Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Can we do it with this squad if there are no more transfers?

+11
Hipster_Nebula
Reebok_Rebel
Natasha Whittam
observer
MartinBWFC
Keegan
Angry Dad
Copper Dragon
Mr Magoo
scottjames30
wanderlust
15 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 2]

observer

Andy Walker
Andy Walker

Natasha Whittam wrote:If we go into the season with the squad as it stands we'll get relegated.

Same shit defence that can't defend (without Dawson) and same shitty forwards who can't score to save their lives.
Need Dawson... end of story.  Nat's correct.

Id be amazed if we don't make another couple of signings, I don't think your assumptions are correct to be honest.

If you were to be right though I think we'd struggle but possibly scrape the play offs, winning them is another matter though. A decent center back and striker though and I think we could be challenging for the title, this team isn't far off at all and decent full backs are something we've needed for about 6 years, I have high hopes for Tierney and Baptiste.

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

bwfc1874 wrote:Id be amazed if we don't make another couple of signings, I don't think your assumptions are correct to be honest.

If you were to be right though I think we'd struggle but possibly scrape the play offs, winning them is another matter though. A decent center back and striker though and I think we could be challenging for the title, this team isn't far off at all and decent full backs are something we've needed for about 6 years, I have high hopes for Tierney and Baptiste.
 Good points. I'm hoping we do make some astute signings, but as mentioned, this is a "what if we don't?" thread.

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Better to just wait until the window closes and then talk about this.

then at least it'd be grounded in some reality.

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Hipster_Nebula wrote:

You absolute bellend, forums are for discussing "what ifs" and fantasy.

MartinBWFC

MartinBWFC
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Apparently Beckford and Hall are in the bag, and will be unveiled over the next 48 hours.

bwfc71

bwfc71
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Could do with Eddie winning Tuesday Euromillions to help with teh transfer market - top prize is only about £157million!!!!

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

bwfc71 wrote:Could do with Eddie winning Tuesday Euromillions to help with teh transfer market - top prize is only about £157million!!!!

It could go as high as £162 million. If you won you could buy the club and clear all the debt and still have £2 million left to spend.

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Reebok Trotter wrote:
bwfc71 wrote:Could do with Eddie winning Tuesday Euromillions to help with teh transfer market - top prize is only about £157million!!!!

It could go as high as £162 million. If you won you could buy the club and clear all the debt and still have £2 million left to spend.

Is that your way of telling me that I didn't win on Friday then?

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Hipster_Nebula wrote:Better to just wait until the window closes and then talk about this.

I like to speculate. It's nice to think we can afford a striker like Beckford who scores once in every 3.76 games which equates to 12 goals a season barring injury and have a chance of getting a prospect who everyone seems to rate highly.
Also good to know that Dougie has apparently made his move early so the new look Wanderers will have plenty of playing time together as a team in the pre-season - we have to hit the ground running.

observer

Andy Walker
Andy Walker

wanderlust wrote:
Hipster_Nebula wrote:Better to just wait until the window closes and then talk about this.

I like to speculate. It's nice to think we can afford a striker like Beckford who scores once in every 3.76 games which equates to 12 goals a season barring injury and have a chance of getting a prospect who everyone seems to rate highly.
Also good to know that Dougie has apparently made his move early so the new look Wanderers will have plenty of playing time together as a team in the pre-season - we have to hit the ground running.
Really agree with your comment about the team getting a chance to play together.  It feels as if we have not had a first team squad since CYL and Holden were injured. Now bring in Dawson and we'll have a good run at the top of the table.

bwfc71

bwfc71
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

dont forget the Euromillions lottery tomorrow - approx 160million quid jackpot!!!!

terenceanne

terenceanne
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

Quick answer to the question is "No"

Posters above have stated some of the reasons.  For me we were overrun in midfield far to many times last season...especially away from home.  QPR & Reading .... seem like a sensible one & two ....leaving a play push for us at best.

This is in answer to the question asked ...... if we sign more players and get organized during pre-season then that's a diferent prediction.

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I'd be surprised if Reading and QPR are the top two but yes, possibility.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 2]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum