Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Will we get any money for fabrice muamba

+3
wanderlust
Hipster_Nebula
Born to be a wanderer
7 posters

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Born to be a wanderer

Nicolas Anelka
Nicolas Anelka

I know it's ages since he retired but we insure the players ,the same as they insure themselves.Im sure i heard he was valued at £5.2 million so anyone know the score on that one as £5 million would come in handy.After all players are a teams commodities.We paid big money for him so would we get an insurance payout or have we had it?? :dontgetit:

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

disrespectful.

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Valid question. I would be surprised if the club didn't insure it's assets - it would be daft not to. Don't know if it's been paid.

Tigermin

Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

Good question but not wanting to be argumentative or controversial,handwringers please calm down, but where did a valuation of 5.2 million come from ? With rose tinted glasses on 2.5-3 million would be more accurate but even that amount would surely bring Dawson back ? Happy retirement Fabrice.

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Tigermin wrote:Good question but not wanting to be argumentative or controversial,handwringers please calm down, but where did a valuation of 5.2 million come from ? With rose tinted glasses on 2.5-3 million would be more accurate but even that amount would surely bring Dawson back ? Happy retirement Fabrice.
That valuation may be a transfer valuation, but for insurance purposes the club would be insuring against the "whole life" losses if a player's career is ended - probably related to the remaining contract length as opposed to a replacement valuation.
So if a player had 5 years remaining on a contract they would be insuring against the loss of that player's services for 5 years.

Tigermin wrote:Good question but not wanting to be argumentative or controversial,handwringers please calm down, but where did a valuation of 5.2 million come from ? With rose tinted glasses on 2.5-3 million would be more accurate but even that amount would surely bring Dawson back ? Happy retirement Fabrice.

I agree £5 million is more than we'd get from I insurance for him think lust is probably right in that the value of his contract is the payout.

We'd need more than £3 million to get Dawson though, probably nearly double that. West Brom don't need to sell.

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Insurance companies pay on the value of the "asset" on the day the accident happened.

They gave Hipster £250 for his old Corsa when he crashed it into Aberdeen Cathedral because a back street hooker had her noshers around his knob.

Muamba was worth about the same on the day of his near death experience.

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I've already contacted my lawyer about that slander above.

He's having trouble finding a miss whittam in the phone book though can you advise?

Regards,

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Hipster_Nebula wrote:I've already contacted my lawyer about that slander above.

He's having trouble finding a miss whittam in the phone book though can you advise?

Regards,

You cannot slander a nickname, so unless your parents are Mr & Mrs Nebula then I'm ok.

You, on the other hand, could be in deep shit for all the slanderous things you've said to me as I post under my real name.

I may settle out of court though.

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

My lawyer isn't returning my calls.

Keegan

Keegan
Admin

Hipster_Nebula wrote:My lawyer isn't returning my calls.
lol!

https://forum.boltonnuts.co.uk

Culcheth_White

Culcheth_White
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

From memory, somebody once asked the so called Bolton Oracle, aka Alan Nixon that question, "will the club receive compensation?" He replied "NO!"

IMO, Muamba's price had depreciated quite alot since Megson signed him for around £5 million. He was mainly out of the team under Coyle up until his unfortunate illness and I think we would have done well to recoup the majority of what we initially paid for him.

Even if we had received a hefty £5 million in compensation for Muamba, that doesn't necessarily mean that the money would have been used to strengthen the squad. Eddie is owed a few quid, by the club.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum