Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Your Cholesterol?

+9
gloswhite
Banks of the Croal
BoltonTillIDie
Tigermin
scottjames30
rammywhite
Reebok Trotter
Michael Bolton
Culcheth_White
13 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down  Message [Page 3 of 3]

41Your Cholesterol? - Page 3 Empty Re: Your Cholesterol? Thu Jul 11 2013, 22:53

Soul Kitchen

Soul Kitchen
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

On a another point anybody ever had a glucose tolerance test? I had one some years ago and was lucky not to boff up everywhere. I sometimes wonder whether some of these medics go and have a snigger after they've stitched you up?

42Your Cholesterol? - Page 3 Empty Re: Your Cholesterol? Thu Jul 11 2013, 22:58

Banks of the Croal

Banks of the Croal
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

I've had 2, managed them ok, but I know what you mean.

Wait till you reach 60 and you get the Bowel testing kit through the door.

What a fucking perormance that is.

43Your Cholesterol? - Page 3 Empty Re: Your Cholesterol? Thu Jul 11 2013, 23:20

Angry Dad

Angry Dad
Youri Djorkaeff
Youri Djorkaeff

scottjames30 wrote:What causes bad cholesterol ?
Diet is not the main cause of cholesterol especially when you get older your liver produces it and as you get older it produces more, obviously good diet helps.

44Your Cholesterol? - Page 3 Empty Re: Your Cholesterol? Thu Jul 11 2013, 23:24

Angry Dad

Angry Dad
Youri Djorkaeff
Youri Djorkaeff

They change their minds about the figures some years ago mine was 5.7 and the nurse said thats good eat what you want, 5 years later i get an mot and its 3.9 and they said try to get it down to 3 the govt have set lower targets.

45Your Cholesterol? - Page 3 Empty Re: Your Cholesterol? Thu Jul 11 2013, 23:31

xmiles

xmiles
Jay Jay Okocha
Jay Jay Okocha

Banks of the Croal wrote:

Wait till you reach 60 and you get the Bowel testing kit through the door.

What a fucking perormance that is.

Yes that's a real laugh. Two samples of three separate bowel movements.

46Your Cholesterol? - Page 3 Empty Re: Your Cholesterol? Thu Jul 11 2013, 23:39

Angry Dad

Angry Dad
Youri Djorkaeff
Youri Djorkaeff

scottjames30 wrote:I've heard people take aspirin to make the blood flow better, and to prevent heart attacks.

I might get some just incase.
I take a 75mg aspirin a day scott the hospital told me to after i had to be De-fibrillated to slow my heart rate down after i went on a drinking binge about 5 years ago my heart rate was going 190 non stop and i got raced in to hospital straight from the docs ,i'd had it all night and just went to the docs in the morning he put the scope on me and called for an ambulance on the spot, i fuckin shit myself.

47Your Cholesterol? - Page 3 Empty Re: Your Cholesterol? Fri Jul 12 2013, 07:08

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

The experts told us that fish oil was really good for us and people were taking cod liver oil and halibut oil capsules. Yesterday, they declared that too much Omega 3 is bad for you and can cause prostate cancer in men.

If we listened to everything we were told we would end up living on water and the odd lettuce leaf.

48Your Cholesterol? - Page 3 Empty Re: Your Cholesterol? Fri Jul 12 2013, 07:23

Triumph

Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

scottjames30 wrote:I've heard people take aspirin to make the blood flow better, and to prevent heart attacks.

I take Aspirin, not because I was advised to but because of the reports I read, been on them about 5 years, I also take statins because I need to.

49Your Cholesterol? - Page 3 Empty Re: Your Cholesterol? Fri Jul 12 2013, 07:53

rammywhite

rammywhite
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Reebok Trotter wrote:The experts told us that fish oil was really good for us and people were taking cod liver oil and halibut oil capsules. Yesterday, they declared that too much Omega 3 is bad for you and can cause prostate cancer in men.

If we listened to everything we were told we would end up living on water and the odd lettuce leaf.

Sorry to disappoint you RT - but water and odd lettuce can give you bowel problems- so ,once again ,you're snookered!!

50Your Cholesterol? - Page 3 Empty Re: Your Cholesterol? Fri Jul 12 2013, 07:58

rammywhite

rammywhite
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Triumph wrote:

I take Aspirin, not because I was advised to but because of the reports I read, been on them about 5 years, I also take statins because I need to.

Get some- but make sure that they're coated aspirin- and take them at night as they're absorbed into your bloodstream more effectively.
However- they thin the blood out well but there are two other things to be aware of:

a) if you nick yourself shaving then it takes forever for the blood to congeal and stop bleeding
b) any drugs that you take get into your bloodstream much more quickly. That includes alcohol- so I now feel pissed after  couple of pints! That's good because it makes nights out cheap- but three glasses of wine and you're falling asleep

51Your Cholesterol? - Page 3 Empty Re: Your Cholesterol? Fri Jul 12 2013, 10:46

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Not wishing to merge the Cholesterol and Chalfont thread, but I have had a medical brainwave. Why don't doctors inject cholesterol into the Chalfonts? That should kill the buggers.

52Your Cholesterol? - Page 3 Empty Re: Your Cholesterol? Fri Jul 12 2013, 16:21

scottjames30

scottjames30
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

rammywhite wrote:
b) any drugs that you take get into your bloodstream much more quickly. That includes alcohol- so I now feel pissed after  couple of pints! That's good because it makes nights out cheap- but three glasses of wine and you're falling asleep

Sounds good :good: 

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 3 of 3]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum