Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Where are they now? - Phil Brown

+5
Hip Priest
Hipster_Nebula
MartinBWFC
scottjames30
Sluffy
9 posters

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Where are they now? - Phil Brown Empty Where are they now? - Phil Brown Sun Mar 24 2013, 18:00

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

Next manager of Southend apparently -

League Two Southend United have parted company with manager Paul Sturrock.

In a statement on the club's website, chairman Ron Martin said results had not been good enough and the club would name Sturrock's replacement on Monday.

BBC Essex understands Phil Brown is favourite to replace the 56-year-old, who had been in charge since July 2010.

However, Martin confirmed that Sturrock would lead the team out at Wembley when they play Crewe in the Johnstone's Paint Trophy final on 7 April.

"I have suggested to Paul he leads the team out and manages them at Wembley. He has earned that privilege and agreed," he said.

The Shrimpers reached the League Two play-offs last season and are currently ninth in the table, but they are six points behind Rotherham in seventh place.

...He added that a new manager was being brought in to "ensure the club's interests are protected and advanced both now and from the first day of next season".

Brown, 53, has been out of football since being sacked by Preston in December 2011, having previously led Hull City to the Premier League in 2008.

He was interviewed by Coventry City before the job was given to Mark Robins earlier this season and was also close to being appointed as first-team coach by Hartlepool United last November before talks with the board broke down.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Last edited by Sluffy on Sun Mar 24 2013, 18:04; edited 1 time in total

2Where are they now? - Phil Brown Empty Re: Where are they now? - Phil Brown Sun Mar 24 2013, 18:02

scottjames30

scottjames30
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Are there any sunbeds in southend ?

3Where are they now? - Phil Brown Empty Re: Where are they now? - Phil Brown Sun Mar 24 2013, 18:21

MartinBWFC

MartinBWFC
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

scottjames30 wrote:Are there any sunbeds in southend ?
On the beach I reckon.

4Where are they now? - Phil Brown Empty Re: Where are they now? - Phil Brown Sun Mar 24 2013, 18:32

scottjames30

scottjames30
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

MartinBWFC wrote:
scottjames30 wrote:Are there any sunbeds in southend ?
On the beach I reckon.

Is there any sun in Southend though ?

He need to keep his tan in order.

5Where are they now? - Phil Brown Empty Re: Where are they now? - Phil Brown Sun Mar 24 2013, 18:50

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Even that is above him IMO.

6Where are they now? - Phil Brown Empty Re: Where are they now? - Phil Brown Sun Mar 24 2013, 18:52

scottjames30

scottjames30
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Hipster_Nebula wrote:Even that is above him IMO.

Get off the fucking phone.Very Happy

7Where are they now? - Phil Brown Empty Re: Where are they now? - Phil Brown Sun Mar 24 2013, 20:05

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

scottjames30 wrote:

Just to stop you asking.

8Where are they now? - Phil Brown Empty Re: Where are they now? - Phil Brown Sun Mar 24 2013, 20:18

scottjames30

scottjames30
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Hipster_Nebula wrote:
scottjames30 wrote:

Just to stop you asking.

cheers I fucking love you my son.

9Where are they now? - Phil Brown Empty Re: Where are they now? - Phil Brown Sun Mar 24 2013, 23:28

Hip Priest

Hip Priest
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

If Sunbed goes to Southend the Ladbokes bookies on Chorley Old Rd will go out of business rapid style.

10Where are they now? - Phil Brown Empty Re: Where are they now? - Phil Brown Mon Mar 25 2013, 02:47

doffcocker

doffcocker
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

For all intents and purposes, I think Phil Brown is a nice bloke. I wish him well.

11Where are they now? - Phil Brown Empty Re: Where are they now? - Phil Brown Mon Mar 25 2013, 13:05

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

always liked Browny, he and Philliskirk came to see me in Hospital many years ago and we had a good chat.

12Where are they now? - Phil Brown Empty Re: Where are they now? - Phil Brown Mon Mar 25 2013, 13:24

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Norpig wrote:always liked Browny, he and Philliskirk came to see me in Hospital many years ago.

Was that because they put you there?

13Where are they now? - Phil Brown Empty Re: Where are they now? - Phil Brown Mon Mar 25 2013, 13:40

aaron_bwfc

aaron_bwfc

Phil Brown meets the Southend players:-

Phil Brown is expected to be named as Southend manager on Monday, 24 hours after Paul Sturrock's departure.

Chairman Ron Martin says a new boss will be in place by the end of Monday as he attempts to salvage the club's League Two play-off hopes.

And Brown - out of work since leaving Preston in December 2011 - met the Southend players at the club's training ground on Monday morning.

If the 53-year-old's appointment is confirmed his first game will be Friday's trip to Bradford.

Southend go to Valley Parade with six points to make up on seventh-placed Rotherham in their remaining seven games.

A Wembley date with Crewe in the Johnstone's Paint Trophy final is scheduled for 7 April, when Martin hopes Sturrock will return to lead out the team.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

14Where are they now? - Phil Brown Empty Re: Where are they now? - Phil Brown Mon Mar 25 2013, 13:44

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Natasha Whittam wrote:
Norpig wrote:always liked Browny, he and Philliskirk came to see me in Hospital many years ago.

Was that because they put you there?

No they were friendly fellas and very down to earth, not like footballers these days. I was only 18 and was a bit star struck at the time but they were great and took the time to have a chat.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum