Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Kevin Davies joins Preston - OFFICIAL

+24
Soul Kitchen
gloswhite
CAMPO
BoltonTillIDie
Triumph
waynagain
terenceanne
Angry Dad
Keegan
JohannesburgWanderer
Hip Priest
Reebok Trotter
doffcocker
Hipster_Nebula
josh31
Natasha Whittam
Copper Dragon
wessy
rammywhite
scottjames30
wanderlust
Reebok_Rebel
NickFazer
Culcheth_White
28 posters

Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 4]

1Kevin Davies joins Preston - OFFICIAL Empty Kevin Davies joins Preston - OFFICIAL Sun Jun 23 2013, 09:38

Culcheth_White

Culcheth_White
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

Apparently BKD is having talks with Burnley!

Other news. Sam Ricketts is wanted by Wolves and he's likely to sign. Beckford and Hall are very close to signing for us as well.

NickFazer

NickFazer
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

Good news all round, if it all comes to pass.

Reebok_Rebel

Reebok_Rebel
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

If this turns out to be true. Kevin davies is no longer a club legend.

Id even cancel the cunts testimonial.

God, id be seething if he did that. You are joking?

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Reebok_Rebel wrote:If this turns out to be true. Kevin davies is no longer a club legend.

Why? He's been great for us over the years and he doesn't figure in Dougie's plans so he's surely entitled to look for work elsewhere? If he did go to Burnley and was a success then that's hardly his fault - it would be down to Dougie's bad judgement.
I don't think it's fair to tell him we don't want him but nobody else can have him.

Reebok_Rebel

Reebok_Rebel
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

if he goes to a local rival, fuck him. He should know better.

scottjames30

scottjames30
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

SKD for Burnley Laughing

NickFazer

NickFazer
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

Reebok_Rebel wrote:if he goes to a local rival, fuck him. He should know better.

Club rivalry is for fans, SKD is perfectly entitled to sign for Burnley. It might be different if he was a Bolton player born and bred but he isn't he's from Sheffield.

scottjames30

scottjames30
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

NickFazer wrote:
Reebok_Rebel wrote:if he goes to a local rival, fuck him. He should know better.

Club rivalry is for fans, SKD is perfectly entitled to sign for Burnley. It might be different if he was a Bolton player born and bred but he isn't he's from Sheffield.

If he signs for Burnley 10-15 fans will go to his testimonial .

rammywhite

rammywhite
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Why is anyone bothered? He was well past his sell by date with us- and he'll be as slow and disruptive to good play if he joins someone else.
If he signs for Burnley- so what! He's not really going to trouble us when we play them. He'll be a bit part player for them as he was for us in his last season

NickFazer

NickFazer
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

Kevin Davies wouldn't have gone to Burnley or anywhere else if it had been his choice, once the club decided not to offer him a deal then he has to make the best move for him and his family. Burnley are a championship club and he won't have to move house, he may even get 2 years or an option for another year. Other offers may come if he waits but why should he not at least talk to the club.

The consensus of opinion on here is that he isn't good enough to play at this level and certainly not for us, so I really don't understand why anyone would be annoyed that may sign for Burnley. If he plays against us in August so what, he's past it right so effectively we will play against 10 men.

wessy

wessy
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

So Rebel your boss says "Rebel your Fired" the company down the road says you start Monday !! that makes you a  **** ? not in my book. As Henry the VIII would say "though talks through thy Arse." on this one.

Coyle should have dealt with KD issue he didn't and he lost the plot. At the end Kev couldn't trap a bag of cement, play always broke down,  However that does not diminish what the guy brought to the table at his best.

scottjames30

scottjames30
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

He'll hardly be a replacement for Austin will he.

Copper Dragon

Copper Dragon
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Let's say that there's even 1% of truth in it, it's definitely a signing that would send a lot of Burnley fans over the edge.

Will his wife be happy for him to earn around £20,000 a week less than his last wage?

If he comes to do his badges and some coaching then that will be fair enough.

Too old and immobile, not really what Burnley need.

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Culcheth_White wrote: Beckford and Hall are very close to signing for us as well.

I hope you're right - I will have a bit of hope for the season if Beckford signs.

It would be a novelty to have a striker in the side who could actually score - I'll bet there are plenty of fans out there who have never seen a Bolton striker who actually scored goals.

josh31

David Ngog
David Ngog

He can play for Burnley and not have to move house, then we can offer him a coaching role when he retires

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Reebok_Rebel wrote:If this turns out to be true. Kevin davies is no longer a club legend.

Laughing

u can't be serious.

doffcocker

doffcocker
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Copper Dragon wrote:
Too old and immobile.

I'm pleased to read that you've been absorbing my work, CD.

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I can't see what the fuss is about. He's a free agent and can play for whoever he chooses. We haven't offered him a new deal so why shouldn't he sign on elsewhere if the opportunity presents itself.

Culcheth_White

Culcheth_White
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

Will I be going to Kevin Davies's testimonial? No! Am I arsed who he signs for, now that he isn't a Bolton player? The computer says No!

Hip Priest

Hip Priest
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

We didn't want him to stay so KD should be free to pick his next club without giving a sh1t what us Bolton fans think. He wanted to stay here. Good luck to him wherever he goes , he's been a great servant to BWFC.  He was on Talk Shite yesterday saying he has about a dozen offers on the table to choose from so even if Burnley were interested,which I doubt, I don't think he will end up there as I would imagine other clubs will offer higher wages and KD said moving away from the North West would be no problem for him and his family.
I'm hoping old horseface from the land of the pies might fancy he could do a job for them. That would be a right laugh.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 4]

Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum