Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Gazza

+9
BoltonTillIDie
Hip Priest
Reebok Trotter
WhiteBic
Hipster_Nebula
Culcheth_White
Angry Dad
Sluffy
Michael Bolton
13 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

1Gazza Empty Gazza Mon Jul 08 2013, 23:36

Michael Bolton

Michael Bolton
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

I read today that he went into a shop in London and bought a bottle of gin and opened it in the shop to have a drink of it and he was arrested for attacking his ex wife when pissed up.

It is only a few months ago that Lineker, Chris Evans and I think Ronnie Irani paid for his fees for rehab in America. Everytime he comes out and says he is clean now (and people applaud) and isn't going to touch alcohol again. But he always does.

It is really sad what has happened to Gazza, he had it all, he was rich, he was loved by the nation, he had a great life playing football for a living, he had a wife and loads of close friends. Now he seems to have nothing. 

He is surely going to be found dead before too long and people will say more should have been done to help him whilst he was alive. Should he be helped more now?
What do you think of him, do you think he is a waste of space?

2Gazza Empty Re: Gazza Mon Jul 08 2013, 23:47

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

My mother smoked for over 50 years until one day the doctor told her that it had resulted in her having poor circulation and that if she did not stop she would lose her legs.

She stopped.

Gazza knows the drinking will kill him.

He still drinks.

Moral - you are only as strong as your willpower.

3Gazza Empty Re: Gazza Tue Jul 09 2013, 00:00

Angry Dad

Angry Dad
Youri Djorkaeff
Youri Djorkaeff

I think he will do what he wants and yes he will be found dead and not too far in the future. He can't or does not want to stop, I knew two alcoholics they both died after going dry then starting again its a terrible disease and a horrific death one of them was found dead in bed with blood coming from his eyes nose and mouth,the other went completely yellow when the liver went a horrific sight for the kids to see.You can't help them all they want is money for drink and they end up losing friends and family because they pester for money and get violent.Its a terrible shame for gaza but he never was quite right 
 in the head anyway.

4Gazza Empty Re: Gazza Wed Jul 10 2013, 19:05

Culcheth_White

Culcheth_White
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

Me and my mate had a chat a few years ago about Gazza and we both agreed that he'd probably be dead by the time he turned 50. It's not looking very good for him, yet again.

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/news/5005862/Lost-dazed-and-slumped-at-a-hotel-legend-Gazza-pleads-for-another-drink.html

5Gazza Empty Re: Gazza Wed Jul 10 2013, 20:33

Michael Bolton

Michael Bolton
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

Jesus. Sadly there is no hope for him any more. No matter how many times he goes to rehab he is soon on the lash again.

6Gazza Empty Re: Gazza Wed Jul 10 2013, 20:39

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

national hero no less.

think that tells you a lot about this country. (England)

7Gazza Empty Re: Gazza Wed Jul 10 2013, 23:42

WhiteBic

WhiteBic
Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

Shame, would of made a great pundit.

8Gazza Empty Re: Gazza Thu Jul 11 2013, 08:20

Culcheth_White

Culcheth_White
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

I think Gazza suffers from a shed full load of anxiety and when you combine alcohol with his anxiety, that really is a recipe for disaster.

9Gazza Empty Re: Gazza Thu Jul 11 2013, 08:31

Michael Bolton

Michael Bolton
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

I was watching the world in motion song on youtube the other day, Gazza looked great in it and looked so happy. Its awful to think just 23 years later to see him broke and like this. 
I think his only hope is having a purpose in life - someone to give him a chance as maybe a scout for a football club looking for talent.

10Gazza Empty Re: Gazza Thu Jul 11 2013, 09:10

Angry Dad

Angry Dad
Youri Djorkaeff
Youri Djorkaeff

Michael Bolton wrote:I was watching the world in motion song on youtube the other day, Gazza looked great in it and looked so happy. Its awful to think just 23 years later to see him broke and like this. 
I think his only hope is having a purpose in life - someone to give him a chance as maybe a scout for a football club looking for talent.
He's a lost cause MB if he got a job he'd go missing and turn up somewhere pissed and violent . Some make it but I'd say he past the point of no return a long time ago and if I was a betting man I'd bet on this being his last summer,you just can't help them.

11Gazza Empty Re: Gazza Thu Jul 11 2013, 19:09

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

He's a basket case tbh. I think he has a self-destructive personality which will ultimately lead to his early death.

12Gazza Empty Re: Gazza Fri Jul 12 2013, 01:03

Hip Priest

Hip Priest
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

Tragic, but I'd give him 2 years maximum.

13Gazza Empty Re: Gazza Mon May 11 2015, 15:18

BoltonTillIDie

BoltonTillIDie
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

New documentary coming out - looks quite interesting

14Gazza Empty Re: Gazza Mon May 11 2015, 15:24

Hip Priest wrote:Tragic, but I'd give him 2 years maximum.
nearly time up i guess

15Gazza Empty Re: Gazza Mon May 11 2015, 16:35

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

You will be surprised at how the body can repair itself.

16Gazza Empty Re: Gazza Mon May 11 2015, 17:03

rammywhite

rammywhite
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Hipster_Nebula wrote:national hero no less.

I think that you'll need to explain this a bit more Is he a national hero? A hero??
And what does it tell us about this country of England?
Is it that we make heroes out of drunks? Or have I completely misunderstood what you were saying.
This is not an aggressive question- it's simply that your comment doesn't make sense to me

17Gazza Empty Re: Gazza Mon May 11 2015, 17:17

rammywhite wrote:
Hipster_Nebula wrote:national hero no less.

I think that you'll need to explain this a bit more Is he a national hero? A hero??
And what does it tell us about this country of England?
Is it that we make heroes out of drunks? Or have I completely misunderstood what you were saying.
This is not an aggressive question- it's simply that your comment doesn't make sense to me

It won't do rammy. Hipster needs subtitles even on a forum Wink

18Gazza Empty Re: Gazza Mon May 11 2015, 17:28

Bwfc1958

Bwfc1958
Tinned Toms - You know it makes sense!

I think saying he's a national hero is a bit strong but he was definitely idolised by many and when that happens it clouds people's judgement of their actual personality. Whenever I've seen him on TV he comes across as a real nice guy but the demon drink changes a person and what he's put his family through is terrible, especially his wife, who he kicked the shit out of on a regular basis and his kids who have had to witness his abuse and demise. It's amazing how much alcohol can change a person, it makes him mental (remember the time he turned up to the Raul Moat standoff with some cans and food offering his services as a negotiator).

It was the same with George Best, Mike Tyson and more recently Floyd Mayweather. You can beat the shit out of your other half but people don't care as much because they are sporting idols, whereas in reality, they're all wankers imo.

19Gazza Empty Re: Gazza Mon May 11 2015, 17:59

Gazza Hipsters-meme-in-my-day-we-called-them-gays

20Gazza Empty Re: Gazza Mon May 11 2015, 18:22

BoltonTillIDie

BoltonTillIDie
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

In the 90s before all his problems started he was classed as a national treasure.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum