Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Final day of the Regular Season

+10
SKDArmy
Reebok_Rebel
WhiteBic
scottjames30
wanderlust
Natasha Whittam
Triumph
Boggersbelief
MartinBWFC
observer
14 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 2]

21Final day of the Regular Season - Page 2 Empty Re: Final day of the Regular Season Wed May 01 2013, 22:38

scottjames30

scottjames30
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Natasha Whittam wrote:I run this site, everyone knows that.

The mods fear me.

I think they fancy you.

22Final day of the Regular Season - Page 2 Empty Re: Final day of the Regular Season Thu May 02 2013, 08:48

Dinae Moe Humm

Nicky Hunt
Nicky Hunt

I'd much rather play Hull in the semi-finals. I'd rather play a better team in a final at a neutral venue than play them over two legs.

23Final day of the Regular Season - Page 2 Empty Re: Final day of the Regular Season Thu May 02 2013, 14:41

Sgt. Bash

Sgt. Bash
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

Dinae Moe Humm wrote:I'd much rather play Hull in the semi-finals. I'd rather play a better team in a final at a neutral venue than play them over two legs.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

24Final day of the Regular Season - Page 2 Empty Re: Final day of the Regular Season Thu May 02 2013, 23:28

Michael Bolton

Michael Bolton
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

Natasha Whittam wrote:There's nothing worse than losing a play-off final at Wembley.

Best to get Watford/Brighton out of the way in a semi-final and go to Wembley confident.

Which would you say is worse - losing the play off final (i.e. Watford 1999) or going down on the last day of the season (i.e. 1998 when Everton stayed up instead)?

25Final day of the Regular Season - Page 2 Empty Re: Final day of the Regular Season Fri May 03 2013, 07:02

JohannesburgWanderer

Mario Jardel
Mario Jardel

1998 was worse due to the disallowed goal Gerry Taggart scored at home against Everton which was a yard over the line, how important that wrong decision proved!!! Mind you the Watford defeat was a bad day, I didn't even enjoy my crappy London bitter before the game never mind after it!!!

26Final day of the Regular Season - Page 2 Empty Re: Final day of the Regular Season Fri May 03 2013, 09:27

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Relegation at Stoke last season was bad for me because there was a sense of resignation about it. At half time there was plenty of "we are staying up" bravado, but we all felt that we hadn't done enough in the previous games to deserve to stay in the prem. When Walters scored that dodgy goal the lads had a go TBF. Sordell finally got a brief appearance and Ream nearly won it with a header for us, but overall our relegation didn't come as a surprise and there wasn't even that sense of grave injustice we felt in '98.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 2]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum