Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

The Lions are roaring!

5 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1The Lions are roaring! Empty The Lions are roaring! Sat Jul 06 2013, 12:56

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

Not really a big fan of rugby but proud the Lions are stuffing Australia.

Currently winning 16-41 with just a few minutes to go.

Seems our manager knew what he was doing when he dropped our star player and changed his tactics for the game.

Shows the importance of out thinking your opponent in order to win.

2The Lions are roaring! Empty Re: The Lions are roaring! Sat Jul 06 2013, 13:57

Michael Bolton

Michael Bolton
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

I just saw this on Skysports news and people are carrying on as if England have won the world cup. Its only three silly games of rugby, what is all the fuss about?

3The Lions are roaring! Empty Re: The Lions are roaring! Sat Jul 06 2013, 13:57

NickFazer

NickFazer
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

Nothing like giving it to the Aussies, well done lads. Gatland called it right and I hope he gets full credit for making the tough decisions.

Ashes whitewash now for the perfect summer.

4The Lions are roaring! Empty Re: The Lions are roaring! Sat Jul 06 2013, 14:00

NickFazer

NickFazer
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

Michael Bolton wrote:I just saw this on Skysports news and people are carrying on as if England have won the world cup. Its only three silly games of rugby, what is all the fuss about?

Sky provide fantastic coverage of a lot of sport but they over-hype everything to ridiculous proportions, its Americanisation at its worst.

5The Lions are roaring! Empty Re: The Lions are roaring! Sun Jul 07 2013, 01:29

Hip Priest

Hip Priest
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

The Lions victory was magnificent and made my day. The Aussies fancied their chances big time and were expecting to romp it but we absolutely murdered them in their own back yard. Four tries to one so no excuses for the whinging Aussies, they were thrashed. I don't agree that Sky's coverage was over the top, personally I thought it was absolutely brilliant. Bring on the ashes.

6The Lions are roaring! Empty Re: The Lions are roaring! Sun Jul 07 2013, 18:50

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Gatland was slated for dropping O'Driscoll but his decision was fully vindicated with the victory. Had the Lions lost, then he would have been hammered from all quarters. It takes a brave manager to drop a legend but Rugby Union history will now show that Gatland made the right call.

Alf Ramsay did a similar thing in 66 when he dropped Jimmy Greaves in the final for Geoff Hurst. Hurst went on to score a hat-trick.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum