Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Would you be prepared to die for your country ?

+11
Banks of the Croal
Angry Dad
BoltonTillIDie
Tigermin
Michael Bolton
Reebok Trotter
MartinBWFC
waynagain
Leeds_Trotter
bwfc71
scottjames30
15 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 2]

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Natasha Whittam wrote:I would wait and see if the invading country had decent policies for 30-something WAGs with above average intelligence.

So how would that benefit you?
Can we have a u-turn emoticon please mods?

I'd fight if the cause was right, but I wouldn't go to war on the say-so of this shit government - or any government for that matter. I'd fight for freedom of speech, freedom from oppression and for all just causes but I wouldn't go to war over oil or political shenanigans. Love my country, hate the wankers that run it.

Soul Kitchen

Soul Kitchen
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Reebok Trotter wrote:If we were invaded by a foreign country for whatever reason then I would happily pick up my musket. Once you get the wrong side of fifty you have pretty much seen all the world has to offer. You start thinking about your own mortality and are comfortable with the fact that we all have a relatively limited shelf life. Better to go out all guns blazing for a worthy cause than sat on your backside and going down with an aneurysm at one of Natasha's provocative comments

Sign me up. :gun: 

:agree:

If it was for the right reasons I would ie invasion. 

But I wouldn't go and fight in Afghanistan for instance because its  politically motivated. I dont really buy this notion that our troops are protecting us from something and are therefore heroes, I just see the army as a career choice these days, I have friends in it and they enjoy it so fair play to them.

waynagain

waynagain
Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

bwfc1874 wrote:If it was for the right reasons I would ie invasion. 

But I wouldn't go and fight in Afghanistan for instance because its  politically motivated. I dont really buy this notion that our troops are protecting us from something and are therefore heroes, I just see the army as a career choice these days, I have friends in it and they enjoy it so fair play to them.

Like when we declared war on Germany because they invaded Poland?

scottjames30

scottjames30
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Fighting someone else's wars upsets me, 'I mean if an invader tried to take over Britain', I hate these secret wars like in Oman for example.

waynagain wrote:

Are you trying to compare the Second World War and fighting the Nazis to invading Afghanistan and chasing the Taliban about?

scottjames30

scottjames30
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

bwfc1874 wrote:
waynagain wrote:

Are you trying to compare the Second World War and fighting the Nazis to invading Afghanistan and chasing the Taliban about?

Laughing 

Mr Magoo

Mr Magoo
Youri Djorkaeff
Youri Djorkaeff

If the money is very good, I might think about it.

scottjames30

scottjames30
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Mr Magoo wrote:If the money is very good, I might think about it.

You get Rations, that's it.

And a rifle .

Mr Magoo

Mr Magoo
Youri Djorkaeff
Youri Djorkaeff

Fuck off, i want a servant as well, and a private chef.

scottjames30

scottjames30
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Mr Magoo wrote:Fuck off, i want a servant as well, and a private chef.

OK , you can have Wayne, he can carry your rations and ammo, he'll keep watch while you sleep (stag on ).

Laughing 

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 2]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum