Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

When should the season start?

4 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

rammywhite

rammywhite
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Does anyone else think the season starts too early.  The first game is August 3rd- when loads of people are still on holiday. The schools haven't started back then either.
Every year I miss at least one ,sometimes two home games because I'm still on holiday.
If it started about three weeks later and we had more Tuesday night games it would suit me and I guess a lot of other people as well.
Anyone agree- or am I talking crap?

Last edited by rammywhite on Sun 7 Jul - 10:02; edited 1 time in total

Angry Dad

Angry Dad
Youri Djorkaeff
Youri Djorkaeff

It starts too early.

Michael Bolton

Michael Bolton
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

I was really surprised to see the first game being Aug 3rd, but I guess there is a World Cup next summer which means domestic football needs to be wrapped up earlier. 
I think middle of August is right, i loved the start of the season during the summer holidays and games in the sun.

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

It should never stop.
Teams should have a spare squad and as soon as every team in the league has played every other team twice they should decide relegation, promotion and who gets the gong, and then start the next season the next week.

Maybe then I wouldn't have to endure weeks of not knowing who will earn the right to wear the shirt of the mighty Wanderers.

And Match of the Day and The Football League Show would be on tonight.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum