Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Would you legalise drugs in the UK?

+7
bwfc71
Culcheth_White
Hipster_Nebula
Triumph
Natasha Whittam
Bernard Dennis Park
scottjames30
11 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 2]

21Would you legalise drugs in the UK? - Page 2 Empty Re: Would you legalise drugs in the UK? Sun Jun 02 2013, 17:44

bwfc71

bwfc71
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Prostitution - we should have the same laws as they have in The Netherlands, Germany, Austria and Belgium - legalised and controlled by the state and the girls have to pay tax!

Drugs:
- weed to made legal, and again like The Netherlands, for the state to control so it can gain the tax from the distribution and selling.
- Nicotine - change the laws so that bars and most other public places can have smoking rooms. Reverse the incoming law with regards to cigarette packaging and reintroduce cigarette machines to public places but can only be used with an age-coin which can only be gained from the bar/kiosk itself
- Other "recreational" drugs to be banned as currently.

I hasten to add that I use none of the above but is accepted, generally, as to how all should be properly controlled rather than currently in the UK.

Last edited by bwfc71 on Sun Jun 02 2013, 17:46; edited 1 time in total

22Would you legalise drugs in the UK? - Page 2 Empty Re: Would you legalise drugs in the UK? Sun Jun 02 2013, 17:45

Bernard Dennis Park

Bernard Dennis Park
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

I went to Middlesboro vs Bolton in the 90's on lsd.

Bit mad.

23Would you legalise drugs in the UK? - Page 2 Empty Re: Would you legalise drugs in the UK? Sun Jun 02 2013, 19:30

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

i used to take Acid and speed fairly regularly in my early 20's and i'm all right apart from a bad short term memory!

The most common effect of LSD on me was that people used to go in reverse and rewind a lot of the time - took some getting used to

24Would you legalise drugs in the UK? - Page 2 Empty Re: Would you legalise drugs in the UK? Sun Jun 02 2013, 23:33

Angry Dad

Angry Dad
Youri Djorkaeff
Youri Djorkaeff

yes

25Would you legalise drugs in the UK? - Page 2 Empty Re: Would you legalise drugs in the UK? Mon Jun 03 2013, 10:02

xmiles

xmiles
Jay Jay Okocha
Jay Jay Okocha

Yes. Most drugs are safer than alcohol and cause far less damage.

The vast majority of crimes of violence and most burglaries are committed by people under the influence of drink.

26Would you legalise drugs in the UK? - Page 2 Empty Re: Would you legalise drugs in the UK? Mon Jun 03 2013, 10:43

Triumph wrote:
scottjames30 wrote:The amount of crap mixed in with ecstasy tablets these days, Coke, and other drugs you don't know what you are buying.

How many young folk have been killed due to dodgy batch's of drugs, the government will never stop people taking them, so why not make them all legal .

Then at least you know what your buying, and that the drugs are safe.
No! serves them right for buying them in the first place. if you need to take shit to live then you are in a very very dark sad place and I dont mean Blackburn.

I think they should legalise but they probably won't because there are too many people who have this point of view but don't really understand.

Triumph seems to believe anybody that does drugs would have to be in a very 'dark place' when the opposite is true for the majority. Not everybody who does drugs now and again becomes a crack addict living on the streets, drugs like MDMA are reasonably safe, not addictive and very common, the fact it's illegal isn't stopping anybody.

27Would you legalise drugs in the UK? - Page 2 Empty Re: Would you legalise drugs in the UK? Mon Jun 03 2013, 10:44

Triumph

Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

xmiles wrote:Yes. Most drugs are safer than alcohol and cause far less damage.

The vast majority of crimes of violence and most burglaries are committed by people under the influence of drink.
Thats because alcohol is legal, so you are saying making drugs legal would not have the same effect?

28Would you legalise drugs in the UK? - Page 2 Empty Re: Would you legalise drugs in the UK? Mon Jun 03 2013, 10:54

Triumph wrote:

Thats because alcohol is legal, so you are saying making drugs legal would not have the same effect?

I've never felt as 'out of it' on any drug as I have when pissed and wake up the next day not remembering portions of the night.

Far more control over yourself IMO.

So no I've never seen drugs have as violent/destructive effect, the violence and crimes tends to be by hard drug addicts and dealers when drug related - both of which could be controlled/eliminated by legalisation.

29Would you legalise drugs in the UK? - Page 2 Empty Re: Would you legalise drugs in the UK? Mon Jun 03 2013, 11:18

xmiles

xmiles
Jay Jay Okocha
Jay Jay Okocha

Triumph wrote:

No I don't think so.

Most soft drugs do not make people violent and the crimes committed by addicts to support their habits would most likely decrease if drugs were legalised.

One of the main problems with alcohol is that too many people don't understand just how dangerous it can be. The main manufacturers/suppliers have a lot of influence and prevent tighter controls being introduced. I like a drink myself and have a drink about every other day but no longer have any interest in getting drunk. Alcohol, like most things, is fine in moderation. Smile

30Would you legalise drugs in the UK? - Page 2 Empty Re: Would you legalise drugs in the UK? Mon Jun 03 2013, 11:26

Triumph

Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

xmiles wrote:
Triumph wrote:

No I don't think so.

Most soft drugs do not make people violent and the crimes committed by addicts to support their habits would most likely decrease if drugs were legalised.

One of the main problems with alcohol is that too many people don't understand just how dangerous it can be. The main manufacturers/suppliers have a lot of influence and prevent tighter controls being introduced. I like a drink myself and have a drink about every other day but no longer have any interest in getting drunk. Alcohol, like most things, is fine in moderation. Smile
Not ever taken drugs I wouldn't know, I was under the impression that people started off on 'mild' drugs and then needed stronger and stronger drugs to get the same effect hence they are then addicted, hence we get our valubles stolen to pay for the habit? is this correct?

31Would you legalise drugs in the UK? - Page 2 Empty Re: Would you legalise drugs in the UK? Mon Jun 03 2013, 11:32

Bernard Dennis Park

Bernard Dennis Park
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

It's a myth.

32Would you legalise drugs in the UK? - Page 2 Empty Re: Would you legalise drugs in the UK? Mon Jun 03 2013, 11:41

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Triumph wrote:
xmiles wrote:
Triumph wrote:

No I don't think so.

Not ever taken drugs I wouldn't know, I was under the impression that people started off on 'mild' drugs and then needed stronger and stronger drugs to get the same effect hence they are then addicted, hence we get our valubles stolen to pay for the habit? is this correct?

Thats the kind of misinformation certain people would like you to believe.

33Would you legalise drugs in the UK? - Page 2 Empty Re: Would you legalise drugs in the UK? Mon Jun 03 2013, 12:38

xmiles

xmiles
Jay Jay Okocha
Jay Jay Okocha

The idea of "gateway" drugs is largely nonsense. If it were true it would mean that there were far more people addicted to heroin than there are. To give you an idea of the statistics here are some figures from a 2012 newspaper article:

https://www.google.co.uk/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=10&cad=rja&ved=0CIkBEBYwCQ&url=http%3A%2F%2Fmetro.co.uk%2F2012%2F07%2F31%2Fdrugs-infographic-1-in-3-admits-to-taking-cocaine-cannabis-and-ecstasy-517840%2F&ei=P3-sUenAI6mh0QX02IHQDQ&usg=AFQjCNE0zR3-sxNrcrj_xLSI3qQDM1O1oQ&sig2=xibX2zH4irW7dZgdk2_bFQ

34Would you legalise drugs in the UK? - Page 2 Empty Re: Would you legalise drugs in the UK? Mon Jun 03 2013, 13:01

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

as i said in my earlier post, i took acid and speed as a recreational thing at weekends, i was never ever tempted to try anything like Heroin as i knew lads who became hooked and in some cases overdosed and died.

35Would you legalise drugs in the UK? - Page 2 Empty Re: Would you legalise drugs in the UK? Mon Jun 03 2013, 13:04

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Norpig wrote:as i said in my earlier post, i took acid and speed as a recreational thing at weekends, i was never ever tempted to try anything like Heroin as i knew lads who became hooked and in some cases overdosed and died.

Going off your photo you look as if you have taken some serious shit in your time.

36Would you legalise drugs in the UK? - Page 2 Empty Re: Would you legalise drugs in the UK? Mon Jun 03 2013, 13:05

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Reebok Trotter wrote:
Norpig wrote:as i said in my earlier post, i took acid and speed as a recreational thing at weekends, i was never ever tempted to try anything like Heroin as i knew lads who became hooked and in some cases overdosed and died.

Going off your photo you look as if you have taken some serious shit in your time.

lol!

37Would you legalise drugs in the UK? - Page 2 Empty Re: Would you legalise drugs in the UK? Mon Jun 03 2013, 16:16

scottjames30

scottjames30
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

You couldn't do an all nighter 10pm-6am on just beer alone.

The cleaners had to kick me out a few times, I was telling then I love them all, an how nice they look so they were ok with me.Very Happy

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 2]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2