scan Empty Re: Mavies to have Knee Scan Wed Feb 27 2013, 10:56

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I thought Medo did okay for the brief period when he came on against Hull. He will be getting fitter by the day.

13Mavies to have Knee Scan Empty Re: Mavies to have Knee Scan Wed Feb 27 2013, 11:03

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

What do these players do in training? You'd have to take a sledgehammer to my body to injure me and all I do is train at the gym for 75 minutes every day. Surely paid professionals should be fitter and stronger than me?

Ponces.

14Mavies to have Knee Scan Empty Re: Mavies to have Knee Scan Wed Feb 27 2013, 11:06

Leeds_Trotter

El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

Natasha Whittam wrote:You'd have to take a sledgehammer to my body to injure me

Don't tempt me.

15Mavies to have Knee Scan Empty Re: Mavies to have Knee Scan Wed Feb 27 2013, 11:09

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Leeds_Trotter wrote:
Natasha Whittam wrote:You'd have to take a sledgehammer to my body to injure me

Don't tempt me.

Very Happy Another quality riposte!

16Mavies to have Knee Scan Empty Re: Mavies to have Knee Scan Wed Feb 27 2013, 11:18

terenceanne

terenceanne
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

Mavies doing well in the last couple of games but earlier in the season he vanished from games as he often does. Having said that he is our most skilled midfielder so good to have him as an option.

17Mavies to have Knee Scan Empty Re: Mavies to have Knee Scan Wed Feb 27 2013, 11:20

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Let's not get too despondent. Eagles could make a decent return and play a blinder.

18Mavies to have Knee Scan Empty Re: Mavies to have Knee Scan Wed Feb 27 2013, 12:10

aaron_bwfc

aaron_bwfc

Mavies was non existant against Forest, seems to get the best out of him in home games than away games.
I see Eagles wasn't even on the bench last night, maybe something that Eagles story earlier in the week.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum