Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Neil Warnock named Leeds United manager

+3
aaron_bwfc
xmiles
Sluffy
7 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

Neil Warnock has been appointed manager of Leeds United on a deal running until the end of 2012-13.

Leeds have been without a manager since Simon Grayson was sacked on 1 February after three years in charge.

Warnock, 63, was dismissed as manager of Queens Park Rangers in January after a run of eight Premier League games without a win.

He spent 20 months at Loftus Road and led Rangers to promotion from the Championship last season.

Warnock, one of only 19 bosses to have taken charge of 1,000 domestic matches in England, began his managerial career at Gainsborough Trinity before leading Scarborough to the Football League and winning successive promotions with Notts County.

Promotions with Huddersfield and Plymouth were followed by spells in charge of Oldham and Bury, with Warnock taking control at hometown club Sheffield United in December 1999.

He led the Blades to semi-finals in the both the FA and League Cups and, after a play-off final defeat, promotion to the Premier League in 2006.

Warnock then took charge of Crystal Palace before moving to QPR.

Former youth team boss Neil Redfearn has been in temporary control of first-team affairs at Elland Road.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/17084388

xmiles

xmiles
Jay Jay Okocha
Jay Jay Okocha

Interesting choice, I thought he might have gone to Huddersfield.

aaron_bwfc

aaron_bwfc

I hope he does well there to be honest, a good manager in that league.

Surprised it hasn't gone to Lee Clark though, still think it was strange to see him leave Huddersfield.

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

5000th post. What is my prize?

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Christ, they couldn't have got anyone worse, I've got a soft spot for Leeds, I feel sorry for them tbh.

Natasha Whittam wrote:5000th post. What is my prize?

A weekend in Bognor Regis with sluffy. We can only stretch to a single room with a single bed though.

Enjoy.

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

Wow a weekend away with Natasha - lucky me!

Seriously, thank you and well done to everybody who as contributed to this forum so far - we've only been going for less than two months and our posting statistics are already better than most of the smaller BWFC forums out there - including Bolton Banter which as been going for years.

Considering that Burnden Aces, The Wanderer and Wanderers Ways have ALL gone the way to suppress our very existence to their membership by means of censoring any mention of our name, and other more dirty tricks - then we've done wonderfully well to get to 5,000 posts so fast!

If you like it here with us then spread the word - the more of us there are the merrier it will be!

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I don't believe it's got more posts than BB I make every post on there so I'm able to count.

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

Hipster_Nebula wrote:I don't believe it's got more posts than BB I make every post on there so I'm able to count.

Nuts was started on the 28th December and as an average of 95.89 posts per day.

I can assure you that even with your invaluable contribution to bb that they have not made as many posts as us over that period of time.

aaron_bwfc

aaron_bwfc

Wow, 5,000 already? Sweet! Very Happy

gloswhite

gloswhite
Guðni Bergsson
Guðni Bergsson

I thought you had made all 5000 yourself Natasha, what with you always wanting to have the last word on things Very Happy Even so, youre my heroine for the week.

gloswhite

gloswhite
Guðni Bergsson
Guðni Bergsson

Neil Warnock as manager, Hhmm. Lets be honest and say that even when he had all that money behind him, he still couldn't do it. However, I think he will do well for Leeds, because of his experience gained in just about all the leagues.

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I would like to know how much money Mr Bates is going to make available for Mr Warnock. Leeds are not exactly flush with cash.

Warnock has had to take a pay cut to take up the post so it will be interesting to see if they vcan make the play-offs.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum