Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Underrated musician's

+10
Soul Kitchen
xmiles
Lyric Todkill
Reebok Trotter
NickFazer
Banks of the Croal
Sluffy
scottjames30
Bernard Dennis Park
Angry Dad
14 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 3]

21Underrated musician's - Page 2 Empty Re: Underrated musician's Mon Mar 11 2013, 15:09

Soul Kitchen

Soul Kitchen
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Sandy Denny was an amazing singer, and has the unlikely tag of being the only other musician to appear on any of the LZ studio albums.

22Underrated musician's - Page 2 Empty Re: Underrated musician's Mon Mar 11 2013, 19:46

NickFazer

NickFazer
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

Bernard Dennis Park wrote:Made me laugh that he lives in a pokey little appartment because it's near to his favourite bar.

Actually its probably shit like that that makes him so cool. He doesn't give a rats arse what anyone else thinks.

23Underrated musician's - Page 2 Empty Re: Underrated musician's Mon Mar 11 2013, 20:09

Bernard Dennis Park

Bernard Dennis Park
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

I agree. He does what he wants when he wants and couldn't care less what anyone thinks. I found the story about him wearing a tiny pair of denim shorts everyday quite funny too.

24Underrated musician's - Page 2 Empty Re: Underrated musician's Tue Mar 12 2013, 09:54

Soul Kitchen

Soul Kitchen
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Rory Gallagher RIP

25Underrated musician's - Page 2 Empty Re: Underrated musician's Tue Mar 12 2013, 10:08

Triumph

Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

Title of this thread is underated musicians so why are we getting names like Johnny Cash and Peter Gabriel The Kinks etc, how are the underated? these are giants of the music scene.

26Underrated musician's - Page 2 Empty Re: Underrated musician's Tue Mar 12 2013, 10:16

Richard Ashcroft, Pete Doherty, Damon Albarn

*waits for someone to point out this is the under rated and not the over rated thread*

27Underrated musician's - Page 2 Empty Re: Underrated musician's Tue Mar 12 2013, 11:14

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Triumph wrote:Title of this thread is underated musicians so why are we getting names like Johnny Cash and Peter Gabriel The Kinks etc, how are the underated? these are giants of the music scene.

That's exactly what I thought!

28Underrated musician's - Page 2 Empty Re: Underrated musician's Tue Mar 12 2013, 12:22

Angry Dad

Angry Dad
Youri Djorkaeff
Youri Djorkaeff

Reebok Trotter wrote:
Triumph wrote:Title of this thread is underated musicians so why are we getting names like Johnny Cash and Peter Gabriel The Kinks etc, how are the underated? these are giants of the music scene.

When have you heard anyone mention peter gabriel on here RT? no one ever mentions him.

29Underrated musician's - Page 2 Empty Re: Underrated musician's Tue Mar 12 2013, 12:50

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Arthur Lee was overrated IMO. Saw Love twice and they had one decent album on which only 2 tracks were decent, yet he was alledgedly the mutz nutz.
Most musicians have there day but I guess the ones that don't get public acclaim in their lifetime qualify. Nick Drake I liked at the time, but only became famous when he died although he did appear on a sampler with some big names (think it was the Island label's Nice Enough to Eat album with Tull, Free, Traffic and Crimson)
If you like that kind of folksie rock or whatever you want to describe it is, John Martyn wrote some crackers, although his mumbling used to get on my tits.
Most underrated rock band was Iron Maiden who used to play gigs around Bolton (BIT, Moss Bank Park etc) - good live show. The excellent guitarist died in the mid 70s and then a different Iron Maiden from Sheffield nicked the name and the rest is history.

30Underrated musician's - Page 2 Empty Re: Underrated musician's Tue Mar 12 2013, 12:56

Reebok_Rebel

Reebok_Rebel
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Chico was underrated.

As where the fast-food-rockers and Aqua.

31Underrated musician's - Page 2 Empty Re: Underrated musician's Tue Mar 12 2013, 12:56

Soul Kitchen

Soul Kitchen
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

wanderlust wrote:Arthur Lee was overrated IMO. Saw Love twice and they had one decent album on which only 2 tracks were decent, yet he was alledgedly the mutz nutz.
Most musicians have there day but I guess the ones that don't get public acclaim in their lifetime qualify. Nick Drake I liked at the time, but only became famous when he died although he did appear on a sampler with some big names (think it was the Island label's Nice Enough to Eat album with Tull, Free, Traffic and Crimson)
If you like that kind of folksie rock or whatever you want to describe it is, John Martyn wrote some crackers, although his mumbling used to get on my tits.
Most underrated rock band was Iron Maiden who used to play gigs around Bolton (BIT, Moss Bank Park etc) - good live show. The excellent guitarist died in the mid 70s and then a different Iron Maiden from Sheffield nicked the name and the rest is history.
Seen the original Iron Maiden many times and one song they did I've never seen covered since, Willie The Pimp.

32Underrated musician's - Page 2 Empty Re: Underrated musician's Tue Mar 12 2013, 12:58

Soul Kitchen

Soul Kitchen
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Reebok_Rebel wrote:Chico was underrated.

As where the fast-food-rockers and Aqua.
Very Happy

33Underrated musician's - Page 2 Empty Re: Underrated musician's Tue Mar 12 2013, 14:22

xmiles

xmiles
Jay Jay Okocha
Jay Jay Okocha

wanderlust wrote:Arthur Lee was overrated IMO. Saw Love twice and they had one decent album on which only 2 tracks were decent, yet he was alledgedly the mutz nutz.

For me Forever Changes is one of my all time favourite albums. I'm curious which two tracks you liked but if I had to guess I would imagine it's the first two: Alone Again Or and A House Is Not A Motel.

34Underrated musician's - Page 2 Empty Re: Underrated musician's Tue Mar 12 2013, 14:24

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Soul Kitchen wrote:
Seen the original Iron Maiden many times and one song they did I've never seen covered since, Willie The Pimp.
They did a good version of Cherry Red. Bet I know you from the old days. Are you "Sag" of BIT fame?

35Underrated musician's - Page 2 Empty Re: Underrated musician's Tue Mar 12 2013, 19:11

Triumph

Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

Angry Dad wrote:
Reebok Trotter wrote:

When have you heard anyone mention peter gabriel on here RT? no one ever mentions him.
post 19

36Underrated musician's - Page 2 Empty Re: Underrated musician's Tue Mar 12 2013, 19:19

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I liked Genesis when Gabriel was the lead singer and also when he went solo. Some of the names mentioned on here are just posted to wind people up.

37Underrated musician's - Page 2 Empty Re: Underrated musician's Tue Mar 12 2013, 21:27

Soul Kitchen

Soul Kitchen
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

wanderlust wrote:
Soul Kitchen wrote:
They did a good version of Cherry Red. Bet I know you from the old days. Are you "Sag" of BIT fame?
No, but I went on a lot of the Satdy night sessions and saw some half decent bands, Hawkwind ftg. the aforementioned Lemmy being one and another being Wishbone Ash.
I vaguely remember sag, one guy I knocked about with was last seen up Quebec Street about 35 yrs ago!

38Underrated musician's - Page 2 Empty Re: Underrated musician's Tue Mar 12 2013, 21:28

Soul Kitchen

Soul Kitchen
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

I saw Genesis with Gabriel a few times in the seventies.

39Underrated musician's - Page 2 Empty Re: Underrated musician's Tue Mar 12 2013, 21:36

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I thought Gabriel did okay when he went solo. Two of his finest solo songs.

https://youtu.be/MgM-1r0X5Zc

https://youtu.be/I-9NEFalsjE

40Underrated musician's - Page 2 Empty Re: Underrated musician's Tue Mar 12 2013, 22:10

Angry Dad

Angry Dad
Youri Djorkaeff
Youri Djorkaeff

Reebok Trotter wrote:I thought Gabriel did okay when he went solo. Two of his finest solo songs.

https://youtu.be/MgM-1r0X5Zc

https://youtu.be/I-9NEFalsjE
You managed to pick two i dont like!!! two of my favorites are INTRUDER off the melt album with collins awesome power drumming and MERCY STREET .

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 3]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum