Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

What was the first match you went to

+16
scottjames30
Soul Kitchen
Norpig
Bernard Dennis Park
Angry Dad
Michael Bolton
WhiteBic
dazshack
JakeSnake
Hipster_Nebula
Banks of the Croal
xmiles
Sluffy
Boggersbelief
BoltonTillIDie
bryan458
20 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 2]

scottjames30

scottjames30
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I honestly can't remember who Bolton was playing , but I remember being 1-0 down at half at Burnden park.

We came back to win 3-1, D Lee has a belting game, and I think he scored, he would of got the MOM.

Someone missed a real sitter in the second half, and my dad was screaming "I could of put that in".

Bernard Dennis Park

Bernard Dennis Park
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

Bolton vs Swansea 1993? The game Andy Walker got crippled. We were losing 1-0 at half time I think then Scott Green got 2 and David Lee the other to win 3-1. Was it that game Scott?

scottjames30

scottjames30
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Bernard Dennis Park wrote:Bolton vs Swansea 1993? The game Andy Walker got crippled. We were losing 1-0 at half time I think then Scott Green got 2 and David Lee the other to win 3-1. Was it that game Scott?

I honestly can't remember Bernard, all I remember was David Lee having a belting game, and somebody missed a proper sitter in the second half.

I'll ask my dad .

scottjames30

scottjames30
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

He thinks it could be that game, probably was tbh.

Bernard Dennis Park

Bernard Dennis Park
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

Funny how well I remember games from 20 years ago. I couldn't tell you the scores or scorers from half our games last season though.

Soul Kitchen

Soul Kitchen
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Bernard Dennis Park wrote:Funny how well I remember games from 20 years ago. I couldn't tell you the scores or scorers from half our games last season though.
That's Al Zimer knocking at the door, I'm the same.

Culcheth_White

Culcheth_White
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

Well, it looks like my first game was a 1-2 home defeat against the mighty Bristol City on the 19/08/1978! I'm so glad that Bristol went down this season, as I'm still scarred for life.

JohannesburgWanderer

Mario Jardel
Mario Jardel

1973 Bolton 5 Hull City 1, then 2nd game Bolton 3 Luton Town 0, those were the days!!!!

rammywhite

rammywhite
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Against Everton- crowd was something like 40,000. Bolton won (I think) 2-0.
Stood on the Embankment under the half time scoreboard.
The half time scoreboard?? Those were the days!

Hip Priest

Hip Priest
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

Aged 8,Bolton v Stoke City 1963. Remember Bolton scored a late equalizer to level 3-3 with a couple of minutes to go. My dad was deliriously happy, so I was too and we jumped on the bus up Manny Road back to town. Someone had a radio and told us Stoke had scored again. We lost 4-3 and got relegated that season. That still seems to sum up what supporting Bolton has always been about.

Bernard Dennis Park

Bernard Dennis Park
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

Leaving early and missing the end of the game?

Never understood that.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 2]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum