Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Is Being Larger Than Life a Disease?

+5
Angry Dad
Michael Bolton
wanderlust
scottjames30
Natasha Whittam
9 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

1Is Being Larger Than Life a Disease? Empty Is Being Larger Than Life a Disease? Tue Jun 25 2013, 09:30

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Last week, the American Medical Association voted to classify obesity as a disease. Overnight, a third of the population went from being overweight to diseased.

Pressure groups of fat people are now lobbying the British government to follow suit.

What do you think? Is being vastly overweight a disease or are we, once again, making a "disease" to fit something people bring on themselves that could be cured with good old fashioned exercise?

Perhaps the larger than life posters like Michael Bolton could give us their views.

scottjames30

scottjames30
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Is it fuck a disease, its just laziness and over eating, if they did some exercise and stopped eating burgers and chips all day they'll lose weight.

I've just beasted myself on some hill reps on my exercise bike, later i'm going to roll a fat one and have a tuna salad sandwich , its not rocket science.

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Here's a definition:
"In humans, "disease" is often used more broadly to refer to any condition that causes pain, dysfunction, distress, social problems, or death to the person afflicted, or similar problems for those in contact with the person.In this broader sense, it sometimes includes injuries, disabilities, disorders, syndromes, infections, isolated symptoms, deviant behaviors, and atypical variations of structure and function, while in other contexts and for other purposes these may be considered distinguishable categories. Diseases usually affect people not only physically, but also emotionally, as contracting and living with many diseases can alter one's perspective on life, and their personality.
Death due to disease is called death by natural causes. There are four main types of disease: pathogenic disease, deficiency disease, hereditary disease, and physiological disease. Diseases can also be classified as communicable and non-communicable disease."

By this definition, being overweight could be defined as a non-communicable physiological disease as there's a link with illness and reduced life expectancy. It's a moot point though as it's not the weight itself that kills people - it's the side-effects that being overweight opens a person up to. However the same could be argued about AIDS i.e. it's not the AIDS that kills people, it's the illnesses they get as a result of reduced autoimmune systems.
So IMO it is technically a disease, despite us not being programmed to think of it that way.

Michael Bolton

Michael Bolton
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

Nat, this shows how ignorant you really are. Of course it is a disease and an illness. It is alright for you lot who are all skin and bone and get full after a couple of slices of bread and can't handle your drink.
But I for example only feel full after a huge meal. When you are a bit larger than life you need to eat a lot to give your body energy. It isn't slobbish or because I or others are greedy, we just have an illness where we need to eat lots.
You skinny twat.

Angry Dad

Angry Dad
Youri Djorkaeff
Youri Djorkaeff

Thing is when you are a large person your stomach stretches as you eat more and you need more food to fill it up or you still feel hungry

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Michael Bolton wrote:Nat, this shows how ignorant you really are. Of course it is a disease and an illness. It is alright for you lot who are all skin and bone and get full after a couple of slices of bread and can't handle your drink.
But I for example only feel full after a huge meal. When you are a bit larger than life you need to eat a lot to give your body energy. It isn't slobbish or because I or others are greedy, we just have an illness where we need to eat lots.
You skinny twat.

It sounds like excuses to me. It's all about willpower - if you are strong enough to eat smaller meals and go a bit hungry you will be slightly less larger than life every week.

Keegan

Keegan
Admin

Ricky Gervais explains it better than I do.

https://forum.boltonnuts.co.uk

waynagain

waynagain
Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

I heard that being a Herion addict in England is classed as a 'disabilty' - is this true? I was also told that if you get 'disabilty benefits' and you have a dog, you get more money, is this true?

Boggersbelief

Boggersbelief
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Shut up Michael, being overweight is a choice

waynagain

waynagain
Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

Was it a choice for Andre the Giant?

Michael Bolton

Michael Bolton
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

You wanna hurt me? Go right ahead if it makes you feel any better. I'm an easy target. Yeah, you're right, I eat too much. I could be a cold-hearted cynic like you... but I don't like to hurt people's feelings. Well, you think what you want about me; I'm not changing. I like... I like me. My family likes me. My friends like me. 'Cause I'm the real article. What you see is what you get.

scottjames30

scottjames30
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I'd rather like a larger than than life person, than a complete and utter bellend.

Angry Dad

Angry Dad
Youri Djorkaeff
Youri Djorkaeff

I think its time to stop taking the piss out of MB for being whatever he is, maybe he eats too much then thats up to him its his life. I drink too much but i dont care because i like it.

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Michael Bolton wrote:I could be a cold-hearted cynic like you... but I don't like to hurt people's feelings.

Michael Bolton wrote:You skinny twat.

scottjames30

scottjames30
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

:rofl:

Michael Bolton

Michael Bolton
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

Since I have told people on here that I am a larger than life character I must be honest, I feel like I am no longer welcome here.

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Michael Bolton wrote:Since I have told people on here that I am a larger than life character I must be honest, I feel like I am no longer welcome here.

How do your Chelsea friends feel about your weight issue?

Keegan

Keegan
Admin

This is an issue that carries a lot of weight and rests heavily on my mind on a regular basis. With that said, I promise to personally punish anyone who mentions or posts pictures of the "Fat Bastard" character from the Austin Powers movies, in this thread. Leave Michal Bolton alone, guys - we'll have no larger-than-life-bashing on this forum.

Thank you.

https://forum.boltonnuts.co.uk

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Keegan wrote:This is an issue that carries a lot of weight and rests heavily on my mind on a regular basis. With that said, I promise to personally punish anyone who mentions or posts pictures of the "Fat Bastard" character from the Austin Powers movies, in this thread. Leave Michal Bolton alone, guys - we'll have no larger-than-life-bashing on this forum.

Thank you.

Is Being Larger Than Life a Disease? 6z2bfl

scottjames30

scottjames30
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Is that the guy with the 10 stone testicles ?

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum