Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Have we seen the worst of Craig Davies?

+5
wanderlust
Triumph
Boggersbelief
Keegan
doffcocker
9 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

doffcocker

doffcocker
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Signing up Kevin Davies for another year was "one of the few decent things Coyle did" at the start of the season after he scored a few goals. Now that they've dried up, "Kev's best days are definitely behind him" again.
Ngog has been completely written off then written back on at various points, and Sordell has attracted critics after a couple of quiet games despite the hype from his cup goals.

Fans have a new favourite striker all the time, and the current saviour is Craig Davies, but will it last? He has run his socks off so far and shown great ability, but what happens when he has a few quiet games? Barnsley fans generally weren't upset to see him leave, which is inconsistent with what we've seen so far.

Keegan

Keegan
Admin

Enjoy the honeymoon, I say.

https://forum.boltonnuts.co.uk

Boggersbelief

Boggersbelief
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I think Craig Davies will score quite frequently for us, aslong as he does that he'll be safe.

Triumph

Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

We relied on Kev for far to long and it backfired on us in the end.Craig Davies and N'gog are our best option although they are of a similar style, There's something about Sordell that makes me think all is still not well but if we can keep Mark Davies fit or get Stu Holden back to his best then they could work great together.

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

We're not expecting Ronaldo for £300k but as we now have several strikers with different styles and strengths it gives the manager options for a particular games or if it's not going well. Cavies will be in the mix, but he's no Messiah.

Tigermin

Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

Triumph wrote:We relied on Kev for far to long and it backfired on us in the end.Craig Davies and N'gog are our best option although they are of a similar style, There's something about Sordell that makes me think all is still not well but if we can keep Mark Davies fit or get Stu Holden back to his best then they could work great together.

C Davies and Ngog have to be given an extended run together to build the understanding needed at this and any level. Sordell although he has shown flashes of potential it is painfully obvious that he doesnt want to be here and this is reflected on his lethargy when he loses the ball or is in the vicinity to make challenges to win the ball back. Its a shame but he needs to move on for the benefit of the club and ultimately himself. SKD coming on again as a supposed alternative to freshen things up and bully defences late on proved once again very flawed,his time must surely have come to take a back seat amongst the coaching staff,his less than rapturous welcome when he did come on shows that the faithfull are at last realising the same.

Jamster26

Jamster26
Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

If we don't get promoted this season, I think Craig will be our main striker next season. He's been abit hit and miss so far, but he hasn't started much and he generally makes a decent impact from the bench.

His all round play is great. He's strong, he can hold the ball up, he's quick, he can finish and he's just a natural striker. Barnsley fans were just being football fans when their best player leaves. (Meh, he wasn't that good anyway, he scored all of our goals but he was still inconsistant and wont be missed).

I think with a few more 90 minute games, we will see the best of him. No doubt about that. It was hard against Derby, he had no support all game and was chasing lost causes. Put him in a team that is creating chances and he will score the goals.

JohannesburgWanderer

Mario Jardel
Mario Jardel

If Kevin Davies retires, N'Gog leaves maybe next season will see Eaves and Craig Davies together?

Bernard Dennis Park

Bernard Dennis Park
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

Tigermin wrote:his less than rapturous welcome when he did come on shows that the faithfull are at last realising the same.

Did you go to the game? He was given a massive cheer when he came on. Carry on making stuff up if you want though.

Tigermin

Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

Bernard Dennis Park wrote:
Tigermin wrote:his less than rapturous welcome when he did come on shows that the faithfull are at last realising the same.

Did you go to the game? He was given a massive cheer when he came on. Carry on making stuff up if you want though.

You obviously didnt , welcome was definately more subdued than in recent appearances,his run along the line wasnt greeted by the normal songs and clapping he is used too ! The guy is a legend but I was trying to point out his time has come ?

Bernard Dennis Park

Bernard Dennis Park
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

You obviously didn't. He was given a massive cheer when he came on.

I'm not saying he played well when he came on because he didn't.

But you're just making stuff up.

Tigermin

Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

Bernard Dennis Park wrote:You obviously didn't. He was given a massive cheer when he came on.

I'm not saying he played well when he came on because he didn't.

But you're just making stuff up.

I see what I see end of.

Bernard Dennis Park

Bernard Dennis Park
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

You talk shit. Carry on though.

Tigermin

Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

Bernard Dennis Park wrote:You talk shit. Carry on though.

You would know fuckwit !

Bernard Dennis Park

Bernard Dennis Park
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

Laughing

Tigermin

Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Bernard Dennis Park wrote:Laughing

Boggersbelief

Boggersbelief
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Bernard Dennis Park wrote:You talk shit. Carry on though.

You talk the most shit on here.

Bernard Dennis Park

Bernard Dennis Park
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

You're only saying that because I don't like you.

You wish you could talk as much shit as me.

You fucking wannabe.

Boggersbelief

Boggersbelief
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I'll run you out of town.

doffcocker

doffcocker
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

JohannesburgWanderer wrote:If Kevin Davies retires, N'Gog leaves maybe next season will see Eaves and Craig Davies together?

I think Kevin will be offered a new contract at the end of the season.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum