Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Visiting foreign football grounds?

+6
WhiteBic
Michael Bolton
NickFazer
Bernard Dennis Park
Natasha Whittam
aaron_bwfc
10 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Visiting foreign football grounds? Empty Visiting foreign football grounds? Sun May 26 2013, 14:30

aaron_bwfc

aaron_bwfc

I'm off to Almeria a few a weeks and thought i'd have a look at their football team and check out their ground when I go.

Seems they have a 22,000 all seater stadium and are currently 2nd in League BBVA.

When you go on holiday do you ever check out the local football teams stadium?

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

aaron_bwfc wrote:I'm off to Almeria

No one likes a show off.

I went to Holland about a year after we beat Reading 4-3 at Wembley to get promoted thanks to Fab DeFreitas.

A few of us went to Volendam for the day and walked past the ground where Fab DeFreitas had started his career - FC Volendam. There was no one about so I jumped over a wall and took a few photos from the centre circle.

I live an exciting life.

Bernard Dennis Park

Bernard Dennis Park
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

Your pretend internet life is probably more exciting than your real life.

NickFazer

NickFazer
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

Was on holiday in Cyprus once went to a game there, absolutely mental. Fans get there 2-3 before and stay long after the game is over and the atmosphere was volatile to say the least, ground was in Limassol and I think they were playing Larnaca but I couldn't swear to it [long time ago].

I like to buy a local teams shirt when on holiday as a souvenir, got quite a few.

Michael Bolton

Michael Bolton
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

Natasha Whittam wrote:
aaron_bwfc wrote:I'm off to Almeria

No one likes a show off.

I went to Holland about a year after we beat Reading 4-3 at Wembley to get promoted thanks to Fab DeFreitas.

A few of us went to Volendam for the day and walked past the ground where Fab DeFreitas had started his career - FC Volendam. There was no one about so I jumped over a wall and took a few photos from the centre circle.

I live an exciting life.

:facepalm:

WhiteBic

WhiteBic
Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

I went to Larnaca's ground 2 years ago and it was volatile then. It was a uefa cup tie agsinst steau Bucharest and both sets of fans were mental. I've also been to Philips Stadion to watch psv v ajax. As you can imagine their fans don't exactly get on.6

Copper Dragon

Copper Dragon
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

The Philips Stadion is the only one that I've been to when I was living over there.

PSV v Newcastle UEFA Cup and went with 3 Geordies, 1 Liverpool fan, 2 Forest fans and a Plymouth fan. We sat in the home end and was pelted with coins all game, I think my Burnley hat gave us away. Very Happy

Culcheth_White

Culcheth_White
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

A few years back, we had a gander around the La manga club, in Spain. I wasn't too impressed tbh.

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I love going to matches abroad just to see how the other half live. Barcelona is just massive but it felt like a sellout to me and preictably they won. Seen a few in Portugal and the Middle East where the fans were obsessed. Favourite was Mainz 05 - great club, fans and tidy stadium with loads of effort to encourage kids and families.
I always look out for the results of random clubs who I've been along to support, usually with people I've met or know as an adopted fan for the day.
One thing is for sure - fans worldwide suffer in the same masochistic way we do.

10Visiting foreign football grounds? Empty Re: Visiting foreign football grounds? Sun May 26 2013, 22:08

bwfc71

bwfc71
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Been to see Melbourne Victory play both at their old ground and their new ground - each time it was against Newcastle (Oz version but play in same colours)

Been to the PSG ground. both Bayern Munich grounds, Stuttgart and FC Koln and of course whilst in Holland been to most Eredivisie grounds over the course of the 6 years.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum