Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Championship Team of The Year

+6
Copper Dragon
Michael Bolton
doffcocker
Boggersbelief
Hipster_Nebula
JakeSnake
10 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

1Championship Team of The Year Empty Championship Team of The Year Sun Apr 28 2013, 22:15

JakeSnake

David Lee
David Lee

Kasper Schmeichel
Kieran Trippier, Wes Morgan, Mark Hudson, Wayne Bridge
Wilfried Zaha, Tom Ince, Peter Whittingham,Yannick Bolasie
Glenn Murray, Matej Vydra

No Bolton players. Don't really agree with some of the choices. If Trippier and Ince were doing such a good job why are they're teams so low down the table?

2Championship Team of The Year Empty Re: Championship Team of The Year Sun Apr 28 2013, 22:53

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I haven't seen enough to judge but has Zaha really been that good?

Stats suggest he hasn't.

3Championship Team of The Year Empty Re: Championship Team of The Year Sun Apr 28 2013, 22:56

Boggersbelief

Boggersbelief
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Hipster_Nebula wrote:I haven't seen enough to judge but has Zaha really been that good?

Stats suggest he hasn't.

Another overrated tosspot.

4Championship Team of The Year Empty Re: Championship Team of The Year Sun Apr 28 2013, 22:57

JakeSnake

David Lee
David Lee

The Burnden Aces website compared him to Eagles and overall Zaha had six goals and eight assists and Eagles had 11 goals and 12 assists all comps. He was named player of the year aswell. Undeserved

5Championship Team of The Year Empty Re: Championship Team of The Year Sun Apr 28 2013, 22:58

doffcocker

doffcocker
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Hipster_Nebula wrote:I haven't seen enough to judge but has Zaha really been that good?

Stats suggest he hasn't.

I think you want him to be shit. It suits your theory that English players are consistently overhyped.

6Championship Team of The Year Empty Re: Championship Team of The Year Sun Apr 28 2013, 23:00

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Which is yet to be disproved.

But we'll see next season, if he turns out to be world class I'll be the first to say, love watching good players.

7Championship Team of The Year Empty Re: Championship Team of The Year Sun Apr 28 2013, 23:01

Boggersbelief

Boggersbelief
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

doffcocker wrote:

Stats suggest he hasn't.

I think you want him to be shit. It suits your theory that English players are consistently overhyped.

They are.

8Championship Team of The Year Empty Re: Championship Team of The Year Sun Apr 28 2013, 23:01

Michael Bolton

Michael Bolton
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

Wes Morgan? But he's shit. I can't really argue with the midfield and attack. Murray and Vydra have scored loads. Tom Ince is a top prospect as is Zaha. Whittingham is a class player at this level, can't say I know much about that other midfielder, I think he is from Palace.
To be fair, we have had no decent players this season. It would have been a big surprise if we had anyone in the team of the year.

9Championship Team of The Year Empty Re: Championship Team of The Year Sun Apr 28 2013, 23:01

Copper Dragon

Copper Dragon
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

JakeSnake wrote: If Trippier and Ince were doing such a good job why are they're teams so low down the table?

You are joking with that bit, aren't you?

:facepalm:

10Championship Team of The Year Empty Re: Championship Team of The Year Sun Apr 28 2013, 23:04

Lofty_Love

Lofty_Love
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

Copper Dragon wrote:
JakeSnake wrote: If Trippier and Ince were doing such a good job why are they're teams so low down the table?

Sadly I think he's not.

Ince and Zaha a class players, either could walk in to our team to be honest.

11Championship Team of The Year Empty Re: Championship Team of The Year Sun Apr 28 2013, 23:07

Boggersbelief

Boggersbelief
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

He's right about tripper, Sam ricketts is much better.

12Championship Team of The Year Empty Re: Championship Team of The Year Sun Apr 28 2013, 23:08

Copper Dragon

Copper Dragon
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

And Trippier Lofty.

13Championship Team of The Year Empty Re: Championship Team of The Year Sun Apr 28 2013, 23:09

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Noone looked good for Cardiff when he came on at the weekend.

POTY for me after that.

14Championship Team of The Year Empty Re: Championship Team of The Year Sun Apr 28 2013, 23:11

Copper Dragon

Copper Dragon
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Boggersbelief wrote:He's right about tripper, Sam ricketts is much better.

One less than Eagles and he's an attacking player........

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

15Championship Team of The Year Empty Re: Championship Team of The Year Sun Apr 28 2013, 23:12

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

Lofty_Love wrote:
Copper Dragon wrote:

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Sadly I think he's not

Give him a chance chaps - he's only 14.

Jake, football's a team game - if you put Messi in the Bolton Team as it is now, we aren't going to finish in the top ten next season if we made it to the Premier League.

That's why Tripper and Ince can be (and are) very good players but the teams they play in are low down in the Championship.

16Championship Team of The Year Empty Re: Championship Team of The Year Sun Apr 28 2013, 23:13

aaron_bwfc

aaron_bwfc

I think your being unfair on Zaha, he will turn out to be a very good player IMO and whenever I have seen him he looks a quality player.

17Championship Team of The Year Empty Re: Championship Team of The Year Sun Apr 28 2013, 23:14

Boggersbelief

Boggersbelief
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Copper Dragon wrote:

Irrelevant. His job is too defend and he does it poorly

18Championship Team of The Year Empty Re: Championship Team of The Year Sun Apr 28 2013, 23:17

Copper Dragon

Copper Dragon
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

'Give him a chance chaps - he's only 14.'

And we knew that did we Sluffy? I wasn't at the birth.

'Jake, football's a team game - if you put Messi in the Bolton Team as it is now, we aren't going to finish in the top ten next season if we made it to the Premier League.'

Yes just as Sluffy has said and I apologise for being flippant Jake.

19Championship Team of The Year Empty Re: Championship Team of The Year Sun Apr 28 2013, 23:17

Lofty_Love

Lofty_Love
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

aaron_bwfc wrote:I think your being unfair on Zaha, he will turn out to be a very good player IMO and whenever I have seen him he looks a quality player.

I agree he's a fantastic player. Everyone was slagging off coyle for not stumping up the (huge) money for him and now he's suddenly 'overrated'

20Championship Team of The Year Empty Re: Championship Team of The Year Sun Apr 28 2013, 23:18

Copper Dragon

Copper Dragon
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Boggersbelief wrote:
Copper Dragon wrote:

Irrelevant. His job is too defend and he does it poorly

What you know about Trippier's defending could be put on the back of a stamp.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum