Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Martinez to Leave Wigan

+10
Sluffy
Michael Bolton
WhiteBic
waynagain
doffcocker
Boggersbelief
aaron_bwfc
scottjames30
Angry Dad
BoltonTillIDie
14 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

1Martinez to Leave Wigan Empty Martinez to Leave Wigan Tue May 28 2013, 13:48

BoltonTillIDie

BoltonTillIDie
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Wigan manager Roberto Martinez will part company with the club following talks with club chairman Dave Whelan, increasing speculation he may become the new Everton boss.

Martinez led the Latics to victory over Manchester City in this season's FA Cup final but was unable to keep them in the Premier League, with their eight-year spell in the top-flight ending with a 4-1 defeat at Arsenal.

http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11682/8739854/Premier-League-Wigan-manager-Roberto-Martinez-to-leave-club

2Martinez to Leave Wigan Empty Re: Martinez to Leave Wigan Tue May 28 2013, 13:53

Good news for us, can't see who they'll replace him with. Surely he'll take McCarthyh and possibly McManaman with him too?

3Martinez to Leave Wigan Empty Re: Martinez to Leave Wigan Tue May 28 2013, 13:53

Angry Dad

Angry Dad
Youri Djorkaeff
Youri Djorkaeff

Excellent. Mr Burns style.

4Martinez to Leave Wigan Empty Re: Martinez to Leave Wigan Tue May 28 2013, 14:26

scottjames30

scottjames30
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

So he'll be off to Everton or Stoke now.

Hopefully Wigan will be fucked now, and with all the games in Europe it'll get too much for them and they'll crack.

Good news for us.

5Martinez to Leave Wigan Empty Re: Martinez to Leave Wigan Tue May 28 2013, 16:41

aaron_bwfc

aaron_bwfc

It will be interesting to see who Wigan bring in now, I can still them being in the top 4 next season if they get a decent manager in.

6Martinez to Leave Wigan Empty Re: Martinez to Leave Wigan Tue May 28 2013, 16:46

Boggersbelief

Boggersbelief
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Wigan will still be a strong outfit. They'll lose 2 or 3 but even then they have a better squad than us.

7Martinez to Leave Wigan Empty Re: Martinez to Leave Wigan Tue May 28 2013, 16:47

doffcocker

doffcocker
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

I'd have a bad feeling about Martinez if I was an Everton fan. It's suspicious how crap Wigan are over a season in relation to how good they can be. Interesting to see how he does.

Surely there's a chance Coyle will go to Wigan.

8Martinez to Leave Wigan Empty Re: Martinez to Leave Wigan Tue May 28 2013, 16:49

waynagain

waynagain
Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

Boggersbelief wrote:Wigan will still be a strong outfit. They'll lose 2 or 3 but even then they have a better squad than us.

Better squad and TWO better goalies than us!

9Martinez to Leave Wigan Empty Re: Martinez to Leave Wigan Tue May 28 2013, 16:55

waynagain wrote:

One better goalie, the Spanish kid was on loan. It's Al Habsi and 41 year old Mike Pollitt now, I'd take Bogdan over him!

:number1:

10Martinez to Leave Wigan Empty Re: Martinez to Leave Wigan Tue May 28 2013, 16:59

waynagain

waynagain
Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

bwfc1874 wrote:
waynagain wrote:

One better goalie, the Spanish kid was on loan. It's Al Habsi and 41 year old Mike Pollitt now, I'd take Bogdan over him!

Martinez to Leave Wigan 711151169

I was watching Chelsea v City twice last week and couldn't believe that Richard Wright is one of the backup goalies at City. Also noticed that Chelsea had a young kid called Blackman in goal and he's a black man - wonder what JT calls him?

11Martinez to Leave Wigan Empty Re: Martinez to Leave Wigan Tue May 28 2013, 17:25

WhiteBic

WhiteBic
Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

Martinez or Pereira for the Everton job, Hughes will end up at Stoke.

12Martinez to Leave Wigan Empty Re: Martinez to Leave Wigan Tue May 28 2013, 17:29

Michael Bolton

Michael Bolton
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

Was Martinez really that good? At times they looked really good, especially the back end of the season when we were relegated. But they were always flirting with the drop zone under Martinez. Big Sam used to have us in the top 8.

13Martinez to Leave Wigan Empty Re: Martinez to Leave Wigan Tue May 28 2013, 17:30

Greame Jones will be Wigan manager guaranteed.

14Martinez to Leave Wigan Empty Re: Martinez to Leave Wigan Tue May 28 2013, 17:36

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

I always understood that Jones was the 'brains' and Martinez the 'front man' - if so Wigan may not miss Martinez as much as people might think.

15Martinez to Leave Wigan Empty Re: Martinez to Leave Wigan Tue May 28 2013, 17:37

scottjames30

scottjames30
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Lets hope he takes Jones with him then.

16Martinez to Leave Wigan Empty Re: Martinez to Leave Wigan Tue May 28 2013, 21:27

JonnyRandom

JonnyRandom
Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

I dont understand all the rave about martinez at all. He was manager for 4 years or so. Up until theu won the fa cup tey have done naff all. They have always floated around the telegation zone with some decent players. Under allardyce we flirted with relegation for 2 seasons then started to push upwards. Martinez never managed that. Yeah hes a nice guy but i dont see why people are raving on about him. If im wrong then fair enough and i'll hold my hands up but otherwise i cant see him making much of an impact at what ever club he goes to if his wigan career is anything to go off.

17Martinez to Leave Wigan Empty Re: Martinez to Leave Wigan Tue May 28 2013, 22:36

waynagain

waynagain
Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

Martinez was the guy who turned Swansea around and got them playing good football. Rogers got lucky when Martinez went to Wigan (which he probably wouldn't have done if he wasn't a former player) and I think he'll be found out in the future at Liverpool. Ironic that Martinez might now go to Everton after he turned down the Liverpool job. For me, he's a better manager than Rogers, will be interesting to see if he'll be able to compete with less money to spend.

18Martinez to Leave Wigan Empty Re: Martinez to Leave Wigan Wed May 29 2013, 07:32

Apparently Owen Coyle is top of Dave Whelans wish list.

19Martinez to Leave Wigan Empty Re: Martinez to Leave Wigan Wed May 29 2013, 10:07

Reebok_Rebel

Reebok_Rebel
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

bwfc1874 wrote:
waynagain wrote:

:number1:

Id take longean over both...

Personally.

20Martinez to Leave Wigan Empty Re: Martinez to Leave Wigan Wed May 29 2013, 10:10

Bernard Dennis Park

Bernard Dennis Park
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

OneFinFreedman wrote:Apparently Owen Coyle is top of Dave Whelans wish list.

Laughing

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum