Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Pearce sacked as Under 21 boss - fair or not?

+4
Keegan
aaron_bwfc
waynagain
Michael Bolton
8 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Michael Bolton

Michael Bolton
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

If you had asked me a few weeks ago I would have said definitely right, he has been on a nice big wage and done absolutely bugger all. 
But I personally feel he hasn't a chance. The best under 21 players never ever go and the remaining players clearly don't want to be there, it's their summer break, they are young lads with loads of cash, of course they would rather be in Miami, Vegas or where ever with their mates. I don't blame them for not giving a shit because I wouldn't either. 
IMO no manager could get the under 21s to do anything.

waynagain

waynagain
Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

Michael Bolton wrote:If you had asked me a few weeks ago I would have said definitely right, he has been on a nice big wage and done absolutely bugger all. 
But I personally feel he hasn't a chance. The best under 21 players never ever go and the remaining players clearly don't want to be there, it's their summer break, they are young lads with loads of cash, of course they would rather be in Miami, Vegas or where ever with their mates. I don't blame them for not giving a shit because I wouldn't either. 
IMO no manager could get the under 21s to do anything.
It's summer break for Spain and Italy too, but it didn't stop them putting on a good show today.
By the way, good job Owen Coyle never got thet Thiago guy on loan - he looks rubbish!!!!!

aaron_bwfc

aaron_bwfc

This is one of the reasons we fail so badly at international level, the best younger players in this country get raved about week in week out by the press and other managers in the game,  they let it go to their head so when an under 21 game comes around they aint fussed because they already think there the dog bollocks anyway.

It's no coincidence that spain keep winning tournaments like this then in the coming years also win the world cup or the euros, their young lads care about their country.

Michael Bolton

Michael Bolton
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

Thiago looks a superb player I agree. United were after him, that performance will have added a few more million on his price tag. There is no way Barca will let him or Cesc go. And as for the Ronaldo to United rumours, give me a break. The press are deluded if they think United would pay like £70m plus huge wages for a 28 year old.

Michael Bolton

Michael Bolton
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

Yes, I agree with you Aaron. I don't ever feel the full internationals give a shit about playing for England. I have always said that Rooney looks like he is doing the nation a favour by playing. I loved it when he mouthed off to the camera "Great isn't it, being booed by your own fans" after they drew against Algeria. Tosser.

Keegan

Keegan
Admin

There are always going to be players who want to play for the U-21's - the summer is the perfect time for ambitious players to put themselves in the shop window. The trick is to find them and Pearce didn't learn it.

https://forum.boltonnuts.co.uk

Culcheth_White

Culcheth_White
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

Pearce shouldn't have applied for the job in the first place. He knows full well what managing the under 21's is all about. More fool him!

aaron_bwfc

aaron_bwfc

Correct me if I am wrong but didn't the FA pretty much give the job to Pearce when Capello was hired, from what I gather he didn't even need to apply for the job, they gave it him straight off.

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

How did he even get the job in the first place?

Keegan

Keegan
Admin

His winning personality.

https://forum.boltonnuts.co.uk

waynagain

waynagain
Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

please, please, please, please give the job to the Neville's!!!!

aaron_bwfc

aaron_bwfc

I'd give it to Hoddle, seems to be doing a decent job with his football schools abroad.

Hip Priest

Hip Priest
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

Fair. The bloke's a loonie. I know he would have died for England as a player and I admire his attitude but I'm sorry he's just a shit,clueless manager. This kind of thing happens, move on.

Triumph

Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

From what I understood I heard a few weeks ago he was stepping down anyway?

Michael Bolton

Michael Bolton
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

I would give it to gazza. He did so much for England and his passion for England is second to none. And it would give him a purpose in life.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum