Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Big screen at Macron for all away games!

+8
scottjames30
Sluffy
BoltonTillIDie
Leeds_Trotter
carrs
MartinBWFC
Natasha Whittam
Bolton Nuts
12 posters

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Bolton Nuts

Admin

We will soon be able to watch all away games in the comfort of the Macron stadium with video fed back to large screens in the stadium...

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Article:

Initially, it will be available to fans of Bournemouth, Brighton & Hove Albion and Derby County who will be able to watch coverage of their club playing away from home during midweek following the installation of a fibre-optic network that will eventually link all club stadiums

As a result, clubs may now enter into agreements that will enable the away club to broadcast the match for the benefit of its own fans.

What could be nicer than nipping up to the Reebok midweek, having a pint and something to eat whilst watching Dougie Freedman and his gloriously expansive Bolton Wanderers side eke out a narrow 0-1 defeat to Brentford?

The first set of confirmed matches that will be broadcast (at the away club's ground) will be:

https://boltonnuts.forumotion.co.uk

Bolton Nuts

Admin

This was a potty idea I came up with a while back and mentioned it on here. To my recollection people were not too fussed about it but it seems it will now be a reality. Burnley already stream full coverage of all games home and away on their online Burnley Player website.

Would you go to the Reebok Macron to watch an away game?

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Biggie wrote:

Would you go to the Reebok Macron to watch an away game?

I think most people are giving the home games a miss, so why would they go for an away game?

MartinBWFC

MartinBWFC
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

The only logical reason for this is that fewer fans away will give Freedman fewer fuck offs, win win for Gartside.

carrs

David Lee
David Lee

Boos rang out at The Macron as Bolton slipped to yet another away defeat.

Leeds_Trotter

El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

Away followings will dwindle. Very poor idea!

BoltonTillIDie

BoltonTillIDie
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I remember back in the day watching a match at Burnden park on a big screen.  We played Man Utd and lost 3-0 I think.  Can't remember the atmosphere but it won't replace the experience of being there.  You can't chant at the other fans or to the players.

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

Maybe for home matches our fans can travel to the away ground and watch the game on their big screen - probably be a more fun day out and a better atmosphere than at the Reebok Macron right now!

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

BoltonTillIDie wrote:Can't remember the atmosphere but it won't replace the experience of being there.  You can't chant at the other fans or abuse the players.

scottjames30

scottjames30
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Id rather go and listen to bwfc1874 for half an hour's stand up.......

No wait right there, infact.. What time are they switching the screen on!

Pardon?

Numpty 28723

Numpty 28723
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

I went to the Reebok once when they did it - it was against City and we got battered by about 5 or 6. Thank God somebody invented the internet since then.

luckyPeterpiper

luckyPeterpiper
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

I don't see the point myself. I'd much rather stay home and listen to the radio stream while bantering with my fellow Nuts if I can't physically get to the game. 

In all honesty I think it's barely worth paying the money to travel to the Macron for a home game right now so why I should go there and freeze my butt off in mid winter just to watch a big screen of us playing away is rather beyond me.

bryan458

bryan458
Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

Ooops!!!!

MartinBWFC

MartinBWFC
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

I remember back in the day, 2 FA cup matches were beamed back, Derby and Wolves if I remember correctly, this was at Burnden.

Bolton Nuts

Admin

Yo...

I hope the big screen they use is not that shitty little corner screen they have with the scoreboard on it...

I reckon it'd be in the fanzone.

I remember watching a West Brom play off game in there years ago.

Bolton Nuts

Admin

That might work then, quite a few people used to turn up in pubs for live streams.... Maybe they should install a terrace in there?

Bwfceggy

David Ngog
David Ngog

The people that can't be arsed to even go watch the home game are merely fans of our club and not supporters

luckyPeterpiper

luckyPeterpiper
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Bwfceggy wrote:The people that can't be arsed to even go watch the home game are merely fans of our club and not supporters
I'm in disagreement with you here eggy. Sometimes the only way to show you care about the club is to withhold your money when you're not happy with what's going on. 

I didn't go yesterday because I was babysitting but I can sympathise with those who've chosen to stay away because they can't stand what Freedman's doing and refuse to give their money to a club that doesn't seem to care about anything the fans have to say and are only interested in emptying our wallets. 

The mantra "proper fans go to the game no matter what" no longer holds water, especially when football is such an expensive form of entertainment compared to many other things you could do for two or three hours on a Saturday afternoon. 

If the club wants to put bottoms on seats it has to earn our money and give us value for it. Yesterday it seems we'd have got it but all too often over the last few years that simply hasn't been true. I personally HAVE renewed my season ticket but I can't really blame anyone who decided not to given how much dross was served up last term. 

I think fans should remember that first and foremost they are customers and like customers of any business they have the right to choose whether or not to buy the product on offer. If it's not good enough then they keep their money in their own wallet and the company has to improve or forego the chance to get the cash they're after.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum