Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

All you need to know about Moritz

+7
wanderlust
BoltonTillIDie
Reebok_Rebel
Culcheth_White
Natasha Whittam
Boggersbelief
aaron_bwfc
11 posters

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

aaron_bwfc

aaron_bwfc

Quite an interesting article from the Lion of Vienna Suite website, a question and answer article with a Palace fan regarding our new man Moritz:-

One of the major issues with supporting a team that plays in the Championship is the simple inability to watch opposition on a regular basis. As such, it becomes very difficult to form an opinion on players not in Bolton shirts. In order to gain a bit of perspective on new signing Andre Moritz, officially signed earlier on Thursday, we spoke with Naveed Khan, a Crystal Palace fan who writes for Footy Matters about the Championship with a specific focus on Crystal Palace.

----

On Moritz's playing style:

"A typical number 10. Plays in the hole, off the front man. Always looking to put a ball through or have a shot at goal. Sweet left foot and takes a decent corner and free kick. If he gets enough of the ball, your wide players will enjoy playing with him"

----

His strengths:

"An eye for a through ball, set pieces are good. He's not "physical" but also not scared to get stuck in. You'll find he gets involved with the fans on twitter and the other players a lot and will make himself at home."

----

His weaknesses:

"He's not an impact player, he needs to start games and grow into them. I'd suggest he does not drop deep enough to help the midfield out so you will see Freedman start him more at home than away."

----

Is he up for a fight?

"He can muck in and be part of the team spirit, but he is not a nasty player and can at times be a bit of a luxury. He's not one to drag his team out of trouble but can contribute to success. He's not a diver or one to make the most of a tackle either. He's a fair player."

----

Why does Moritz seem to favor one year deals?

"No idea why. He was though offered a new deal in Turkey before moving here and we offered him a new deal but he wanted to play regularly. He's a bit of a nomad but that doesn't make him care any less."

----

Does he wear gloves?

"Wears them in winter and spring!"

----

If snoods were still legal in football, would he wear one?

"Yes!"

----

Is he one for a sensible haircut?

"He's a handsome guy, no doubt about it!"

----

Any final thoughts?

"Overall, a good signing by a manager who we know gets little wrong in the transfer market. Oddly enough, strikers are a weakness of his despite being a former striker, but in terms of defenders and midfielders, he does not get many wrong."

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Boggersbelief

Boggersbelief
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

About time we had a Brazilian, things were getting a bit hairy

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Sounds like another Petrov to me.

Also sounds like another "behind the frontman" type. I fully expect to play 4-6-0 at some point this season.

Culcheth_White

Culcheth_White
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

I have a nickname for him already! I'm going to call him "Moritzinho":bow:

Reebok_Rebel

Reebok_Rebel
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Sounds very lightweight.

Natasha Whittam wrote:Also sounds like another "behind the frontman" type. I fully expect to play 4-6-0 at some point this season.

We didn't have a behind the front man type up until now, Eagles, Hall and Lee are wingers.

BoltonTillIDie

BoltonTillIDie
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

If he's a sun and we want him on we can shout "get Moritz out for the lads"

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Makes sense in the absence of Mavies and Holden.

Jamster26

Jamster26
Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

A good creative player. Good buy in my opinion.

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

bwfc1874 wrote:

We didn't have a behind the front man type up until now, Eagles, Hall and Lee are wingers.

We just need to play two strikers, out and out strikers, and get the ball to them. I'm sick of this "winger coming inside" or "one striker playing behind the other" bullshit.

Football is a simple game. I don't remember Colin Todd telling Nathan Blake to play behind John McGinlay when they were smashing goals in left, right and centre.

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Natasha Whittam wrote:
bwfc1874 wrote:

We just need to play two strikers, out and out strikers, and get the ball to them. I'm sick of this "winger coming inside" or "one striker playing behind the other" bullshit.

Football is a simple game. I don't remember Colin Todd telling Nathan Blake to play behind John McGinlay when they were smashing goals in left, right and centre.

But they did. Blake, Walker, McGinlay etc - all those pairings had one dropping deeper apart from set pieces.
It doesn't make any sense to have two players out of the game when we're not in possession or building from the back. As you say, football is a simple game.

Natasha Whittam wrote:
bwfc1874 wrote:

Depends on the opposition for me, Coyle's insistence on playing 442 was a big contributor to getting us relegated IMO, because we simply didn't have the quality to only play 2 in midfield all the time. It's fine going forward but when we have to defend, our defence needs more protection IMO 433/451/4231 all have a holding midfielder to protect our weak defence.

Lifeofriley

Lifeofriley
Mario Jardel
Mario Jardel

Natasha Whittam wrote:
bwfc1874 wrote:

Dougie admitted we don't have strikers that can work together though. Seems like we've more chance of scoring in 4-5-1 than in 4-4-2... until we sign Rhodes on 1st September anyway....

Michael Bolton

Michael Bolton
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

He sounds more lightweight than Jimmy Crankee. This won't work out well.

Keegan

Keegan
Admin

By December 1st you'll be singing "We've got Moritz, you've got shite!"

https://forum.boltonnuts.co.uk

Culcheth_White

Culcheth_White
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

Michael Bolton wrote:He sounds more lightweight than Jimmy Crankee. This won't work out well.
Anybody sounds lightweight, in comparison to what you stuff your face in.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum