Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Kevin Davies joins Preston - OFFICIAL

+24
Soul Kitchen
gloswhite
CAMPO
BoltonTillIDie
Triumph
waynagain
terenceanne
Angry Dad
Keegan
JohannesburgWanderer
Hip Priest
Reebok Trotter
doffcocker
Hipster_Nebula
josh31
Natasha Whittam
Copper Dragon
wessy
rammywhite
scottjames30
wanderlust
Reebok_Rebel
NickFazer
Culcheth_White
28 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 4 of 4]

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I wish him all the best and hope he goes out on a high.

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Could still be in the prem for me.

sad.

doffcocker

doffcocker
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Terrible signing for Preston.

Copper Dragon

Copper Dragon
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

doffcocker wrote:Terrible signing for Preston.

It's a laugh you know, some Burnley fans are celebrating him signing for Preston and some Preston fans are celebrating because he's signed for Preston.

How the 'superior' ones at the end of the M65 have fallen. Very Happy 

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Looks like his first game will be against Liverpool...

Former England striker Kevin Davies has joined Preston North End on a two-year contract.

Davies was released by Bolton in the summer after 10 years at the club, and he turned down a number of offers elsewhere to drop down a division to League One.

Davies, 36, played 407 games for Bolton, scoring 85 goals.

He started his career at Chesterfield, making his name in their famous run to the FA Cup semi-finals in 1997.

He joined Southampton that year but after just one season moved on to Blackburn in a club-record £7.5 million deal. :rofl: 

He returned to the south coast, making a further 95 appearances for Southampton before heading back to the north-west with Bolton in 2003.

He has been given the number 9 shirt at Deepdale and could make his first appearance for Preston in the Shankly Shield fixture against Liverpool on Saturday, 13 July.

aaron_bwfc

aaron_bwfc

Good luck to him, I get the feeling he hasn't had the offers from clubs he had hoped for.

Nothing against Preston but before he left it struck me that he was after a move to a top championship club or a lower premier league side.

doffcocker

doffcocker
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

I doubt it will have been a half-hearted effort from PNE. They've probably made him their top earner and planned to base their play around him.

Bolton overestimated his use at Championship level and Preston will do the same in League One.

scottjames30

scottjames30
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I reckon he'll score 20+ in that tinpot league .

doffcocker

doffcocker
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

scottjames30 wrote:I reckon he'll score 20+ in that tinpot league .

Déjà vu.

xmiles

xmiles
Jay Jay Okocha
Jay Jay Okocha

scottjames30 wrote:I reckon he'll score 20+ in that tinpot league .

No way. He's never been a prolific scorer. He's slower than ever and can't take penalties or free kicks.

Boggersbelief

Boggersbelief
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

He will look very good at that level and you'll get people like hipster saying that we should have kept him

scottjames30

scottjames30
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Boggersbelief wrote:He will look very good at that level and you'll get people like hipster saying that we should have kept him

I agree, but we've forgot more than what hipster knows about football.

Also is he having a testimonial or what ? if so when ?

Keegan

Keegan
Admin

That's quite a coup for Preston NE - signing a former England international striker with many years experience in terrorizing the best defenders the Barclays Premier League had to offer. I wish them good luck over the next two seasons in League One. Well done to Emma Kev on getting a two-year contract as well - that was probably the clincher.

Time to move on.

https://forum.boltonnuts.co.uk

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Boggersbelief wrote:He will look very good at that level and you'll get people like hipster saying that we should have kept him

I've said many times i wouldn't have given him a new contract before last season so you're wrong there.

still think he deserves respect though.

Hip Priest

Hip Priest
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

Good luck to him. I don't think he's going to tear up any trees even at league one level but he's been great for us up until a couple of years ago.All the bad feelings that have arisen since he didn't get a new contract have tarnished some great memories of some great times so I hope both he and PNE do well and he comes back sometime next year and has a successful testimonial.

WhiteBic

WhiteBic
Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

League one is probably his level now. Good luck to him, he will probably get them 9 goals and have a great work rate.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 4 of 4]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum