Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Pre-season matches

+19
Barryjw
Mr Magoo
terenceanne
xmiles
Lbj
aaron_bwfc
Sluffy
rammywhite
Copper Dragon
scottjames30
JonnyRandom
observer
Reebok Trotter
Culcheth_White
Keegan
Boggersbelief
wanderlust
Hipster_Nebula
BoltonTillIDie
23 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12  Next

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 9 of 12]

161Pre-season matches - Page 9 Empty Re: Pre-season matches Tue Jul 23 2013, 21:08

BoltonTillIDie

BoltonTillIDie
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Beckford has been brought on with 24 mins to go - Still losing 1-0

162Pre-season matches - Page 9 Empty Re: Pre-season matches Tue Jul 23 2013, 21:15

BoltonTillIDie

BoltonTillIDie
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

More heroics from Gillespie to save at second attempt from Lester. Pitch starting to become a problem now. Holding water.

163Pre-season matches - Page 9 Empty Re: Pre-season matches Tue Jul 23 2013, 21:15

Mr Magoo

Mr Magoo
Youri Djorkaeff
Youri Djorkaeff

Nice and sunny in Devon ::FU::

164Pre-season matches - Page 9 Empty Re: Pre-season matches Tue Jul 23 2013, 21:18

Boggersbelief

Boggersbelief
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I think my earlier comment has cursed us

165Pre-season matches - Page 9 Empty Re: Pre-season matches Tue Jul 23 2013, 21:20

scottjames30

scottjames30
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Has Beckford scored yet ?

166Pre-season matches - Page 9 Empty Re: Pre-season matches Tue Jul 23 2013, 21:22

BoltonTillIDie

BoltonTillIDie
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

167Pre-season matches - Page 9 Empty Re: Pre-season matches Tue Jul 23 2013, 21:35

BoltonTillIDie

BoltonTillIDie
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

FT - Bolton lose..

168Pre-season matches - Page 9 Empty Re: Pre-season matches Tue Jul 23 2013, 21:39

Boggersbelief

Boggersbelief
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Didn't we lose all or most of our pre season games in our last promotion winning season? Smile

169Pre-season matches - Page 9 Empty Re: Pre-season matches Tue Jul 23 2013, 21:39

BoltonTillIDie

BoltonTillIDie
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Hopefully it's a sign...

170Pre-season matches - Page 9 Empty Re: Pre-season matches Tue Jul 23 2013, 21:43

scottjames30

scottjames30
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Our defence is so vulnerable , we need to get someone on loan sharpish .

We all knew we had a problem filling the gap that Dawson left, Austin will pile drive our back four into next week, i think Freedman will sort something out Before Burnley.

171Pre-season matches - Page 9 Empty Re: Pre-season matches Tue Jul 23 2013, 22:35

BoltonTillIDie

BoltonTillIDie
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Final friendly is on Friday against Real Betis, hopefully freedman will play the team he has in mind for Burnley and we go on and win...would be nice for a confidence boost

172Pre-season matches - Page 9 Empty Re: Pre-season matches Tue Jul 23 2013, 22:58

observer

Andy Walker
Andy Walker

Maybe the board will wake up and bring in Spearing and Dawson before the pot of gold disappears.  Trust in DF... hopefully behind the scenes action taking place.

173Pre-season matches - Page 9 Empty Re: Pre-season matches Tue Jul 23 2013, 23:20

aaron_bwfc

aaron_bwfc

According to Iles it was a pretty poor performance, the goal coming from a poor piece of defending from Ream.

174Pre-season matches - Page 9 Empty Re: Pre-season matches Tue Jul 23 2013, 23:49

terenceanne

terenceanne
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

terenceanne wrote:
bwfc1874 wrote:
terenceanne wrote:I didn't say the defence was a shambles I meant to say it's not changed or might be worse until proved otherwise. Boggers had his hands stung several times and we shipped three anyhow......no disrespect but it's only the Shrews and Rotherham is barely a pub team.

If that's what you meant about the defence then it's a fair point, without Dawson we do look weaker, but a fit Wheater and 2 solid full backs should help negate that loss. 

To your points ..... you don't know if we are fit or not ....Rotherham and Shrews apparently are just as fit if not fitter!!!! 

We were comparing us now to last season, not us to the opposition. Dougie clearly sorted out the fitness last year - my point was that's a reason to be more positive than this time last year.

I don't think Ream at left back is a strange decision at all, he's experimenting in a pre season match. Ream would suit LB quite well by his style of play; good on the ball, quick and can tackle why not give that a try?

Losing Dawson is a loss, Spearing has been replaced by Medo a more box to box partner for him would be my preference, ideally Holden but we'll see how he gets on.

So for me we're much stronger than we were last year, a competent manager, improved fitness and a better squad.
Fair enough .... lets resume discussion after the next warm up on Tuesday.

You still have grand hopes?  what say you laddie What a Face

175Pre-season matches - Page 9 Empty Re: Pre-season matches Tue Jul 23 2013, 23:55

My hopes were never based on our pre season form terence, I don't think pre season means anything. Avoiding injury and getting players match fit is the point in my eyes and hopefully that's been achieved.

So yes I still feel as positive about next season, play offs if we don't sign a centre back to replace Dawson, automatic if we do.

What's your prediction?

176Pre-season matches - Page 9 Empty Re: Pre-season matches Wed Jul 24 2013, 01:17

terenceanne

terenceanne
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

bwfc1874 wrote:My hopes were never based on our pre season form terence, I don't think pre season means anything. Avoiding injury and getting players match fit is the point in my eyes and hopefully that's been achieved.

So yes I still feel as positive about next season, play offs if we don't sign a centre back to replace Dawson, automatic if we do.

What's your prediction?

I don't like predicting until I see a few real games..... last season I predicted dropping straight through which we would have with OC in charge.  For now I think we will lose most of our away games and win most of the home games....so mid-table....  of course if more players arrive or we come out looking like Barca predictions will change accordingly.

177Pre-season matches - Page 9 Empty Re: Pre-season matches Wed Jul 24 2013, 08:18

xmiles

xmiles
Jay Jay Okocha
Jay Jay Okocha

observer wrote:Maybe the board will wake up and bring in Spearing and Dawson before the pot of gold disappears.  Trust in DF... hopefully behind the scenes action taking place.

What pot of gold?

178Pre-season matches - Page 9 Empty Re: Pre-season matches Wed Jul 24 2013, 12:05

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

this thread.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

179Pre-season matches - Page 9 Empty Re: Pre-season matches Wed Jul 24 2013, 13:19

observer

Andy Walker
Andy Walker

xmiles wrote:
observer wrote:Maybe the board will wake up and bring in Spearing and Dawson before the pot of gold disappears.  Trust in DF... hopefully behind the scenes action taking place.

What pot of gold?

Neighborhood of 120 million pounds... which to me is a wealthy neighborhood!

180Pre-season matches - Page 9 Empty Re: Pre-season matches Wed Jul 24 2013, 20:22

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

GOAL! Conor Wilkinson rounds James Spencer in the FC United goal to hand Wanderers the lead. (19) 0-1

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 9 of 12]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12  Next

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum