Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Wylde signs for Aberdeen

+6
WhiteBic
Keegan
Natasha Whittam
Hipster_Nebula
Jamster26
wanderlust
10 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

1Wylde signs for Aberdeen Empty Wylde signs for Aberdeen Mon Jun 24 2013, 11:20

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Aberdeen have signed free agent Gregg Wylde on a two-year deal following his release by Bolton.

The winger, who left Wanderers at the end of last season, moves to Pittodrie until the end of the 2015 season.

And former Rangers man Wylde will be joined at his new club by teenage striker Lawrence Shankland, who has signed from Queens Park.

Aberdeen manager Derek McInnes said: "Gregg is a player will give us real pace and good balance, which is something I felt the team needed.

"He is a young player who has had a couple of frustrating years with injuries and not playing first team football but he is a player with great ability and is someone who I am sure will be hugely beneficial to the team."

2Wylde signs for Aberdeen Empty Re: Wylde signs for Aberdeen Mon Jun 24 2013, 11:32

Jamster26

Jamster26
Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

Good riddance.

3Wylde signs for Aberdeen Empty Re: Wylde signs for Aberdeen Mon Jun 24 2013, 11:37

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Good riddance? lol. 

wasn't his fault he was brought here and never given a single opportunity to play. 

Even if he wasn't good enough, hardly his fault he signed in error.

4Wylde signs for Aberdeen Empty Re: Wylde signs for Aberdeen Mon Jun 24 2013, 11:41

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Hipster_Nebula wrote:Good riddance? lol. 

Did you really laugh out loud? Be honest.

5Wylde signs for Aberdeen Empty Re: Wylde signs for Aberdeen Mon Jun 24 2013, 11:42

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

no i sniggered. 

SOL if anything.

6Wylde signs for Aberdeen Empty Re: Wylde signs for Aberdeen Mon Jun 24 2013, 11:45

Jamster26

Jamster26
Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

He annoyed me with his boasting of how Aberdeen are a bigger club.

7Wylde signs for Aberdeen Empty Re: Wylde signs for Aberdeen Mon Jun 24 2013, 11:53

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Jamster26 wrote:He annoyed me with his boasting of how Aberdeen are a bigger club.

Hipster is from Aberdeen, perhaps he can tell us who is the bigger club.

8Wylde signs for Aberdeen Empty Re: Wylde signs for Aberdeen Mon Jun 24 2013, 12:01

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Natasha Whittam wrote:
Jamster26 wrote:He annoyed me with his boasting of how Aberdeen are a bigger club.

As Aberdeen are former European Champions and come from one of the richest cities in Europe I don't think it's much of a contest really.

9Wylde signs for Aberdeen Empty Re: Wylde signs for Aberdeen Mon Jun 24 2013, 12:19

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Natasha Whittam wrote:

I don't concern myself with such rubbish.

10Wylde signs for Aberdeen Empty Re: Wylde signs for Aberdeen Mon Jun 24 2013, 12:23

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Hipster_Nebula wrote:

I don't concern myself with such rubbish.

You are a very negative young man - who else is better placed to answer questions about Aberdeen?

11Wylde signs for Aberdeen Empty Re: Wylde signs for Aberdeen Mon Jun 24 2013, 12:40

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

You're about as well placed as me.

12Wylde signs for Aberdeen Empty Re: Wylde signs for Aberdeen Mon Jun 24 2013, 16:20

Keegan

Keegan
Admin

I thought you were in Scotland, Hipster? You'd be closer to Aberdeen than Natasha, I'd guess.

https://forum.boltonnuts.co.uk

13Wylde signs for Aberdeen Empty Re: Wylde signs for Aberdeen Mon Jun 24 2013, 20:16

WhiteBic

WhiteBic
Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

Good luck to him, he will probably go on and have a good season.

14Wylde signs for Aberdeen Empty Re: Wylde signs for Aberdeen Mon Jun 24 2013, 21:33

Keegan

Keegan
Admin

I always thought he was potentially a decent player. Never got a look in under two managers so who am I to say he's any good though?

https://forum.boltonnuts.co.uk

15Wylde signs for Aberdeen Empty Re: Wylde signs for Aberdeen Mon Jun 24 2013, 21:37

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I'm very surprised he didn't at least get a run in the cups.

he's quick and he can whip a cross in.

maybe he has character issues.

16Wylde signs for Aberdeen Empty Re: Wylde signs for Aberdeen Mon Jun 24 2013, 21:46

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Hipster_Nebula wrote:I'm very surprised he didn't at least get a run in the cups.

he's quick and he can whip a cross in.

maybe he has character issues.

I watched him two seasons ago in pre-season against Morecambe and Crewe and he looked a decent winger. He set up a goal at Morecambe for Eagles with an inch perfect cross from the wing. Why he never got a look-in after that is a mystery.

17Wylde signs for Aberdeen Empty Re: Wylde signs for Aberdeen Mon Jun 24 2013, 21:49

scottjames30

scottjames30
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I got told he goes missing in games, the ball will go to him and he'll be stood there looking up at clouds and stuff.

18Wylde signs for Aberdeen Empty Re: Wylde signs for Aberdeen Mon Jun 24 2013, 21:51

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

scottjames30 wrote:I got told he goes missing in games, the ball will go to him and he'll be stood there looking up at clouds and stuff.

He never got picked for us to find out. Mad

19Wylde signs for Aberdeen Empty Re: Wylde signs for Aberdeen Mon Jun 24 2013, 21:53

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

scottjames30 wrote:I got told he goes missing in games, the ball will go to him and he'll be stood there looking up at clouds and stuff.

Laughing

Like Forrest Gump?

20Wylde signs for Aberdeen Empty Re: Wylde signs for Aberdeen Mon Jun 24 2013, 21:54

waynagain

waynagain
Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

Hipster_Nebula wrote:Good riddance? lol. 

wasn't his fault he was brought here and never given a single opportunity to play. 

Even if he wasn't good enough, hardly his fault he signed in error.

He wasn't 'brought' to Bolton. He left Rangers to help them cut their wage bill. He then came to Bolton and asked for a job which he was given. He then moped around while inflating the wage bill at Bolton.  There really was no good reason not to give him a chance based on his CV, but that just proves CV's are worth the paper they are written on.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum