Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Are you depressed - serious question

+8
doffcocker
Norpig
Boggersbelief
Angry Dad
Mr Magoo
Copper Dragon
Reebok Trotter
Sluffy
12 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

1Are you depressed - serious question Empty Are you depressed - serious question Tue Jul 09 2013, 21:29

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

Thankfully I'm not but there's plenty out there who are.

Don't know if it might help anyone but I've found a test (via a BBC article) that helps you discover if you have symptoms of depression or not.

Here is the test -

http://www.netdoctor.co.uk/interactive/interactivetests/goldberg.php

BBC article -

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/23226524

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Sluffy wrote:Thankfully I'm not but there's plenty out there who are.

Don't know if it might help anyone but I've found a test (via a BBC article) that helps you discover if you have symptoms of depression or not.

Here is the test -

BBC article -

I have suffered from depression throughout my adult life. I put it down to supporting Wanderers.

Copper Dragon

Copper Dragon
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Real depression is following a club that has just been beaten 1-0 by Morecambe, friendly or no friendly. Very Happy 

Mr Magoo

Mr Magoo
Youri Djorkaeff
Youri Djorkaeff

Reebok Trotter wrote:
Sluffy wrote:Thankfully I'm not but there's plenty out there who are.

Here is the test -

BBC article -

I have suffered from depression throughout my adult life. I put it down to supporting Wanderers, and being an ugly TWAT.

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

With lucky lips, you''ll always have a baby in your arms.Laughing

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I hit 32 on the Goldberg scale. Moderate to Minor. I expect my condition to improve once the season starts.

Angry Dad

Angry Dad
Youri Djorkaeff
Youri Djorkaeff

I suffered a bad bout of depression during my divorce to my first wife, the doc put me on some drug that made me a bit violent, rages and wanting to hurt myself or anyone that tried to be sympathetic. I didn't realise it was happening to me then my girlfriend saw on news at ten that this drug was causing youngsters to murder their parents and other wierd stuff, straight up not kidding, cant remember what it was called, anyway i came off it and i was fine, nothing a few whisky's and a lot of shagging didn,t sort out. I think docs are irresponsible with these anti depressants.

Boggersbelief

Boggersbelief
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Its a fact that most people will suffer depression in
their lifetime. It's seen as a weakness which i think is terrible

Angry Dad

Angry Dad
Youri Djorkaeff
Youri Djorkaeff

I took the test and it say's i reached level 1

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Angry Dad wrote:I suffered a bad bout of depression during my divorce to my first wife, the doc put me on some drug that made me a bit violent, rages and wanting to hurt myself or anyone that tried to be sympathetic. I didn't realise it was happening to me then my girlfriend saw on news at ten that this drug was causing youngsters to murder their parents and other wierd stuff, straight up not kidding, cant remember what it was called, anyway i came off it and i was fine, nothing a few whisky's and a lot of shagging didn,t sort out. I think docs are irresponsible with these anti depressants.

sounds like it may have been Prozac, i remember there being quite a few stories about it especially in America when teenagers were given it and causing the side effects you mentioned.

Angry Dad

Angry Dad
Youri Djorkaeff
Youri Djorkaeff

I just remembered what it was a drug called Seroxat and people were getting criminal charges against them dropped if they were found to be on it. If you read the leaflet on these things you would be happy again by just throwing them away.

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Angry Dad wrote:I just remembered what it was a drug called Seroxat and people were getting criminal charges against them dropped if they were found to be on it. If you read the leaflet on these things you would be happy again by just throwing them away.

both of these have had issues with these kind of side effects and it states it in the information leaflet in the box now. Not something i would want to be taking but they do work for lots of people.

doffcocker

doffcocker
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Boggersbelief wrote:Its a fact that most people will suffer depression in
their lifetime. It's seen as a weakness which i think is terrible

There's this misconception that a person's level of satisfaction should be proportionate to how much they've got going for them. He's got a wife, children, and money, what has he got to be depressed about? She's depressed - winning the lottery would surely cheer her up?
Depression doesn't have to relate to the things we do or don't have. Often people can see they have no material reason to be unhappy, but fail to shake off that frame of mind regardless.
I see how that's difficult to understand for somebody who hasn't experienced it for themselves, but the sooner society grasps that, the sooner it will be better equipped to manage the issue.

Not the greatest test for depression when one of the statements actually says do you feel depressed.

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

OneFinFreedman wrote:Not the greatest test for depression when one of the statements actually says do you feel depressed.

I noticed that. Shocked 

Mr Magoo

Mr Magoo
Youri Djorkaeff
Youri Djorkaeff

Scott gets depression every time he goes for a piss.

scottjames30

scottjames30
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Mr Magoo wrote:Scott gets depression every time he goes for a piss.

Reading your posts makes me depressed .::FU:: 

Soul Kitchen

Soul Kitchen
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

scottjames30 wrote:
Mr Magoo wrote:Scott gets depression every time he goes for a piss.

Reading your posts makes me depressed .::FU:: 

Can't understand that Scott, Magoo's posts have less content than a tramps wallet!

Mr Magoo

Mr Magoo
Youri Djorkaeff
Youri Djorkaeff

Shut it prick, or i will get Scott to bum you.

Michael Bolton

Michael Bolton
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

Mr Magoo wrote:Shut it prick, or i will get Scott to bum you.

You want to be careful magoo, do you know why? Because he's soul kitchen and he doesn't give a fuck, he'd soon dust you.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum