Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Who's going to lead us now?

+12
JakeSnake
terenceanne
Culcheth_White
Sgt. Bash
Tigermin
Hipster_Nebula
wanderlust
Lofty_Love
BoltonTillIDie
scottjames30
Bernard Dennis Park
Boggersbelief
16 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

1Who's going to lead us now? Empty Who's going to lead us now? Wed Mar 27 2013, 21:11

Boggersbelief

Boggersbelief
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

With the surprising news that the skipper is off at the end of the season dougie now needs to think carefully about who he will appoint the next captain of bwfc.

I can only really remember him handing it to zat knight when KD hasn't started the game but I hope to god knight follows Davies out the door!

Who do we think will recieve the armband and who would we like? I'm hedging my bets on kamara.

2Who's going to lead us now? Empty Re: Who's going to lead us now? Wed Mar 27 2013, 21:12

Bernard Dennis Park

Bernard Dennis Park
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

Holden if he's with us and match fit next season.

3Who's going to lead us now? Empty Re: Who's going to lead us now? Wed Mar 27 2013, 21:17

scottjames30

scottjames30
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Knight.

4Who's going to lead us now? Empty Re: Who's going to lead us now? Wed Mar 27 2013, 21:27

BoltonTillIDie

BoltonTillIDie
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

M Davies

5Who's going to lead us now? Empty Re: Who's going to lead us now? Wed Mar 27 2013, 21:31

Lofty_Love

Lofty_Love
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

If Knight was named the official captain next season I think id continually vomit for 3 weeks.

6Who's going to lead us now? Empty Re: Who's going to lead us now? Wed Mar 27 2013, 21:31

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Things are a bit up in the air at the moment. We don't know which division we'll be in or which players we'll have next year. Not a decision I'd be rushing into - but unless SKD ships out tomorrow it's not a decision that needs to be made until the summer, which is perhaps as well.

7Who's going to lead us now? Empty Re: Who's going to lead us now? Wed Mar 27 2013, 21:54

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Others will know better than me but you need someone who's respected in the dressing room and leads by example on the pitch.

maybe Zat is respected in that way but he definitely doesn't lead on the pitch.

Holden did always look like a future captain when he was playing but who knows how things will be going forward.

8Who's going to lead us now? Empty Re: Who's going to lead us now? Wed Mar 27 2013, 22:17

Tigermin

Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

If we could keep Dawson then no contest,otherwise ??

9Who's going to lead us now? Empty Re: Who's going to lead us now? Wed Mar 27 2013, 22:20

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

The club rate Mavies and want to keep him so maybe this is a way to entice him if we're not promoted as is likely ATM. If the club do succession planning I'd guess Mavies looks most like the protege.

10Who's going to lead us now? Empty Re: Who's going to lead us now? Wed Mar 27 2013, 22:20

Sgt. Bash

Sgt. Bash
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

It'll be Zat Knight.

11Who's going to lead us now? Empty Re: Who's going to lead us now? Wed Mar 27 2013, 22:40

Culcheth_White

Culcheth_White
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

Bernard Dennis Park wrote:Holden if he's with us and match fit next season.
I reckon Holden will be released at the end of the season.

I think Wheater will probably be captain.

12Who's going to lead us now? Empty Re: Who's going to lead us now? Thu Mar 28 2013, 10:20

terenceanne

terenceanne
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

If I were betting money I would say Zat.
I don't think it makes much of a diference in reality. It's mostly an honary thing. I don't think we have a fireball on the team currently. Bring back Reo .....he had fire in his belly for it.

13Who's going to lead us now? Empty Re: Who's going to lead us now? Thu Mar 28 2013, 10:21

JakeSnake

David Lee
David Lee

Zat Knight is next in line after making the most appearances

14Who's going to lead us now? Empty Re: Who's going to lead us now? Thu Mar 28 2013, 10:57

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Holden would have been the obvious choice, but it looks like he's already played his last game for us.

It's vital we sign a captain in the Summer, we have lacked leadership on the pitch for a long time now.

15Who's going to lead us now? Empty Re: Who's going to lead us now? Thu Mar 28 2013, 11:01

scottjames30

scottjames30
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

terenceanne wrote:If I were betting money I would say Zat.
I don't think it makes much of a diference in reality. It's mostly an honary thing. I don't think we have a fireball on the team currently. Bring back Reo .....he had fire in his belly for it.

No, it was all pretend.

He was a toothless wanker, he got us relegated.

We would of stayed up if he didn't come to Bolton .

All he did was slag the players off to the b.e.n.

16Who's going to lead us now? Empty Re: Who's going to lead us now? Thu Mar 28 2013, 13:04

SKDArmy

SKDArmy
Nicky Hunt
Nicky Hunt

Culcheth_White wrote:
Bernard Dennis Park wrote:Holden if he's with us and match fit next season.
I reckon Holden will be released at the end of the season.

I think Wheater will probably be captain.

Bolton News- STUART Holden is poised to join Sheffield Wednesday on a short-term loan.

The US international midfielder's appearances have been restricted since his return from long-term injury, with just one Championship game under his belt in the last two-and-a-half months.

Holden came off the bench against Peterborough United in February but has since been an unused substitute.

It is understood that the move will not hinder his contract talks with Wanderers and that Dougie Freedman does see him in his future first team plans.

17Who's going to lead us now? Empty Re: Who's going to lead us now? Thu Mar 28 2013, 13:12

Bernard Dennis Park

Bernard Dennis Park
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

Hopefully he does well and earns himself a new contract with us.

18Who's going to lead us now? Empty Re: Who's going to lead us now? Thu Mar 28 2013, 13:40

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

Hello and welcome SKD Army.

Hope you don't mind but I've started a new thread with your news about Holden as it may perhaps have got overlooked by some on this one.

Looking forward to you bringing us more news and views about the club.

Do you think SKD will be off on loan somewhere this afternoon?

19Who's going to lead us now? Empty Re: Who's going to lead us now? Thu Mar 28 2013, 13:54

SKDArmy

SKDArmy
Nicky Hunt
Nicky Hunt

I'd hope he would stay and fight for a place until the end of the season and maybe even lead us out at wembley and back to the prem. That would be a better send off than a testimonial!

20Who's going to lead us now? Empty Re: Who's going to lead us now? Thu Mar 28 2013, 14:00

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

SKDArmy wrote:I'd hope he would stay and fight for a place until the end of the season and maybe even lead us out at wembley and back to the prem. That would be a better send off than a testimonial!

I think someone spiked your lunchtime coffee.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum