Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Why Do People Register And Not Post?

+11
largehat
Sluffy
gloswhite
Keegan
wanderlust
aaron_bwfc
Hipster_Nebula
Mr Magoo
Reebok Trotter
xmiles
Natasha Whittam
15 posters

Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 3]

1Why Do People Register And Not Post? Empty Why Do People Register And Not Post? Tue Feb 21 2012, 09:34

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

This has always intrigued me.

Why bother registering for a site and then not bother posting? It happens on all football forums, big and small.

It's not like you have to register to read the content so why bother unless you're going to get involved?

Can someone with zero posts please answer. Thanks.

xmiles

xmiles
Jay Jay Okocha
Jay Jay Okocha

Good question. It's not just football forums, it's the same on music forums too. I can understand people lurking for a little while to get the feel of a forum, but as you say what's the point of registering if you are not going to post.

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

It's something that has always puzzled me. If you are going to go to the trouble of registering then why not post your views ? I can't get my head round it. silent

Mr Magoo

Mr Magoo
Youri Djorkaeff
Youri Djorkaeff

Looking at your picture, you might not be able to get your head round it, but those lip's would get round anything.

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Nowt wrong with my lips. It's written in my will that when I die my lips are to be surgically removed and put on a keyring as a souvenir for my family.

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Back on topic, i have no idea.

probably put off by the big personalities like me.

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Hipster_Nebula wrote:Back on topic, i have no idea.

probably put off by the big personalities like me.

But they'd know that before they registered.

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Maybe some people just prefer to read other peoples posts rather than post themselves ?

aaron_bwfc

aaron_bwfc

Why register in the first place? I can understand if it was like some forums where you have to register to even look but that's not the case on here.

Anywho, each to their own I suppose.

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

aaron_bwfc wrote:

Anywho, each to their own I suppose.

No, I want answers!

All forums are littered with people who register and never post, I want to know why.

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

A few weeks ago, I was bored, had a bit of time on my hands and decided to register on this site. I posted some stuff and read some stuff and did so pretty regularly for a while. Then a project I'm working on started to demand more time - which meant 15 and 16 hour days - so the forum had to take a back seat.

I have 20 minutes now just to get my head out of work and think about something else for a while, hence this post.

So I suspect the answer (or one possible answer) to your question is that folk register with every intention of posting regularly and then life takes over.

Not that I'm suggesting that you haven't got a life Natasha.

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

wanderlust wrote:

Not that I'm suggesting that you haven't got a life Natasha.

No, you were right first time...my life is a bit sad.

However, I don't think what you're saying is true. If someone has time to register why don't they make a post straight away?

Keegan

Keegan
Admin

There are websites that require you to sign in before you can post/download/view restricted content - none of which applies to us at this point in time. Come on guys and girls - let's see what you have to say!

https://forum.boltonnuts.co.uk

gloswhite

gloswhite
Guðni Bergsson
Guðni Bergsson

i joined coz I saw Natasha's avatar, and realised her personality was just as nice. Mad

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

One benefit of membership is that it is very much easier to see what 'new' posts have been made since your last visit.

It wouldn't surprise me if some of the 'non-posting' members who are regulars on other sites but simply 'read' on here.

Nothing wrong in that - I tend to do the same myself to other sites.

For what it is worth non of the 'non-posters' user names are familiar to me and thus they can (if they want) choose to post on here in complete anonymity - if they would so like - without feeling disloyal or anything to their 'home' forum.

We are all Bolton supporters after all and we are happy for fellow 'Wanderers' to read the news and views as well as enjoy a laugh with us here on 'Nuts' without feeling the need to join in with us if you rather not do.

We would however love you to join in if you would like to - as the more people that do - the more interesting, stimulating and humorous the place becomes for all of us!

largehat

largehat
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

If you don't register you can't read profiles, on some forums it's not as easy to see what the newest posts are, and you can't see posts by a particular user.

I'm not being funny but I suspect a number of people registered because of the bullshit about a Wanderers player posting, and wanted to be able to read that.

xmiles

xmiles
Jay Jay Okocha
Jay Jay Okocha

Is a Bolton player now posting?

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

xmiles wrote:Is a Bolton player now posting?

Yes, I am Zat Knight.

I'm hurt at all the comments on here. I may kill myself before the Chelsea game.

On second thoughts, I'll do it after the game just to piss you off one last time.

Sir Nut's Dad is probably Owen Coyle the dumb bastard.

xmiles

xmiles
Jay Jay Okocha
Jay Jay Okocha

Natasha Whittam wrote:

Yes, I am Zat Knight.

I'm hurt at all the comments on here. I may kill myself before the Chelsea game.

On second thoughts, I'll do it after the game just to piss you off one last time.

If you are Zat Knight you will probably kill someone else by mistake.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 3]

Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum