Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Who Was Better.

+9
Soul Kitchen
Michael Bolton
Natasha Whittam
Mr Magoo
Hipster_Nebula
Reebok Trotter
kennster
waynagain
scottjames30
13 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Who was the better player.

Who Was Better. - Page 2 Vote_lcap38%Who Was Better. - Page 2 Vote_rcap 38% [ 6 ]
Who Was Better. - Page 2 Vote_lcap62%Who Was Better. - Page 2 Vote_rcap 62% [ 10 ]
Total Votes : 16

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 3]

21Who Was Better. - Page 2 Empty Re: Who Was Better. Thu Jun 27 2013, 20:56

kennster

kennster
Nicolas Anelka
Nicolas Anelka

Reebok Trotter wrote:
kennster wrote:

Yes but my general dislike isn't of this forum, it's more due to Sluffy trying to report me to the police for speaking to people in my year on twitter.

If you are genuinely a schoolboy then you will have nothing to fear from a visit by the fuzz. If they were to speak to people in your year then they would verify that you were the real McCoy.

I think a mate of mine is joining Mavies, so I will get the evidence for him.

I just don't like the thought of someone watching my every move just because of something on a forum.

22Who Was Better. - Page 2 Empty Re: Who Was Better. Thu Jun 27 2013, 21:04

scottjames30

scottjames30
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Who's the other ken then ?

23Who Was Better. - Page 2 Empty Re: Who Was Better. Thu Jun 27 2013, 21:06

Mr Magoo

Mr Magoo
Youri Djorkaeff
Youri Djorkaeff

Keep up Scott, you inbreed.

24Who Was Better. - Page 2 Empty Re: Who Was Better. Thu Jun 27 2013, 21:19

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I'm totally confused so I am just going to go back on topic.

With modern TV, the likes of Messi and Ronaldo get bags of airtime with every game beamed all over the World.

There were some great players in the seventies and eighties who didn't have the benefit of modern training techniques and proper diet. They only appeared on TV when Match of the Day televised their game.

We all know about George Best ( mainly because he played for United and was a Busby Babe ). Rodney Marsh at QPR was another gifted player but he preceded Terry Venables whose talents were never covered by mass media.

The likes of Alan Hudson, Charlie Cooke, Stan Bowles, Frank Worthington, Duncan Mackenzie, SuperMac, Tony Currie, Dennis Tueart, Gordon Hill, Ted McDougall, John Robertson and Terry Curran were all rebels back then but they were all technically gifted. They were just unfortunate to be born before modern TV technology brought their ability into our front rooms.

25Who Was Better. - Page 2 Empty Re: Who Was Better. Thu Jun 27 2013, 22:00

Soul Kitchen

Soul Kitchen
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Freddie Hill for me.

26Who Was Better. - Page 2 Empty Re: Who Was Better. Thu Jun 27 2013, 23:16

Angry Dad

Angry Dad
Youri Djorkaeff
Youri Djorkaeff

Out of those two zidane, but for me the best of all time is George Best, all these others inc messi would only be fit to wipe his arse.

27Who Was Better. - Page 2 Empty Re: Who Was Better. Thu Jun 27 2013, 23:51

Copper Dragon

Copper Dragon
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Take your pick.....

Martin Dobson
Brian O'Neill
Trevor Steven

Or wingers paradise.......

Ralph Coates
Dave Thomas
Leighton James
Glen Little

28Who Was Better. - Page 2 Empty Re: Who Was Better. Fri Jun 28 2013, 00:22

Banks of the Croal

Banks of the Croal
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

zidanne for me. no noncence class player

29Who Was Better. - Page 2 Empty Re: Who Was Better. Fri Jun 28 2013, 09:28

Soul Kitchen

Soul Kitchen
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

As a side issue which Ronaldo?

30Who Was Better. - Page 2 Empty Re: Who Was Better. Fri Jun 28 2013, 09:53

Angry Dad

Angry Dad
Youri Djorkaeff
Youri Djorkaeff

Michael Bolton wrote:Rodney Marsh said George Best was the best ever footballer, better than Messi.
He's right watch film of bestie going round players ,jumping over them,getting badly hacked down by real hard bastards like hunter ,chopper Harris,bremner,Makay,lorimer, etc and getting straight up taking the ball back and going on to assist or score players were terrified of him he had balance like no other player fucking magnificent talent wasted, what he could have been but for the birds and booze. These ladies today fall down in a breeze die for 10 mins then get up as if nothing happened overpaid wankers the lot of them.

31Who Was Better. - Page 2 Empty Re: Who Was Better. Fri Jun 28 2013, 10:17

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Angry Dad wrote:
Michael Bolton wrote:Rodney Marsh said George Best was the best ever footballer, better than Messi.
He's right watch film of bestie going round players ,jumping over them,getting badly hacked down by real hard bastards like hunter ,chopper Harris,bremner,Makay,lorimer, etc and getting straight up taking the ball back and going on to assist or score players were terrified of him he had balance like no other player fucking magnificent talent wasted, what he could have been but for the birds and booze. These ladies today fall down in a breeze die for 10 mins then get up as if nothing happened overpaid wankers the lot of them.

It's true he had amazing balance and ability but he only turned up one game in three - a bit like Frankie. But when he did play well he was unstoppable.

32Who Was Better. - Page 2 Empty Re: Who Was Better. Fri Jun 28 2013, 13:39

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I used to love that guy Mohammed Zidane.

very underrated.

33Who Was Better. - Page 2 Empty Re: Who Was Better. Fri Jun 28 2013, 13:49

waynagain

waynagain
Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

I played against Marsh when he played for Tampa and he was full of shit. Didn't he also say Campo was a Sunday League Pub Player?

34Who Was Better. - Page 2 Empty Re: Who Was Better. Fri Jun 28 2013, 13:53

waynagain

waynagain
Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

Soul Kitchen wrote:Freddie Hill for me.

:clap: 
Don't know if he's had it done yet, but Freddie has been waiting for a hip replacement.

35Who Was Better. - Page 2 Empty Re: Who Was Better. Fri Jun 28 2013, 14:55

Angry Dad

Angry Dad
Youri Djorkaeff
Youri Djorkaeff

wanderlust wrote:
Angry Dad wrote:

It's true he had amazing balance and ability but he only turned up one game in three - a bit like Frankie. But when he did play well he was unstoppable.
I heard he turned up really late for a match still half cut with a hangover and still played a blinder.

36Who Was Better. - Page 2 Empty Re: Who Was Better. Fri Jun 28 2013, 15:27

scottjames30

scottjames30
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I've seen videos of Pele ,best, maradona and tbh all great players, but not in the same league as Messi.

37Who Was Better. - Page 2 Empty Re: Who Was Better. Fri Jun 28 2013, 15:53

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

scottjames30 wrote:I've seen videos of Pele ,best, maradona and tbh all great players, but not in the same league as Messi.

Messi plays in a time when football is virtually non-contact. He wouldn't have lasted 5 minutes in Pele's day. I doubt he'd even be in the top 100 players if he'd been born 60 years earlier.

38Who Was Better. - Page 2 Empty Re: Who Was Better. Fri Jun 28 2013, 16:07

waynagain

waynagain
Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

Highlights don't show everything a player gives to his team. Pele was a better player when he was 16 than Messi is now.

39Who Was Better. - Page 2 Empty Re: Who Was Better. Fri Jun 28 2013, 16:08

scottjames30

scottjames30
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

waynagain wrote:Highlights don't show everything a player gives to his team. Pele was a better player when he was 16 than Messi is now.

Laughing 

He didn't score more goals than him.

40Who Was Better. - Page 2 Empty Re: Who Was Better. Fri Jun 28 2013, 16:10

scottjames30

scottjames30
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Natasha Whittam wrote:
scottjames30 wrote:I've seen videos of Pele ,best, maradona and tbh all great players, but not in the same league as Messi.

Messi plays in a time when football is virtually non-contact. He wouldn't have lasted 5 minutes in Pele's day. I doubt he'd even be in the top 100 players if he'd been born 60 years earlier.

lol! 

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 3]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum