Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

What was the first match you went to

+16
scottjames30
Soul Kitchen
Norpig
Bernard Dennis Park
Angry Dad
Michael Bolton
WhiteBic
dazshack
JakeSnake
Hipster_Nebula
Banks of the Croal
xmiles
Sluffy
Boggersbelief
BoltonTillIDie
bryan458
20 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

1What was the first match you went to Empty What was the first match you went to Sat May 18 2013, 19:39

bryan458

bryan458
Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

Mine
23rd October 1968
BWFC 2-3 Huddersfield Town
we actually had 2 goals disallowed, couldn't understand why we lost.
I remember my coffee and salt'n'shake crisps at half time.
love to know were I could get a match report...bounce

BoltonTillIDie

BoltonTillIDie
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Hello and welcome Bryan

My first match was against Bury and we lost...I think is was 1-0. We got there late and missed the goal.

Boggersbelief

Boggersbelief
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Mine was at anfield, about 12 years ago.

Lost 2-1

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

Hello and welcome Bryan.

Strangely enough the first game I saw was Brentford v Hull in the early 1960's!

As a little boy I had been taken to visit relatives down London and one of them took me with his kids to the game that was on.

When I got home I started going down to Burnden but I can't remember what the first game I saw there, I remember the crowds more than the games as I was too timid to go down the front and could not see much were I was because I was to small and I didn't like to be put on a crush barrier because it used to be too hard to sit on for any length of time!

Happy days!

xmiles

xmiles
Jay Jay Okocha
Jay Jay Okocha

I don't remember who they were playing but as a child I lived in south east London and my dad used to take me to see Millwall and kept me quiet with chocolate bars.

Banks of the Croal

Banks of the Croal
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

I cant remember the exact game but I'm thinking it would be about 59 and struggled to see any of the games standing on The Embankment back then.

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

My first match was at Villa Park. Villa vs Cov.

Yorke was playing.

JakeSnake

David Lee
David Lee

07/08/04

Bolton v Real Zaragoza
Too young (5) to remember the score but I know it was a friendly and it was the only time that it was actually hot in Horwich. It was that hot that I had to sit under the seat and then i had to go into the toilets.

Boggersbelief

Boggersbelief
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I remember similar heat wave during a pre season friendly at the bok against some Greek side.

It was so hot that the bald guy infront burnt his head.

dazshack

dazshack
David Ngog
David Ngog

Bolton v Southend won 2-0 reeves and philskirk

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

dazshack wrote:Bolton v Southend won 2-0 reeves and philskirk

You certain Daz?

The fantastic stat site for the Wanderers doesn't seem to confirm your memory - I was looking the game up for you to give you the date it was played.

See here - [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

dazshack

dazshack
David Ngog
David Ngog

Yeah you right it was 1-0 just remember reeves and philskirk so just thought they scored I was young back then

WhiteBic

WhiteBic
Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

I can't recall the first Bolton game but it would be around 93/94.

My dad is a huge rugby league fan. He took me to watch Leigh v Hull fc at hilton park '89. It was winter and the pitch got so muddy you couldn't distinguish who was who. The only reason I remember is the black and white of their kit stood out against the red and white of leigh. Just a strange memory that stuck in my head.

Michael Bolton

Michael Bolton
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

I think my first bolton game was Hartlepool 1-2 bolton in about 1992. I can't remember who scored but I remember nicky Southall was in their team, who went on to play for us.

As for my new team Chelsea I have yet to see them live. I can't wait to though.

Angry Dad

Angry Dad
Youri Djorkaeff
Youri Djorkaeff

Crystal palace v Spurs as i lived there then but a bit too young had to sit on me uncles shoulders.

First Bolton game v portsmouth in the old second division.

Bernard Dennis Park

Bernard Dennis Park
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

Michael Bolton wrote:I think my first bolton game was Hartlepool 1-2 bolton in about 1992. I can't remember who scored but I remember nicky Southall was in their team, who went on to play for us.

Scott Green and Super John scored iirc.

Greens was a cross that flew into the top corner.

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

i went a couple of times with my uncles as a little kid but can't remember who we played. The first game i went to on my own was a 15 year old - Grimsby at home, our first game in Division 4. Gary Henshaw scored in the first minute when i was still trying to get in to the Burnden Paddock!

It was the Play off semi final in 1989 against Notts County, we drew 1-1 but lost the away leg either 1 or 2 nil. Second match I went to was Coventry in the Rumbelows cup the following season.

Soul Kitchen

Soul Kitchen
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

63/64 season WBA lost 2-0 then scum a couple of weeks after, lost 1-0!

Bernard Dennis Park

Bernard Dennis Park
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

OneFinFreedman wrote:Second match I went to was Coventry in the Rumbelows cup the following season.

I remember that game. Tony Philliskirk scored one of the best goals you'll ever see.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum