Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Clothes.

+17
Triumph
Hipster_Nebula
wanderlust
Reebok_Rebel
kennster
Soul Kitchen
MartinBWFC
Keegan
Copper Dragon
Culcheth_White
Mr Magoo
bwfc71
Michael Bolton
Natasha Whittam
scottjames30
Reebok Trotter
Angry Dad
21 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down  Message [Page 4 of 5]

61Clothes. - Page 4 Empty Re: Clothes. Wed Jun 26 2013, 21:40

doffcocker wrote:I've got excellent taste when it comes to clothes. I basically only wear casual sportswear, mainly Nike and Puma. Nothing that breaks the bank, but nothing cheap that looks tatty after two washes either. 

I can't believe people actually buy shirts at like £50-£150. I recently bought a beauty of a Nike polo shirt for £19.99 and felt awful.

I was a broke student, so I can relate.

There's nothing wrong with a few plain h&m t shirts and jeans though, fashionable and not garish at all. Far better than kitting out in Nike polos.

62Clothes. - Page 4 Empty Re: Clothes. Wed Jun 26 2013, 21:44

Copper Dragon

Copper Dragon
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Claret and Blue Fred Perry polo shirt is my favourite.

Very 70's afro

Clothes. - Page 4 Jzjevr

63Clothes. - Page 4 Empty Re: Clothes. Wed Jun 26 2013, 21:53

doffcocker

doffcocker
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Michael Bolton wrote:
Natasha Whittam wrote:I don't put any emphasis on brands or labels at all. I buy stuff that fits me well.

I'd rather buy a £25 dress from Sainsburys that fit well and showed off my curves, than buy a £500 dress that didn't hug my incredible body.

People that buy labels just because it's trendy are pathetic in my opinion.

Incredible body my arse.

When she's in the shower and Nuggy turns out the light, she thinks it's to save electricity.

64Clothes. - Page 4 Empty Re: Clothes. Thu Jun 27 2013, 02:12

waynagain

waynagain
Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

Just been in my closet, 42 pairs of Dress Shoes and 18 pairs of Sneakers (trainers).
Before I retired I had to wear a shirt and tie, when I retired I kept a bout 20 dress shirts and gave 75 to the Salvation Army. Currently have about 30 suits, 10 blazers and sports coats and 60 pairs of dress pants. I wear polo shirts and jeans most of the time, actually have over 300 polo shirts. Keep all the shirts and suits in 5 closets and have a separate closet which only has black clothes in it, one for sweatshirts, one for sweaters and another which has only Bolton shirts (65 of them) in it - that is in my 'Bolton Wanderers Room'. Had a decorator in a couple of years ago and he asked why I had so many clothes as I would never wear them all. Keep saying I'm not buying anymore, but then I see one I like and it ends up in a closet. I have some shirts which must be over 3 years old which I still haven't worn.

65Clothes. - Page 4 Empty Re: Clothes. Thu Jun 27 2013, 06:25

scottjames30

scottjames30
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

waynagain wrote:Just been in my closet, 42 pairs of Dress Shoes and 18 pairs of Sneakers (trainers).
Before I retired I had to wear a shirt and tie, when I retired I kept a bout 20 dress shirts and gave 75 to the Salvation Army. Currently have about 30 suits, 10 blazers and sports coats and 60 pairs of dress pants. I wear polo shirts and jeans most of the time, actually have over 300 polo shirts. Keep all the shirts and suits in 5 closets and have a separate closet which only has black clothes in it, one for sweatshirts, one for sweaters and another which has only Bolton shirts (65 of them) in it - that is in my 'Bolton Wanderers Room'. Had a decorator in a couple of years ago and he asked why I had so many clothes as I would never wear them all. Keep saying I'm not buying anymore, but then I see one I like and it ends up in a closet. I have some shirts which must be over 3 years old which I still haven't worn.

Sleep :lazy: Sleep

66Clothes. - Page 4 Empty Re: Clothes. Thu Jun 27 2013, 07:44

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

waynagain wrote:Just been in my closet, 42 pairs of Dress Shoes and 18 pairs of Sneakers (trainers).

So your hobby is shopping Wayne? My missus would love you.

67Clothes. - Page 4 Empty Re: Clothes. Thu Jun 27 2013, 13:29

waynagain

waynagain
Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

wanderlust wrote:

Don't know if it's a 'hobby' , just in a position where if I see something I like I get it. I'm also a bit of a collector. I have over 1500 items of Bolton Wanderers memorabilia, have over 30,000 Silver age comics (mostly Marvel, but some DC), a large collection of cigarette football cards, over 400 Star Wars figures (unopened), about the same amount of Marvel and Spawn figures, approximately 600 pieces of Royal commemortives, over 200 beer steins and over 2000 music CD's. Everything is cataloged and insured, started as a hobby, then considered it as something which would fund my retirement. By the time I retired I found I didn't need to sell any of it and in fact I just added a Queen Elizabeth Coronation plate last week.

68Clothes. - Page 4 Empty Re: Clothes. Thu Jun 27 2013, 13:36

Angry Dad

Angry Dad
Youri Djorkaeff
Youri Djorkaeff

scottjames30 wrote:

Sleep :lazy:Sleep
Sounds like he's considerably,considerably richer than yow scott:)

69Clothes. - Page 4 Empty Re: Clothes. Thu Jun 27 2013, 13:52

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

waynagain wrote:
wanderlust wrote:

Don't know if it's a 'hobby' , just in a position where if I see something I like I get it. I'm also a bit of a collector. I have over 1500 items of Bolton Wanderers memorabilia, have over 30,000 Silver age comics (mostly Marvel, but some DC), a large collection of cigarette football cards, over 400 Star Wars figures (unopened), about the same amount of Marvel and Spawn figures, approximately 600 pieces of Royal commemortives, over 200 beer steins and over 2000 music CD's. Everything is cataloged and insured, started as a hobby, then considered it as something which would fund my retirement. By the time I retired I found I didn't need to sell any of it and in fact I just added a Queen Elizabeth Coronation plate last week.

Out of interest, do you get your collections out and play with them from time to time? Or do they just gather dust in the attic?

70Clothes. - Page 4 Empty Re: Clothes. Thu Jun 27 2013, 14:56

waynagain

waynagain
Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

wanderlust wrote:
waynagain wrote:
wanderlust wrote:

Out of interest, do you get your collections out and play with them from time to time? Or do they just gather dust in the attic?

Some are on display, some are in my 'Bolton Wanderers Room', and the rest are in my basement.

71Clothes. - Page 4 Empty Re: Clothes. Thu Jun 27 2013, 16:27

scottjames30

scottjames30
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

wanderlust wrote:
waynagain wrote:
wanderlust wrote:

I bet he still plays with his star wars figures.

72Clothes. - Page 4 Empty Re: Clothes. Thu Jun 27 2013, 17:57

waynagain

waynagain
Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

scottjames30 wrote:
wanderlust wrote:
waynagain wrote:
wanderlust wrote:

I bet he still plays with his star wars figures.
They are all in thier original packages, opening them would drop their value to virtually nothing, only an idiot would even think about doing that.

73Clothes. - Page 4 Empty Re: Clothes. Thu Jun 27 2013, 18:00

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Wayne, you've wasted your life.

All the things you could have done and you chose to collect comics. FFS, God should ask for a refund.

74Clothes. - Page 4 Empty Re: Clothes. Thu Jun 27 2013, 18:18

waynagain

waynagain
Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

Natasha Whittam wrote:Wayne, you've wasted your life.

All the things you could have done and you chose to collect comics. FFS, God should ask for a refund.

They are an investment and worth considerably more than what I paid for them. They were origainally bought for my son to enjoy and once I saw the profit potential I expanded the practice. There are now enough comics and action figures that my son could actually open a comic book shop if he chose to. Collecting things - not just comics - has not really taken up much of my life, but it has given me interests outside of sitting on the couch watching the TV. I also collect gold coins and have done for many years, also a good investment. Maybe you would have though I'd led a more fulfilling life if I'd been getting drunk in the pub every night?

75Clothes. - Page 4 Empty Re: Clothes. Thu Jun 27 2013, 18:22

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I'm not doubting they're worth money - but God gave you life and you wasted it collecting comics.

When you're stood at the Pearly Gates you're going to feel a right tit explaining the highlight of your life was a Marvel comic from 1965.

76Clothes. - Page 4 Empty Re: Clothes. Thu Jun 27 2013, 18:24

scottjames30

scottjames30
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Natasha Whittam wrote:I'm not doubting they're worth money - but God gave you life and you wasted it collecting comics.

When you're stood at the Pearly Gates you're going to feel a right tit explaining the highlight of your life was a Marvel comic from 1965.

He worked in the public sector , what do you expect ?

77Clothes. - Page 4 Empty Re: Clothes. Thu Jun 27 2013, 18:33

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Natasha Whittam wrote:

In 1966 I started collecting comics, mainly Marvel. I wasn't keen on Superman and Batman in DC Comics.

I built up quite a collection until 1975 when we moved house and the bloody lot went missing. I reckon they would be worth a few bob nowadays.

78Clothes. - Page 4 Empty Re: Clothes. Thu Jun 27 2013, 18:46

waynagain

waynagain
Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

Natasha Whittam wrote:I'm not doubting they're worth money - but God gave you life and you wasted it collecting comics.

And you'll be saying "I was a regular poster on Bolton Nuts"!!!!
Collecting comics, as I said before, was something that started because my son was interested and as such was one of many things I did as parent to bond with him. If more people spent some time bonding with their kids and teaching them some family values, maybe people could trust each other better. I taught my son to play golf, coached his soccer team, took him on vacation to over 30 different countries, paid for him to have extra tutoring which enabled him to get into a top us University. Raising him with good family values will be something I'd consider to be a highlight of my life.
By the way, if you believe there are Pearly Gates, maybe i can sell you some fairy tale comics.

79Clothes. - Page 4 Empty Re: Clothes. Thu Jun 27 2013, 18:49

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

waynagain wrote:
By the way, if you believe there are Pearly Gates, maybe i can sell you some fairy tale comics.

Laughing

80Clothes. - Page 4 Empty Re: Clothes. Thu Jun 27 2013, 19:03

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Nothing wrong with collecting, good on ya mate. Comics are a cracking collection.

I used to collect Kubricks and Bearbricks from Japan when i was about 15. Got one worth 300 quid.

Don't do it anymore no spare cash.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 4 of 5]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum