Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Cholesterol

5 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Cholesterol Empty Cholesterol Sat Jul 27 2013, 13:56

Angry Dad

Angry Dad
Youri Djorkaeff
Youri Djorkaeff

affraid Is it all bollocks or not anyone know much about it? i just had an mot and mine was 4.0 which the doc said was very good but iv'e been reading they want to get levels down as far as 2.0. I dont get all this LDL and HDL my LDL level says calculated LDL cholesterol level 3.3 and HDL 1.3 Total cholesterol level 4.0 that dont add up to me but doc says good and computor says ideal, i eat a lot of shit though indians and chinese fish and chips cheesy peas so wondering if i give all that up and just eat porridge and oily fish and fruit and veg would i get it down to 1.0

2Cholesterol Empty Re: Cholesterol Sat Jul 27 2013, 17:23

NickFazer

NickFazer
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

You may end up with no cholesterol at all and die, so best stick with the beer, rogan josh and cheesy peas. You may explode though

3Cholesterol Empty Re: Cholesterol Sat Jul 27 2013, 17:32

scottjames30

scottjames30
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Fuck knows, I've never had it checked , ever, I feel good so fuck um.

4Cholesterol Empty Re: Cholesterol Sat Jul 27 2013, 18:23

Angry Dad

Angry Dad
Youri Djorkaeff
Youri Djorkaeff

scottjames30 wrote:Fuck knows, I've never had it checked , ever, I feel good so fuck um.
Trouble with that is, is that you dont show any signs of it until you keel over then its too late:D

5Cholesterol Empty Re: Cholesterol Sun Jul 28 2013, 19:37

Culcheth_White

Culcheth_White
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

IMO, most diseases and conditions tend to be hereditary. I would ask your parents if they have high cholesterol.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/health/article-2260695/Man-35-killed-inherited-high-cholesterol--disease-undiagnosed-thousands-Britons.html

6Cholesterol Empty Re: Cholesterol Sun Jul 28 2013, 20:33

Soul Kitchen

Soul Kitchen
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

As in the article, high cholesterol can cause narrowing and hardening of the arteries. The big one for this is tabbing, however eating stuff that is tasty and pleasurable is also a big problem, cakes, pies, chips, you get the jist. Amongst many of my dad's problems was that the main artery into his heart bursted. This was caused by hardening and the fact he smoked forty Capstan a day for thirty year! Fortunately they transplant a synthetic piece in, it was a pig's artery in my dad's case, and they can last 30 years I believe.
I had my first cholesterol check twenty years ago and the level was 6, now it's 5! I know mine was well under 6 but not sure it was under 5. I had one in June and it was 4.2. Are they fiddling the test/figures? AD if you've had a test I suspect you'll keep having to have them but at least you know where you stand!?!

7Cholesterol Empty Re: Cholesterol Sun Jul 28 2013, 20:43

Angry Dad

Angry Dad
Youri Djorkaeff
Youri Djorkaeff

It was down to my employer she pays for private check up's, making sure i'm up to the job i reckon:suspect:

8Cholesterol Empty Re: Cholesterol Sun Jul 28 2013, 22:26

Soul Kitchen

Soul Kitchen
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Well if it doesn't cost you fuck nothing you can't complain, at least you know you are ok, some poor bastard will be told to go and have a bad trip!

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]