Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Away matches on big screen at Reebok...

5 posters

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Bolton Nuts

Admin

Who thinks something like that is a good idea?

Would you go?

Doesn't have to be at the Reebok stadium. Could be in a big room or a bar or wherever, depending on demand.

You might think it would affect away crowd attendence but there are ways around that.

How much would you pay to get in to watch an away game, at home? A quid, a fiver? I think a fiver is not bad...

Can it be done?

https://boltonnuts.forumotion.co.uk

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Biggie wrote:Who thinks something like that is a good idea?

Would you go?

Doesn't have to be at the Reebok stadium. Could be in a big room or a bar or wherever, depending on demand.

You might think it would affect away crowd attendance but there are ways around that.

How much would you pay to get in to watch an away game, at home? A quid, a fiver? I think a fiver is not bad...

Can it be done?

If we were in the Premier League we would be on TV much more and Europe shows

3pm kick-offs, a lot of pubs used to have the foreign channels for this.

In Asia they show nearly every game (Thailand has 7 sport channels last time I saw that have live football on), I don't think satellite dishes in the UK can stretch that far with the way satellites orbit earth unless they have a loop from the satellite to one closer.

The answer to your Q would be that it depends if you could get a feed for the game week in week out, a lot of pubs get the dream boxes or similar and subscribe to Europe sat companies.

Also wouldn't a pub make tons of money generally on booze anyway so a "door fee" wouldn't generally be necessary?

scottjames30

scottjames30
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

The Flying flute on bradshawgate used to show all the Bolton games , it was hammered on match days.

Bolton Nuts

Admin

What I meant was, would it be a good move by the club? As in the club put away games on, officially? I'm not on about pubs trying to find it on a foreign channel.

I thought they (the club) weren't allowed to screen games live (unless they're simultaneously being shown live on British telly) under the terms of the deal with the broadcasters?

I might be wrong, but I recall having a big debate on the BBC 606 site about this a while back.

Bolton Nuts

Admin

Ah, well that's annoying. But would make sense. I hope that in the future it changes. Not everyone can realistically get to away matches and so completely miss out on them bar 30 seconds of highlights which reveal nothing. So many good fans are missing HALF the season through having no decent coverage.

The broadcast rights to the games are meaning that the tv companies own the games but nobody is allowed to see them...

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Biggie wrote: So many good fans are missing HALF the season through having no decent coverage.

The broadcast rights to the games are meaning that the tv companies own the games but nobody is allowed to see them...

Quit moaning and get a job at Sky you bellend.

SKDArmy

SKDArmy
Nicky Hunt
Nicky Hunt

Natasha Whittam wrote:
Biggie wrote: So many good fans are missing HALF the season through having no decent coverage.

Quit moaning and get a job at Sky you bellend.

:trust: An unnecessary aggressive post here natasha not really on when you don't know the ages of many people who view this...

Bolton Nuts

Admin

I too thought it was harsh. But I take her like I take all women, with a pinch of salt.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum