Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Could You Vote UKIP?

+15
Lofty_Love
scottjames30
Spirit of 58
NickFazer
Leeds_Trotter
Lyric Todkill
Hipster_Nebula
gloswhite
Mr Magoo
BoltonTillIDie
Bernard Dennis Park
Triumph
Sluffy
summercummings
Natasha Whittam
19 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Go down  Message [Page 4 of 4]

61Could You Vote UKIP? - Page 4 Empty Re: Could You Vote UKIP? Sun Mar 03 2013, 22:27

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Hipster_Nebula wrote:

How would you react if China (for eg) just came and bombed us to shit and killed 40 million people because they liked our strawberries.

lol!

62Could You Vote UKIP? - Page 4 Empty Re: Could You Vote UKIP? Sun Mar 03 2013, 22:28

Lofty_Love

Lofty_Love
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

Leeds_Trotter wrote:

Yes because it's only our country that has been hit by a recession.

We have been hit worse than a lot have, and certainly worse than a country of our economic capability should have.

But im guessing you just believed Gordon Brown because he had a totally natural smiley face :good:

63Could You Vote UKIP? - Page 4 Empty Re: Could You Vote UKIP? Sun Mar 03 2013, 22:44

Leeds_Trotter

El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

Lofty_Love wrote:
Leeds_Trotter wrote:

Yes because it's only our country that has been hit by a recession.

We have been hit worse than a lot have, and certainly worse than a country of our economic capability should have.

But im guessing you just believed Gordon Brown because he had a totally natural smiley face Could You Vote UKIP? - Page 4 3630314092

We had no choice with Brown, the position was handed to him, he wasn't elected by us.

In addition to that, people go on about the number of lives lost, you can't blame the government for that, our troops should beable to decipher who is a civilian and who isn't. When a country goes to war, it isn't the government on the front line doing the shooting or the bombing, it is the army generals giving out the orders.

64Could You Vote UKIP? - Page 4 Empty Re: Could You Vote UKIP? Sun Mar 03 2013, 22:49

Bernard Dennis Park

Bernard Dennis Park
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

Definitely a wum.

65Could You Vote UKIP? - Page 4 Empty Re: Could You Vote UKIP? Sun Mar 03 2013, 22:49

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

I'd just like to stand up for Leeds a little bit here.

I don't agree with his reasoning about Iraq but we invaded that country in 2003 when Leeds would have been about 12 years old nor his understanding of the downturn in the global economy which started in 2008, when he would have been about 17 years old.

He's not got the same view point and grasp of events as most of us who lived through those times at a much older age.

Please try and bear that in mind when responding to his points - thanks.

66Could You Vote UKIP? - Page 4 Empty Re: Could You Vote UKIP? Sun Mar 03 2013, 23:03

Sluffy wrote:I'd just like to stand up for Leeds a little bit here.

I don't agree with his reasoning about Iraq but we invaded that country in 2003 when Leeds would have been about 12 years old nor his understanding of the downturn in the global economy which started in 2008, when he would have been about 17 years old.

He's not got the same view point and grasp of events as most of us who lived through those times at a much older age.

Please try and bear that in mind when responding to his points - thanks.

Im the exact same age as him, its not an excuse.

67Could You Vote UKIP? - Page 4 Empty Re: Could You Vote UKIP? Sun Mar 03 2013, 23:14

gloswhite

gloswhite
Guðni Bergsson
Guðni Bergsson

LT, you are wrong on so many points. No disrespect mate, but you need to either speak to lots more people, or go to the library, because your views seem to be so cockeyed. Just this one comment makes me cringe:

In addition to that, people go on about the number of lives lost, you can't blame the government for that, our troops should be able to decipher who is a civilian and who isn't. When a country goes to war, it isn't the government on the front line doing the shooting or the bombing, it is the army generals giving out the orders. Its because they can't tell who is who, that they are being killed, as they have to treat everyone the same ! Could you tell if someone was a terrorist walking down the Manny road ? No other bugger can. Also, who do you think commits the armed forces to a war ?

If Blair was such a good leader, why was he chased away from his autobiography book-signings, which then had to be cancelled because of the public anger towards him, (this was the first time he had surfaced since handing over to Brown) ?

68Could You Vote UKIP? - Page 4 Empty Re: Could You Vote UKIP? Sun Mar 03 2013, 23:30

bwfc71

bwfc71
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

To go back to the original question I would have to say NO - I would never vote for UKIP.

History has a sense of repeating itself and even in this case it is - different country but same background and problems. In more recent history, i.e 1920's and 1930's Germany they were having exact same problems as we are having now. One man created a political party and stated the rhetoric that people wanted to hear and people voted for.

UKIP are doing the exact same thing in modern-day UK. They have lynched on to what the people supposedly do not like (all because they have read "fear" stories in some of the popular press - which are normally 1% fact and 99% conjecture!!!) and are stating the right things that the people wnat to hear. The majority of the UKIP fans do not actually know what they stand for or even know what their manifesto properly consists of - apart from get out of EU and close the borders to immigrants - but at what cost and what new rules and regulations - once one reads their manifesto it is actually quite scary and, as one other poster has stated, very right winged in its views - albeit not as right-winged as BNP but definitely more so that The Conservatives. One has to wonder how they would implement their manifesto and at what cost as it would cost a hell a lot fo money, time and more importantly jobs at what they want to do and create!!!

Also more importantly they DO NOT HAVE any MP's in westminster - and yet they want to be seen as the new 3rd Party and want to be involved in the 2015 election TV Prime-ministerial debates - why should they. In fact, scary as the thought is, the BNP has more of a point of being involved in the debates due to them having MP's in Westminster.

Also, another folly that most people have not picked up on. The elected members, they do have, are members of the European Parliament (such as Paul Nuttal -who has some very crazy and stupid views on the economy, both locally and nationally), and yet the root of the Party is to pull out of the EU!!! This would mean their elected members actually losing their jobs, but not just them but every other MEP and their staff and other associates - so actually would incrase the number of jobless people, and no direct interest in UK's biggest retail partner!!!

So a vote for UKIP = making some of their elected personel unemployed. Do you honestly think that the UKIP would actually want to give up their rights in Brussels and miss out of some of the gravy train - I don't think so!!!

Therefore the moral of the story is, don't just listen to their rhetoric, but look deeply at what they mean and what they stand for before casting avote for them - and the same can be said for all political parties.

There is not 1 party I would actually vote for - each party may have something, in their manifesto, I agree with but cannot vote for due to the fact that majority of each manifesto I don't believe in or believe them! Why should I vote for 1 party just because I agree with a couple parts of their manifesto but not with the majority of it?

69Could You Vote UKIP? - Page 4 Empty Re: Could You Vote UKIP? Mon Mar 04 2013, 10:40

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Sluffy wrote:Yes, why not?

• They have no policies on the vast majority of important issues
  • They are dependent on voters not understanding anything about global economics
  • They appeal to xenophobics whose only experience of other cultures is a holiday in Benidorm and a stroll to the corner shop
  • They are willing to sacrifice our export market
  • They would rather run away from Europe than influence it
  • They intentionally oversimplify the Europe issue so that Europe can be blamed for our own national failure to address the concerns that affect ordinary people
  • They contradict themselves all the time.
That said I think that all the closet fascists should consider voting for UKIP, if only to split the right wing vote.

70Could You Vote UKIP? - Page 4 Empty Re: Could You Vote UKIP? Mon Mar 04 2013, 10:51

Lyric Todkill

Lyric Todkill
Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

wanderlust wrote:

• They are dependent on voters not understanding anything about global economics
  • They appeal to xenophobics whose only experience of other cultures is a holiday in Benidorm and a stroll to the corner shop
  • They intentionally oversimplify the Europe issue so that Europe can be blamed for our own national failure to address the concerns that affect ordinary people
That said I think that all the closet fascists should consider voting for UKIP, if only to split the right wing vote.

You've been brainwashed by the BBC, mate

71Could You Vote UKIP? - Page 4 Empty Re: Could You Vote UKIP? Mon Mar 04 2013, 11:14

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

rammywhite wrote:Yes I could and would vote UKIP- they are the only ones who will stand up for this small island with it's diminishing resources. At some stage we've got to pull up the drawbridge and say enough.

Our economy is now service based -and that can move anywhere in the world. When oil runs out we've not much left -and we'll go into an economic downward spiral. The Tories are flailing about at anything they think will get votes (e.g -the Bac in education,gay marriage etc.)

The threat of Labour- the Milliballs frightens the life out of me. I have a few bob stashed away from savings (on already taxed income) and that shower will want that off me to pay for their parasitic voters.

I couldn't vote Lib Dem as they'd show their collective arse on the town hall steps for a fiver.

That leaves UKIP- who might just put up a fight for the home grown Brits

This post best sums it up for me. We are only a small island with limited land space. Mass immigration drastically alters the staus quo. UKIP don't have all that many policies but some of them do make sense. I can see them picking up more and more disgruntled voters as time goes by.

72Could You Vote UKIP? - Page 4 Empty Re: Could You Vote UKIP? Mon Mar 04 2013, 11:15

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

wanderlust wrote:That said I think that all the closet fascists should consider voting for UKIP, if only to split the right wing vote.

:facepalm:

I thought better of you.

73Could You Vote UKIP? - Page 4 Empty Re: Could You Vote UKIP? Mon Mar 04 2013, 11:41

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Lyric Todkill wrote:
wanderlust wrote:

You've been brainwashed by the BBC, mate
I think that the fact that BH is considering it sums up exactly who has been brainwashed.

74Could You Vote UKIP? - Page 4 Empty Re: Could You Vote UKIP? Mon Mar 04 2013, 19:56

KENNSTER97 wrote:I'm not old enough to vote

Time to come clean. I am 42 years old and have voted Labour all my life. If there was an election today I may be tempted to vote conservative as I approve of gay marriage.

75Could You Vote UKIP? - Page 4 Empty Re: Could You Vote UKIP? Mon Mar 04 2013, 20:01

Bernard Dennis Park

Bernard Dennis Park
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

Why have you been pretending to be a 15 year old then?

Bit strange don't you think Ken?

76Could You Vote UKIP? - Page 4 Empty Re: Could You Vote UKIP? Mon Mar 04 2013, 20:02

Just a bit of a laugh really. Let's move on.

77Could You Vote UKIP? - Page 4 Empty Re: Could You Vote UKIP? Mon Mar 04 2013, 20:03

Bernard Dennis Park

Bernard Dennis Park
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

I think Sluffy was right about you.

78Could You Vote UKIP? - Page 4 Empty Re: Could You Vote UKIP? Mon Mar 04 2013, 20:03

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I don't understand why people can't just be themselves.

79Could You Vote UKIP? - Page 4 Empty Re: Could You Vote UKIP? Mon Mar 04 2013, 20:04

Bernard Dennis Park

Bernard Dennis Park
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

Laughing

80Could You Vote UKIP? - Page 4 Empty Re: Could You Vote UKIP? Mon Mar 04 2013, 20:21

Lyric Todkill

Lyric Todkill
Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

Natasha Whittam wrote:I don't understand why people can't just be themselves.

It might help

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 4 of 4]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum