Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Your Cholesterol?

+9
gloswhite
Banks of the Croal
BoltonTillIDie
Tigermin
scottjames30
rammywhite
Reebok Trotter
Michael Bolton
Culcheth_White
13 posters

Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 3]

1Your Cholesterol? Empty Your Cholesterol? Thu Jul 11 2013, 20:09

Culcheth_White

Culcheth_White
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

I've just had my results of my cholesterol levels and my result was 4. My GP said this was really good and to carry on with my eating habits.(I'm 43 btw)

My best mate, who is the same age as me, his cholesterol level was 5.5 and he says he's been told to change his diet? Shocked 

Has anybody on here have their cholesterol levels checked recently?

2Your Cholesterol? Empty Re: Your Cholesterol? Thu Jul 11 2013, 20:12

Michael Bolton

Michael Bolton
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

I know I should check mine but I am scared to find out the results.

3Your Cholesterol? Empty Re: Your Cholesterol? Thu Jul 11 2013, 20:16

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

About 5 years ago I was 7.5 and the Doc told me I had to improve my diet otherwise he would have to prescribe statins. I haven't been back to the doctor since then.

4Your Cholesterol? Empty Re: Your Cholesterol? Thu Jul 11 2013, 20:27

Michael Bolton

Michael Bolton
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

Reebok Trotter wrote:About 5 years ago I was 7.5 and the Doc told me I had to improve my diet otherwise he would have to prescribe statins. I haven't been back to the doctor since then.

Did you change your diet?

5Your Cholesterol? Empty Re: Your Cholesterol? Thu Jul 11 2013, 20:31

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Did I eckerslike! I think it can be genetic because my mother has it and she has never smoked or been a boozer. She went on statins and ended up with terrible cramps so she stopped taking them.

At the end of the day something is always going to kill you so I can't be arsed wasting my time worrying about what might happen. Mind you, I don't eat anywhere near the amount of junk food that you do and my BMI is bloody brilliant.

6Your Cholesterol? Empty Re: Your Cholesterol? Thu Jul 11 2013, 20:50

Culcheth_White

Culcheth_White
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

Reebok Trotter wrote:About 5 years ago I was 7.5 and the Doc told me I had to improve my diet otherwise he would have to prescribe statins. I haven't been back to the doctor since then.
I was hoping to see you at the Burnley away game in August, but I now have my doubts. I still have have a black next suit, that I could wear at your funeral.(providing it still fits me).

7Your Cholesterol? Empty Re: Your Cholesterol? Thu Jul 11 2013, 20:54

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Culcheth_White wrote:
I was hoping to see you at the Burnley away game in August, but I now have my doubts. I still have have a black next suit, that I could wear at your funeral.(providing it still fits me).

I can't make the Burnley game due to holidays but I have a few away trips planned in the pipeline.

8Your Cholesterol? Empty Re: Your Cholesterol? Thu Jul 11 2013, 21:23

Michael Bolton

Michael Bolton
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

Reebok Trotter wrote:Did I eckerslike! I think it can be genetic because my mother has it and she has never smoked or been a boozer. She went on statins and ended up with terrible cramps so she stopped taking them.

At the end of the day something is always going to kill you so I can't be arsed wasting my time worrying about what might happen. Mind you, I don't eat anywhere near the amount of junk food that you do and my BMI is bloody brilliant.

Yes, I know what you mean. 
There was a woman at work who was about mid 50s and she was bigger than me, she must have weighed 30 stone, she was huge! She ate crap all day. She retired last year. There was another woman the same age skinny as a rake and she got lung cancer and died within 3 months of being diagnosed. 
I don't want to live until 100 anyway, I am going to keep filling my face with cream cakes and shit. Do you know why? Because I am Michael Bolton and I don't give a fuck.

9Your Cholesterol? Empty Re: Your Cholesterol? Thu Jul 11 2013, 21:27

rammywhite

rammywhite
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

I had a heart attack 10 years ago- cholesterol level was 9. I've got it down to 4.2- and it's been constant at that level for years.
Statins are great- provided that you get the one that suits you.
35% of first 'cardiac events' are fatal- so be warned all of you stuffing your faces with fat laden crap!

10Your Cholesterol? Empty Re: Your Cholesterol? Thu Jul 11 2013, 21:29

Michael Bolton

Michael Bolton
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

rammywhite wrote:I had a heart attack 10 years ago- cholesterol level was 9. I've got it down to 4.2- and it's been constant at that level for years.
Statins are great- provided that you get the one that suits you.
35% of first 'cardiac events' are fatal- so be warned all of you stuffing your faces with fat laden crap!

Oh blimey. Glad you are ok. Did it hurt?

11Your Cholesterol? Empty Re: Your Cholesterol? Thu Jul 11 2013, 21:30

scottjames30

scottjames30
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Fuck knows what mine is as I've never had it checked?

Does the nurse do it , or your doctor ?

12Your Cholesterol? Empty Re: Your Cholesterol? Thu Jul 11 2013, 21:34

rammywhite

rammywhite
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Yes there is some pain- but not as bad as lots of other stuff, like broken bones or burns. Its not the pain that gets you-it's the fact that without feeling bad at all ,suddenly you're facing a real health problem that can end it for you. Sometimes a second heart attack ,can follow the first, within hours- and that's the one that carries you off.
But at the  minute I'm as fit as a butchers dog.

13Your Cholesterol? Empty Re: Your Cholesterol? Thu Jul 11 2013, 21:35

Michael Bolton

Michael Bolton
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

rammywhite wrote:Yes there is some pain- but not as bad as lots of other stuff, like broken bones or burns. Its not the pain that gets you-it's the fact that without feeling bad at all ,suddenly you're facing a real health problem that can end it for you. Sometimes a second heart attack ,can follow the first, within hours- and that's the one that carries you off.
But at the  minute I'm as fit as a butchers dog.

Good to hear you are doing well now rammy. It is all a bit scary.

14Your Cholesterol? Empty Re: Your Cholesterol? Thu Jul 11 2013, 21:36

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Go to your GP and they normally have a nurse who will prick your finger and give you a result there and then. If it's high your GP will send you to the clinic for a proper Cholestrol check where you have to fast from 9pm the previous evening and can only drink water.

15Your Cholesterol? Empty Re: Your Cholesterol? Thu Jul 11 2013, 21:40

Tigermin

Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

No idea what mine is and do not give a flying fuck. I will never have it tested or else someone will try and dictate how I eat and live. I enjoy my diet and the amount I drink,when I feel shit I will stop by dying !

16Your Cholesterol? Empty Re: Your Cholesterol? Thu Jul 11 2013, 21:43

rammywhite

rammywhite
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Good on ya Tigermin- but you might die a lot sooner than you imagine. Fatal heart attacks for people in their 20s occur

17Your Cholesterol? Empty Re: Your Cholesterol? Thu Jul 11 2013, 21:45

scottjames30

scottjames30
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

What causes bad cholesterol ?

18Your Cholesterol? Empty Re: Your Cholesterol? Thu Jul 11 2013, 21:47

BoltonTillIDie

BoltonTillIDie
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Bad diet isn't it

19Your Cholesterol? Empty Re: Your Cholesterol? Thu Jul 11 2013, 21:48

Tigermin

Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

rammywhite wrote:Good on ya Tigermin- but you might die a lot sooner than you imagine. Fatal heart attacks for people in their 20s occur

Ok Im good then,well past mid 20s !!

20Your Cholesterol? Empty Re: Your Cholesterol? Thu Jul 11 2013, 21:51

rammywhite

rammywhite
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

scottjames30 wrote:What causes bad cholesterol ?

Saturated fat - stuff like pies, ice cream pies, Warburton's white bread bacon butties
In fact everything that tastes good and you like.

Stuff like broccoli and cabbage is better for cholesterol- but it tastes like crud

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 3]

Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next